Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Mental-Rectangle posted:

I pretty much agree with this.

NC over the past four years is a sandbox for what the entire country will be like for the next four. People are not grasping the amount of power they have just handed the Republicans. This isn't merely a 'bad year' that democrats can bounce back from. They are a minor party now. This is a one party country now. This is Russia now. We now have a party in control that can win elections at all levels of government without a majority, and it will continue to gain legal tools to increase its power over time. What the people who voted 3rd party or stayed home have done is basically locked us down a path of permanent one party rule under a very lovely party until a great depression hits and a big enough blue wave happens for us to change stuff. Some people talk about this idea "oh there will be a crash and then we'll win" plan very lightly. You have to live through a depression. That means having to stay alive for three years while you wait for the next election, and then things still won't get fixed for another 8 years. It's not pretty.

Thanks Hillary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Phone posted:

Kind of relevant... yesterday on the way home from the track, local police officers blocked the road off and a state trooper pulled over a car. Both of the cops had their guns pulled and they successfully arrested two guys.

Did a search... and it came back with this: http://myfox8.com/2016/12/03/2-men-arrested-after-man-stabbed-at-kkk-meeting-at-nc-home/

e: i'm not sure due to the timing

link dead so what

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

aren't they just going to re-pass the anti discrimination ordnance now?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Bodyholes posted:

Democrats got skunked really hard in the rustbelt this year. How much of that was simply a failure at the top-ticket?

A lot. Ticket splitting is increasingly rare. The top of the ticket drags the downticket up and down.

• Locked thread