Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided to try an 11 pull since I don't have a good mage character. Got an ExDeath and a Dark Fina so yay for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Dumb question but I'm still pretty new to this: which units should I keep multiples of? Or which TMs are the best?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Added myself to the list, could use some help with Pro level DF. I've almost gotten her a few times but no one on my friend's list is quite whale enough.

ID: 827 538 035
hamsystm

Have a 6* DF currently 82 and Noctis at 5* just waiting on mats.

Edit: Had my number wrong

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 10, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

MrLonghair posted:

Pro DF? I've got a fat Noctis dedicated for her ELT variant that should be able to help, but I was unable to find you through search. I'm 790,951,475

Really helps to have two in the squad of five with all the utility that comes. He's at over 5000 HP and immune to her garbage, he should be able to tank her

I couldn't find you either but I'll keep trying. Something must be screwy on their end.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hamsystem posted:

Added myself to the list, could use some help with Pro level DF. I've almost gotten her a few times but no one on my friend's list is quite whale enough.

ID: 827 538 035
hamsystm

Have a 6* DF currently 82 and Noctis at 5* just waiting on mats.

Edit: Had my number wrong

Quoting this since I put the wrong number originally.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

MrLonghair posted:

Added! Remember to let my 5038 HP Noctis use Fish to draw her interest, he'll tank Dark Kiss and spare the rest of the crew. (or if you already have someone doing that, he can deliver decent damage with Point Warp)

e: Meanwhile, the next ten days of the Japanese version
TM Campaign
Each pull gives a moogle ranging from 3★ - 5★.
Only available on Dailies, FFBE Gacha, and Regular Gacha.

Chance of moogle that is

and the introduction of EX points which sound like HELLO WHALES please spend money here to get guaranteed new units

Thanks man! I got it done finally. The whip was a pretty big upgrade.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
How easy is it generally to get upgrade materials from these things? I have 4 units ready to awaken to 6.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'm trying to figure out if I should make room for Rain in my party. Right now I've got Noctis, DFina, CoD, Cecil, and Refia. I'm thinking I could probably sub him in for Refia for most stuff since I have a rez and curaja covered. I know my current party is plenty strong, but the min/maxer in me can't help but wonder.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

Yea I have the Muscle belt and fire rods.

What's the best way to tackle this Ariana thing? Run the 3 energy one over and over to infinity or does the 5 or 8 offer better spoils? Might as well try to get everything I can so she doesn't get stuck forever at 5*...she seems "decent"

Do the 13 NRG until you have all the music notes your need for her gear and then the beginning one for awakening mats.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I got all my main dudes (CoD, Cecil, Refia, Noctis, DFina) leveled, finished the current story, beat the first 3 trials, and got 2 hero rings cooking with one done and one being farmed. I'm not real sure what to do after that though. TM farm I guess? Level espers? I'm also working through the colosseum but I'm not gonna waste lapis on energy refills there.

Edit: Just pulled my first Zidane so TM farming it is.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 23, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I wouldn't be mad at a Ling for my arena team. My strategy of Distress+Fire Flask hasn't done me wrong yet and having another AOE status couldn't hurt.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

rabidsquid posted:

snows primary purpose is that he's one of the pieces of the voltron that is Busted Firion

What're the other pieces of this puzzle?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
They should add in the chance to pull any non-5* base unit with free summons at the same rate you can pull a rainbow with lapis/tickets now.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Finished up my first dual wield this morning, should have 2x dualcasts, an Excalibur, and a Sakurafubuki finished this week. I don't have a Chiz yet, but I do have a Hayate and 2 Gafgarrions. I'm not sure what to put in the other spots. I was thinking maybe Noctis and DFina? I don't have a Ramza either.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I just want Orlandu because he was my #1 headcrusher in FFT which is one of my favorite FF games.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Use Ling to spr break and one Ultima from DFina usually does it. Also, Ling is amazing. CoD gonna be benched for awhile.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Ling can also be a really good MP battery with her auto-refresh and chakra. She can also AOE inflict status ailments. Oh and she has entrust which really helps with Noctis's biggest "weakness", his slow rear end building LB. She's just so drat good.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Pulled my 12th Xiao today. With a ticket. Off the generic rare summon banner. (Hunting a Chiziru)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Nuebot posted:

:negative: even with three MAG+30%'s two hero rings and an omnirod my exdeath doesn't break 500 MAG.

Maybe a couple of earrings will get you there assuming you have the SQs for them.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Sorry, star quartz. Earrings get you 20% MAG per, they just cost 50 a piece.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
DFina also doesn't have firaga or bilzzaga which can be annoying sometimes.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
All those TMs are pretty solid. I wonder if the auto refresh of those rings stack.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Made the mistake of treating last boss exactly like 2-headed dragon trial and didn't use any abilities on him. Second time was way easier. Ling, Cecil, DC Refia, CoD, and 2 650ish attack Nocti did the trick.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Having Ling as a full time mana battery helped me a ton.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think the next set of TMs I'm gonna work on after the current set finish are gonna be to make the world's most annoying to fight Cecil. I'm thinking Ring of the Lucii, ribbon, dualcast, and 3 +30%hp. I'll pair him with some decent but not great unit as bait and make them my arena team.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

NinjaDebugger posted:

Skip the 30% HP and give him 3 (if you can) Melody of Life instead. +60% resist to all elements is hilarious.

I wish I could but I don't have any Garnets. Maybe by the time I get ready to start that farm though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
If you don't have a blade mastery what's the next best option? Viking axe?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

If you didn't have Luneth, Lightning, Noctis, Gilgamesh or Elza for physical damage, who is your next suitable choice(s)

Edit: let's exclude Cloud of Darkness, Yun, and Chizuru also

Cupid Artemois, Xiao, Mercedes. Guess it'll depend on your TMs.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Without TMRs Bartz is probably your best all around option since he has so much utility, for pure DPS probably Xiao. If you pull a Cupid Artemois he can hit 500+ atk with really easy to get gear.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'm doing 3 at a time right now (Rain, Xiao, Exdeath) just because they're all roughly the same level and that last boss can take a minute if you don't have a good companion to carry you. I figure it would take the same amount of runs regardless and there's safety in numbers.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Got a 547 mag D.Fina if anyone needs: 827 538 035

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Scrublord Prime posted:

I set my friend unit to my lv100 Luka and gave her the paralysis immunity ring, look for Buttz.

e: To be clear we're already friends so there won't be a friend request

Can I get your ID and get in on that action?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
So who is Leon's TM best for? I pulled him this morning but I don't think I have anyone that can really utilize it, at least not yet.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
No Greg. Maybe by the time I work through the TMs I want to finish first I'll get lucky.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Is the Gilgamesh trial coming with the update? I couldn't find a concrete answer about it anywhere?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
That Olive is certainly a unit I'd like to pull. :stare:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Counterpoint: http://imgur.com/a/81dGH

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Don't remember all my 11 pull but I finally got a WoL and then 2 more because why not.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Forgot I had a ticket, got a Shine for my efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is it true that TM macros aren't working right now?

Replace your old ones with the Japanese version. Supposedly they work fine.

• Locked thread