Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Icon:
Name: Os-Ten-Ma-Hath
Portfolio: Keeping
Action: Harden the comets against the ravages of the Dark. 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Icon:

Name: Xe-War

Portfolio: Patterns

Action: Xe-War, with new found confidence, places itself into the work of others. Its attention drawn by Yoht-Ket's divine work, links them directly to the stars under which they are created. Souls and stars will burn with the same colors, and beat with the same rhythms. Link Souls to Stars = 2

(If responding to other actions in the same turn isn't cool, I'll absolutely do something else with the roll.)

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I like this universe.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Icon:

Name: Et

Portfolio: Approaching Energy

Action: Emboldened and empowered by his theft of power, Et sought to make the best use of his newfound strength. Finding the idea of Mass curious, he created the Energy of Approaching, Gravity, in order to ease the attraction of the disparate forms of Mass into cohesive wholes.

Roll: http://orokos.com/roll/461451 =6

Edit: Actually looked at the others rolls. Did I just eat another god?

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 2, 2016

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Icon:

Name: Uz

Portfolio: Spiral

Action: Uz seeing the great pathways between the suns, decided to arrange these paths ways into spirals, so that there might be more order to the multiverse. 1d6+1: 2. A natural 1.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Icon

Name: Johj

Portfolio: Heat and Darkness

Action: And thus is the tale of Johj written. It is one of want, but without the knowledge of what it wants only that it hungers for it. It sees it's elder within the darkness and without knowing why, strips it of it's power and banishes it into the dark. Now it wears this mantle of heat and doesn't know why it took it or what it intended to do with it.

From it's icy deposition, it projects outward. The intense heat that burns at the edge of it's darkness it feels is one of chaos and from such chaos there will maybe be what it desires. From it's new found power it shall bring the stability of the cold to this chaotic multiverse.

Johj begins to cool the multiverse down to a stable state. 1d12+1 = 11

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 1, 2016

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Birthday Oral posted:

Additionally, it doesn’t Branch which means Rahn never actually comes to be! In the future, only submit Archons after an update that calls for them, not after someone else’s post. This isn’t your bad, it’s just not something I thought out properly before!

Dude, I did exactly this. I submitted the character after your previous update which said there's a new archon created. Rahn was born in the same turn as Johj:

Birthday Oral posted:

Yoht and Et create Stars, collected points of Heat and Energy that bellow out their power into the void around them with a sort of controlled madness. In so doing, they both Branch - Yoht’s roll to d12, and a new d4 Archon is created. Et’s roll remains d4 (this will not decrease unless you Divide), but a new d2 Archon is created. The latter Archon is a small and fragile thing - should it roll a 1, it will wink out of existence, but if it rolls a 2 it will advance to a d4.

There were in total 4 new Archons created in the previous update:
- Yoht branched (Rahn)
- Et branched (unclaimed)
- Os-Ten divided (Johj)
- Xe divided (Kes)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

ShadowGlass posted:

Dude, I did exactly this. I submitted the character after your previous update which said there's a new archon created. Rahn was born in the same turn as Johj:

There were in total 4 new Archons created in the previous update:
- Yoht branched (Rahn)
- Et branched (unclaimed)
- Os-Ten divided (Johj)
- Xe divided (Kes)

You're absolutely right, I confused myself! That's what I get for posting half paying attention in class! :shobon: I'll update the last part accordingly!

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Birthday Oral posted:

You're absolutely right, I confused myself! That's what I get for posting half paying attention in class! :shobon: I'll update the last part accordingly!

No problemo. :) I crit failed anyway, so probably not much of an impact.

Btw, what's happening to Archons that nobody claims right away? Et's branch (D2) from the previous update for example. Are they just sleeping until somebody claims them? In that case that's still up for grabs.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

ShadowGlass posted:

No problemo. :) I crit failed anyway, so probably not much of an impact.

Btw, what's happening to Archons that nobody claims right away? Et's branch (D2) from the previous update for example. Are they just sleeping until somebody claims them? In that case that's still up for grabs.

Updated the update to reflect Rahn's efforts, and also correctly added the list of available Archons! And yeah, until they're claimed they're dormant. So yeah, there's two d2 Archons sitting around.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Icon:

Name: Knar

Portfolio: Sunpaths

Action: Shorten all sunpaths to allow for near-instantaneous travel. 2!

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Edit: Nevermind! I was LIED to! Theres no spot open here!

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 2, 2016

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Birthday Oral posted:

Updated the update to reflect Rahn's efforts, and also correctly added the list of available Archons! And yeah, until they're claimed they're dormant. So yeah, there's two d2 Archons sitting around.

Actually I think I was confused there too. Ahm was supposed to be the D2 branch of Et? So it might not be open after all.
I made a diagram, to help sort it out:

The width of the bar shows the Archons relative power / dice. Dashed lines are branches, dotted lines are divisions or change caused by getting overwhelmed by another Archon.
If someone wants different background colors for their power bar, let me know. I can adjust it easily.

