Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turnways
Jun 22, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

i decided to do four pulls to get to exactly 42 tickets and got three 4*s but the only one that was a base 4* was luka, who i don't mind having actually. having luka/refia/ling means i have basically all of the utility and healers i could ever want until riku comes out.

my 3* was guy! so thats okay.

edit: ^ the OP was deleted are you sure that guy isnt trolling

I watched the video before it got taken down; it's definitely official. Also Odin's coming on the 23rd, FFXIV raid in March, some QoL improvements to the UI (crafting tabs, can see amount of summon tickets on summon screen).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
PSA: Randi got enhancements on the JP side and currently shares the pedestal with Cup Noodles and Thunder God Cid on the tier list, 98 rating on Altema. Use Power Charge to make Slice Thrice hit 10 times with a 7x multiplier? :getin:

Mischalaniouse posted:

Seeing a list of them all, I didn't realize how many characters are base 4*. Like I had no idea Rosa and Garnet were base 4*.
There are a lot of really good base 3* and 4* units that can be upgraded to 6*, with a ton more 4* upgradable to 6* coming down the pipe. Realistically, count on these units instead of the base 5*. After a couple months of daily pulls, you should have most of the 3* units on the list and a couple of the 4* units.

Here, I made a list based on Exvius Wiki and Altema information. Global Exvius Wiki character ratings are multiplied by 7.5 to give an equivalent to the JP Altema character ratings (and it matches pretty well).

Note that any character rated below an 85 is going to need to be pumped by TM stuff to be relevant in content Elite level or higher, unless there's a gimmick in play like the Bartz/Ling MP battery combo or Edgar chainsaw meta. S-tier characters on the JP side are typically 5* base and 95+ rating (Noctis, Orlandeau, Onion Knight, etc). Better 4*/6* characters are generally considered A-tier and are passable for bleeding edge content. Medius and Cerius are the exceptions, in that their 6* forms are worse than some 5* characters (thanks for those awesome exclusives, DeNA...).

Also note that limited-time events were left off. This is based off of stuff that you can Gacha pull whenever.

We've also got an absolute ton of 4* upgradable to 6* characters coming in the next 8 months. Here's your power creep forecast:

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 17, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Ooh, time to save up for Setzer.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This only convinces me more how completely and utterly hosed FF9 characters are. If there's ever an event they'll have to fix nearly every character through 6* upgrades .

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
PSA: Dreadnought Elite... bring lots and lots of magic. Everything is physical resistant. My piddly 520 MAG Ace was outDPSing 900+ ATK chocobo of doom, who was was barely making a dent.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I think I broke the Gacha... here's my daily + tickets for today:

Daily: Ludmille #4
4* Maria
Vivi
4* Leon
4* Leon
4* Chizuru #2
Guy
Firion (first one!)
Guy #2
Ludmille #5
4* Alma (#3)
Guy #3
4* Garnet
Firion #2
4* Mercedes #3
Edge
Guy #4

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Trying to decide if I want to drop the lapis on that Emperor package. Drops me to 700 lapis total though.

Potentially fleshed out 3 characters...

hagie fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 17, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Varance posted:

PSA: Randi got enhancements on the JP side and currently shares the pedestal with Cup Noodles and Thunder God Cid on the tier list, 98 rating on Altema. Use Power Charge to make Slice Thrice hit 10 times with a 7x multiplier? :getin:

There are a lot of really good base 3* and 4* units that can be upgraded to 6*, with a ton more 4* upgradable to 6* coming down the pipe. Realistically, count on these units instead of the base 5*. After a couple months of daily pulls, you should have most of the 3* units on the list and a couple of the 4* units.

Here, I made a list based on Exvius Wiki and Altema information. Global Exvius Wiki character ratings are multiplied by 7.5 to give an equivalent to the JP Altema character ratings (and it matches pretty well).

