Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

Business owners should be able to refuse service to whoever they don't want to service.

I agree, if only because its really only the business thats losing by alienating major demographics or people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
All existence is oppressive as we consume resources we have no claim to.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

Eating rear end is not sexy.

Certainly not unpopular

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Bloodborne was the best one and they shouldn't have made more games, just kept releasing content for it.

I agree

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aramek posted:

I think the Souls games would be better if they were turn based menu driven jrpgs, with a fuckload of plot and talking and cut scenes. And combat is selecting FIGHT from a menu and watching a big number pop out and then you always win.

They're good the way they are, but I think that's an improvement they could make.

Its shame we'll never have Paper Souls

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aramek posted:

I like the Barenaked Ladies.

Somebody has to.

Nothing wrong with that. They're a great summer band

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Correct with some caveats. Normal employment sure, but any kind of executive exempt position, there should be allowed some discretion for sure.

As for theaters i enjoy the movie experience, especially when they have food and beer and stuff. What sucks ut the enjoyment is the price. Its stupid to pay a ton for popcorn or poo poo. Thats dumb as hell. At least the restaurant places serve gourmet stuff.

A beer is like 8 bucks at my local theater. The food is cheap though so I suppose it balances out

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

If a game has unskippable dialogue or cutscenes then it had better be the best, most fun game ever to make up for making me sit through that dumb, pointless bullshit.

One of the recent need for speed games did this, except the cutscenes were all live action.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Frostyhawk posted:

What's wrong with the ones you have?

They probably are not one with the Force

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Do you think anyone is doing this because "gently caress yes, now I get a defective baby!" because that's the impression you're giving off here.

There are parents who abuse kids for attention so that wouldn't exactly surprise me.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pro Wrestling is basically live action anime

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

I get it 100% and it is bad in literally every possible way and anyone who likes Seinfeld is a nincompoop, especially the type who, after reading my post, start composing a reply.

I respectfully disagree

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Drug testing employees is stupid and a waste of time, and completely invasive.

Unless there is an accident then check, but it should never be a condition for employment

Some companies that deal with government contracts are required to I think

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Intentionally spoiling things for people is dumb

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Coredump posted:

By default nature has the switch flipped to "on" for allowing us to procreate. The next step of society is we need to flip that switch to off. We should all be sterilized and BOTH parties need to wear a patch to enable conception. No tests to pass to get the patch, no fee, put the patch in vending machines on the street corner for all I care. But both parties need to be wearing the patch for a couple days at least before conception to be possible. Or take a pill, or get a shot. I don't care. But conscious and deliberate action to enable procreation instead of prevent is what I'm saying. Cut down on these "oops" babies.

This is why I feel that, given the average gay couple and average straight couple, the gay couple will probably be better parents. They can't have kids by accident

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

The IOSM thread it looks like. Someone is changing my avatar to Gamergate stuff within seconds of the farting fairy coming back. That I get to an extent - saying Milo is a prick somehow comes off as supporting him, but w/e - but this one is a total mystery.

E; haha, changed again. I hope they know I didn't choose the previous one. :v: That's 60 bucks in one week, wtf

Man I wish people got that mad at me

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Magnusth posted:

I also, wholeheartedly, believe that capitalism is scourge on the world; more than anything, i am an anti-capitalist. While capitalism is, in fact, working exactly as designed, that means the ever-inceasing exploitation of the working classes, imperialism, concentration of wealth, and the deadly and straight-up murderous expoitation of third-world countries, while also fuelling and encuraging racism, patriarchy and xenophobia.

I side with whoever gets us FTL travel

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog posted:

I was describing why Germans might exude a hate for America, not any objective truth. However let it be said, that the fact the majority of Americans are against Trump and his ideals, yet he is the leader, is not a point in your favour.

I personally think the people who voted for Trump did so because they simply can't afford to be socially conscious. The bible belt is one of the least educated areas in the country. The Republicans has exploited their ignorance by plantinf seeds of fear and making promises of making things better for Them.

I don't blame people for voting for Trump if they truly believed it was in there best intrest. I certainly blame the GOP, however.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

or you don't want to vote at all because you're either voting for the reason benghazi happened, or you're voting for a man that starts a sentence without an idea of how he'll end it.

Its more that people are voting for the person who at least acknowledged their struggles, despite how clearly bs it was. Idk, I just think its wrong to judge someone because they can't afford to have principles.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have no problem not getting married and/or not having kids. Life would be 1000% less stressful

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't necessarily day religion is the root cause of the poo poo

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I always just figured religion was early humans attampt at science

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If the Beatles come on the radio, I won't change the station

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
America isn't ready for universal healthcare. And by that I mean we're too fat for it.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
People have every right to spend there money how they choose, just as I have the right to judge them for spending it differently then I would, myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Its not needlessly petty. gently caress the ignorant Southerner who votes to defund Planned Parenthood at the federal level. Their hate, spite, and ignorance effects people all over the country, not just their shithole. gently caress people that vote for Weedlord Bonerhitler and allow political strategists to win votes with misinformation and apathy instead of ideas and platforms.

Non citizens should retain all human rights absolutely, but if you are uninterested in paying attention to whats going on, you shouldnt be able to throw a wrench into the system

Where I differ from you is that instead of blaming those who against there own interests out of ignorance, fear or whatever, we should blame whoever is co-opting those emotions to push their agenda, the GOP.

I don't see how blaming them fixes things, especially when actions speak louder than words and we could very well be taking the effort to do work to improve there lives and give us the opportunity to convince them to our point of view. But I'm also an idealist.