ShadowGlass fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 2, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

ShadowGlass posted:

Actually I think I was confused there too. Ahm was supposed to be the D2 branch of Et? So it might not be open after all.
I made a diagram, to help sort it out:

The with of the bar shows the Archons relative power / dice. Dashed lines are branches, dotted lines are divisions or change caused by getting overwhelmed by another Archon.
If someone wants different background colors for their power bar, let me know. I can adjust it easily.

That's amazing, yo. Please keep that updated because that is by far the easiest way to figure poo poo out visually! Also, based on that we do only have one slot open!

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Icon:

Name: Rahnat

Portfolio: Light

Action: Give Embers the ability to emit their own light when they're well fed. Rahnat calls this ability Brightening (Rahnat is not very good with names). This should protect them on the darkest and most dangerous parts of their travel. It should last long enough for a few trips between neighboring stars, but after that they'll need to feed from the Stars again to replenish their energy. A Bright Ember can also protect nearby other Embers from the Darkness, so it's safer and more efficient for then to travel in groups. Since light is vibrating and chaotic, the same is true for Brightening.

Giving the embers Brightening ability: 1
Blargh..

Question: What happens to the Portfolio of dead gods? Maybe they could pass it on to their parents?

Barbed Tongues posted:

(If responding to other actions in the same turn isn't cool, I'll absolutely do something else with the roll.)
This might give the incentive to wait for others to post first, which is usually not a good thing for forum games.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

As long as you're responding to actions of Archons that have higher dice than you it should still work out, since that's the order I write actions down. As for dead Archon bits, for now lets just say that it reopens those Portfolios for use. That might change down the line, but I'm fine with that for now.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Edit: Actually looked at the others rolls. Did I just eat another god?
No, you can only steal dice from larger gods. The only one with larger dice than you is Johj, and he rolled very well this turn.

Birthday Oral posted:

That's amazing, yo. Please keep that updated because that is by far the easiest way to figure poo poo out visually! Also, based on that we do only have one slot open!
Sure thing. I have'll some time to work on this soon actually, if you can spoiler me some results for the next turn.
What I'm not sure about is if Uz will branch or divide. Does his +1 save him from crit fail or not?
Would a d6 branching be d4+d2 or d6+d2? A d6 division I assume would be d4+d4, but it's crit fail, so I think it should be worse than the branching (that's why I think maybe the branching is d6+d2).
It's also not clear what's the rule for getting a +1.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

ShadowGlass posted:

Sure thing. I have'll some time to work on this soon actually, if you can spoiler me some results for the next turn.
What I'm not sure about is if Uz will branch or divide. Does his +1 save him from crit fail or not?
Would a d6 branching be d4+d2 or d6+d2? A d6 division I assume would be d4+d4, but it's crit fail, so I think it should be worse than the branching (that's why I think maybe the branching is d6+d2).
It's also not clear what's the rule for getting a +1.
Uz will Branch because he can only drop to 2, critfail or not.
d6 Branches into d4 + d2, d6 Divides into d4+d4.
People SHOULD be getting a +1 every time they succeed a roll. If there's an instance where that hasn't happened... oops!

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Birthday Oral posted:

Uz will Branch because he can only drop to 2, critfail or not.
Actually Os-Ten-Ma-Hath rolled a d4=3, so I assume that's a swap. At least that's what I went with.

Birthday Oral posted:

People SHOULD be getting a +1 every time they succeed a roll. If there's an instance where that hasn't happened... oops!
Yep, it looks ok, I just didn't realize success was so rare before this turn.

Here's the new version. Green arrow means success, green border means +1 for that round.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Still alive - got held up with my other two CYOAs and then with life stuff! Update tomorrow!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Johj had grown massive and powerful with his stolen flicker of Heat, but it couldn’t stop there. It inverted Heat, extended its reach over the polycosmos, and clamped down hard on the fires of life and chaos. Countless trillions of stars cooled suddenly, their light strobing out wildly into their systems. Embers and Maki perished in the void, frozen suddenly in their tracks. Even the spiraling, interlocking orbits of matter slowed measurably. Johj watched all this and was pleased - in the blink of a godly eye, all of creation had grown darker and slower and colder. Yes, perfect.

Johj cools the multiverse, bringing things to a more manageable state. It is pleased, and gains a +1 to its next roll. Note that doesn’t stack with its +1 last turn - it just gets +1 next turn, too!

Et used this new Gravity to grip the larger chunks of matter and cascade them into other chunks, disrupting the beauty of the spirals and enraging the Maki. Then, it simply watched. Over long eons, the Maki and natural processes smoothed out the agglomerations, shaping them into large spherical masses (though much smaller than the Suns). Et called these Planets, and was pleased. The Maki changed further, subdividing their roles until they split into two groups - the Interstellar Maki, which coralled the loose spiral matter like their ancestors, and the Planetary Maki, which concerned themselves with the beauty of the planets themselves.

Et continues a process begun by Os-Ten-Ma - amusingly the Archon from which is stole a Portfolio - and creates Planets! In addition, it causes a mutation in the Maki. It is pleased, and gains a +1 to its next roll. Note that doesn’t stack with its +1 last turn - it just gets +1 next turn, too!

