Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i know the ga leadership has said they're not interested in convening a session to install mayor mccheese, but of course they can't be trusted

I don't think they've actually said this. Moore said it's too early to comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

At least the recount isn't unexpected. That was going to happen no matter what, as long as it was within 10,000 votes.

The more I think about this situation, the more I'm of two minds on it. On one hand, the legislature has a supermajority so it's not like they have to worry about a lot of stuff getting vetoed, they don't really seem to like McCrory anyway, and it would use up a ton of political capital. On the other hand, I'm fundamentally beginning to question whether political capital is a relevant concept anymore for the legislature, since they went through the HB2 stuff and lost no net seats.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I would argue that while Morgan beating Edmunds is good, it doesn't actually mean anything because his name was listed first on the ballot. The governor's party is listed first for every partisan race, but the Supreme Court is "nonpartisan" so it was random order and Morgan got listed on top. It appears that in many areas, people just went down the list filling in the top bubble.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I think a lot of people just really fuckin' hate Pat McCrory

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

The depressing thing is that the GA is actually behind 95% of this stuff, so make sure your friends and family get out and vote in the 2017 special election.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

FEMA Director.

He's only comfortable when wearing an emergency management jumpsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Cooper's not the governor yet tho??????

• Locked thread