Note that any character rated below an 85 is going to need to be pumped by TM stuff to be relevant in content Elite level or higher, unless there's a gimmick in play like the Bartz/Ling MP battery combo or Edgar chainsaw meta. S-tier characters on the JP side are typically 5* base and 95+ rating (Noctis, Orlandeau, Onion Knight, etc). Better 4*/6* characters are generally considered A-tier and are passable for bleeding edge content. Medius and Cerius are the exceptions, in that their 6* forms are worse than some 5* characters (thanks for those awesome exclusives, DeNA...).

Also note that limited-time events were left off. This is based off of stuff that you can Gacha pull whenever.

We've also got an absolute ton of 4* upgradable to 6* characters coming in the next 8 months. Here's your power creep forecast:

I'll add that to the OP.

While pulling for Leon with some tickets I got a Ramza, my 2nd base 5. Not the best base 5 but his TM is very usable so onto the TM team he goes. Time to keep pulling:

Daily: Alma
Kain
4* Luna
Guy
Firion
Faris
Alma
Fang
Jack
5* Ramza
Firion
Celes
Faris
Elle
Kuja

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 17, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

what kind of hecked up company would release olan and not make him the best unit in the game

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Welp, got angry and did an 11 pull when I got nothing but fusion trash from my small stock of tickets. I uh... I found all those rainbows I didn't get when I blew my wad on Randi, and in them were the Emperor and a third Lightning.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its very likely ive pulled 400+ times and only had a single rainbow, which was rakshasha

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The ELT boss is a pile of hey people who have no problem getting ELT events finished, congrats, here's more rewards for you and only you

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Yeah what am I missing on the ELT boss? Is it just a super long fight?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CyberLord XP posted:

It is very long and very strong and if you cannot tank the summons that you can only blind, you're done for, and I'm told it's easier if you got Fina :argh:

e: checking youtube, guy with significantly better gear and shitloads of TMs took 27 minutes to beat that boss. I'd rather grind 30k event currency.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 17, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

It's hard, but not impossible. At least one person did a proof of concept beating it with no 5 star bases and only one TM (dualcast on Refia), and it's probably doable without even that, just difficult.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's hard, but not impossible. At least one person did a proof of concept beating it with no 5 star bases and only one TM (dualcast on Refia), and it's probably doable without even that, just difficult.

Because refia is almost immortal. I would have done it eventually too if my healer didn't get murdered. The one time cecil didn't block, she kicks it and then it was down hill from there. Otherwise it would have been a slow match of chipping that rear end in a top hat to death. I don't think I'm going to bother trying again unless they reveal a secret treasure chest though, I don't feel like fighting a boss for an hour or two.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Because refia is almost immortal. I would have done it eventually too if my healer didn't get murdered. The one time cecil didn't block, she kicks it and then it was down hill from there. Otherwise it would have been a slow match of chipping that rear end in a top hat to death. I don't think I'm going to bother trying again unless they reveal a secret treasure chest though, I don't feel like fighting a boss for an hour or two.

Who's your healer?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

NinjaDebugger posted:

Who's your healer?

Luka. I pulled a Refia a while back and just finished getting her levelled up, I'll probably swap between her and Luka as I see fit once I get a double cast up and ready. I'm pretty sure it was the boss' armor breaks that killed her. It's hard to tell who was casting what because there's like six dudes on the field attacking at the same time and the words all scroll by too fast, but all the minions were blinded and only doing like 200 damage per occasional hit, then just out of nowhere she got hit and died.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The last time Gumi did a players choice banner, we got Lightning the next banner...use your tickets wisely.

And after that banner, I'm sure we'll get the patch that fixes rainbow/gold troll pulls...

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 17, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

The last time Gumi did a players choice banner, we got Lightning the next banner...use your tickets wisely.

Don't be silly. This new Choice banner is what we're getting instead of Orlandu, not before him. :v:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Buckled down and beat ELT but how anyone who's not a a super whale beat it without white magic is beyond me.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Bartz and Dualcast Refia (and friend Noctus) again make ELT a one-and-done. Long fight though.

There was no chance of getting the "No White Magic" reward - f that noise. I was doing ok for the first few rounds, then the Captain summoned a full load of 4 Sergeants and I started immediately dual-casting Curaja.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
15 pulls later, 0 banner units. Classic :gumi:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I decided "Hey, I'lll do ELT on the way home".
It took my whole commute. What the hell were they thinking making a single boss take as long as the entire March of the Beasts?

My team was CoD, Cecil, ExDeath, Gilgamesh, Refia and friend Noctis. It was...suboptimal. Managed to get No White Magic but CoD died last turn.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Voodoo posted:

Bartz and Dualcast Refia (and friend Noctus) again make ELT a one-and-done. Long fight though.

There was no chance of getting the "No White Magic" reward - f that noise. I was doing ok for the first few rounds, then the Captain summoned a full load of 4 Sergeants and I started immediately dual-casting Curaja.

You can do it if you had tilith and she had her 6* out already. Her spells are abilities.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Anyone have a max level ability-based healer they wouldn't mind sharing for this event? I currently have a 598 MAG Exdeath up.

411 249 974

IGN: okeydoke

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What are people using to get by the bombs on the ELT boss?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Beat the ELT dungeon. What a loving terrible grind. Didn't even bother going for the "No White Magic" part. Unlike Trials of Love ELT it never felt dangerous, just extremely tedious.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Anyone have a max level ability-based healer they wouldn't mind sharing for this event? I currently have a 598 MAG Exdeath up.

411 249 974

IGN: okeydoke

I set my friend unit to my lv100 Luka and gave her the paralysis immunity ring, look for Buttz.

e: To be clear we're already friends so there won't be a friend request

e2: 479,088,281 for anybody else who could use a Luka

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 17, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Got a 547 mag D.Fina if anyone needs: 827 538 035

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Scrublord Prime posted:

I set my friend unit to my lv100 Luka and gave her the paralysis immunity ring, look for Buttz.

e: To be clear we're already friends so there won't be a friend request

Can I get your ID and get in on that action?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Whoops, that would've been good to post! 479,088,281 (I just sent you a friend request too so look for your good pal Buttz)

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

KDdidit posted:

What are people using to get by the bombs on the ELT boss?

Unlike every other bomb enemy in the game, Mines appear to be weak to fire and lightning, according to the wiki. I tried to Blizzaga chain them the first few times and it didn't end well.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

AegisP posted:

Oof, I felt that 5* Fang pull in my soul. Last three have been troll rainbows. Least they're getting out of the way before Orlandu.

3 posts later...

Oh christ that hurts to read. I feel for you, but I'm probably done pulling until these changes are in.

Edit: Regarding the Event:

15% HP completely not worth it. Probably the grindiest boss yet, but a straightforward tank and spank if you can heal.

ACE is now up as a friend instead of CoD. Despite Wild Card returning *Physical Resist* every hit, it's still putting on 40k or more per round, and he dodges physical attacks with it.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 17, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You guys are crazy if you think Gumi is putting that patch out before Orlandu.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Whoo, got Leon on my half-price pull. He'll boost my Luneth nicely.

Now to continue saving my lapis and tickets forever.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

You guys are crazy if you think Gumi is putting that patch out before Orlandu.

Be realistic. How lovely would it look for them to do it directly AFTER the Orlandu banner? Even Gumi doesn't want that PR.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Captaindirtnap posted:

Be realistic. How lovely would it look for them to do it directly AFTER the Orlandu banner? Even Gumi doesn't want that PR.

This post is worth out of a possible five.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Excellent news on the gatcha update. Looks like I can finally use these tickets for some summons. I haven't done anything besides the standard friend point summon since getting Noctis for Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

This post is worth out of a possible five.

They already announced it will be happening a week from now, so yes, it will be before Orlandu.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ul9eg/because_the_op_deleted_it_new_gacha_system_free/

quote:

TL;DR: Brave Exvius 2.0 drops on February 23rd.

• Locked thread