Uz considered the Sunpaths, ‘straight’ lines between the Stars of different universes, and found them wanting. The direct lanes taken by the Sunpaths were altogether untidy and at odds with the beauty of the Spiral, and so it began to twist them, braiding them into a tidier pattern - but then the threads began to fray, and they spiralled out of control! Some paths made their way to incorrect Stars in parallel universes, some led to multiple destinations - and some led nowhere at all. Uz was displeased, and was even moreso when Os-Ten-Ma-Hath’s power stripped some of its own away.

OTMH paid it little mind, so focused was it in its own great work. The matter of Comets was upsetting it, the inevitability of their dissolution reminding it uncomfortably of its own slow disintegration. With a flicker of will, OTMH changed their fate: while the void between Stars remained harmful to Comets, those lucky enough to survive for a time in the void found themselves changing, turning hard and impervious and sharp. Though rare, Void Comets were among the hardest of materials in the multiverse.

Uz fails to create spiraling Sunpaths and instead scrambles their destinations. In addition, Os-Ten-Ma-Hath creates a means for Comets to become hardened out in the Void. Its power was such when it performed this task that it has Overwhelmed Uz, stealing from it the Spirals portfolio and the d6 roll! OTMH does not need to change anything apart from its roll and the addition to its portfolio - its Icon remains the same - and in addition gains a +1 to next roll. Uz, on the other hand, must choose a different portfolio (something related but lesser, ideally), add a syllable to their name, and modify their Icon slightly, and now rolls a 1d4.

Yoht-Ket, much weakened, limped out of the darkness with a new Portfolio. In its travels, it had encountered many Embers and Maki, going about their alloted time with the purposes granted to them by the Archons, not really aware of the world around them. This was displeasing, so Yoht-Ket kindled something within them, something like Heat but lesser, more diffuse - and yet immeasurably valuable in its own right. Across the multiverse, Embers and Maki halted in their labours and asked ‘Why?’ before continuing along their paths. The road to wakefulness was a long one yet, but the first steps had been taken. Alas, the effort was too much, and Yoht-Ket crumbled just a little bit more.

Xe-War, drawn in by the fallen Archon’s great works, was inspired to exert its Pattern over souls and Stars. The fledgling souls were at once attuned to the Stars which their vessels orbitted, tying them ineffably to the area. The Planetary Maki were greatly strengthened by their proximity to their Stars, while the Interstellar Maki wasted away, their travels taking them far from their ‘home’ systems. And yet, their travels allowed them to encounter those with different souls from different Stars, and this too was a source of strength. The Embers too were affected, being creatures closer to Stars than most - their souls shone brighter than any others, but they could not abide being apart from a Star, though Sunpaths remained passable. The effort from this broke Xe-War in two, but it was good nonetheless.

Yoht-Ket creates the first glimmers of Souls in all living beings. Xe-War contributes by linking souls to Stars, causing them to burn with the same colours and beat with the same rhythms. In so doing,they Branch - Yoht-Ket’s roll becomes d4, and a new d2 Archon is created, and Xe-War creates two seperate d2

Knar watches the Sunpaths, the manifestation of its Portfolio, and decides they must be improved. Despite its relative weakness, it manages to draw the Sunpaths inwards, decreasing the ‘space’ between universes along those routes. It surges in energy, growing stronger from the success of its action. Dimly, it hears the Embers calling out with unfocused gratitude.

Knar shortens the Sunpaths - they’re still unsafe, but the time spent on them is lesser.. In so doing it stabilizes itself, rising to a d4 roll. Nothing else changes, but you don’t die, so well done!

Rahnat extends its fledgling power over the Embers in their travels, hoping to grant them a boon. It collapses into itself, inverting the effect: when Embers are poorly fed, they begin to Darken. Darkened Embers are shunned and cast away from the group, since their darkness can attract further Darkness and harm the whole party. Due partially to this, the Embers grow more solitary than before.

Rahnat fails in its attempt, causing Embers to become more solitary for fear of infecting the others with Darkness. In so doing, it perishes.

---
Two Archon Spots Currently Empty - Yoht-Ket-born (d2) and Xe-War-born (d2)!

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Icon:
Name: Os-Ten-Ma-Hath
Portfolio: Keeping, Spirals
Action: Make the Void Comets a safe home for Darkened Embers. 6

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Yoht-Ket-born:

Icon:
Name: Wel
Portfolio: Spring
Action: In areas with great Gravity, Pressure and Heat create new elements with valuable properties. Rare Element Springs: 1d2 2

e: a word

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 6, 2016

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Icon:

Name: Uz-Uz

Portfolio: Entwining

Action: Uz-Uz recoiled from the shock of it's power being stolen away. Along with the precious domain of spirals. But the great work must be continued. Uz-Uz looked upon his people, the Maki and saw the new souls burning within them. He also some many perish by traveling to far away from their star. There population would soon begin to dwindle if nothing was done. So he blessed the Maki with the ability to reproduce by two of them entwining their bodies together and then giving birth to a new generation of Maki.

Give the Maki the ability to reproduce 1d4: 4

Obscil fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 7, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Icon:

Name: Yoht-Ket

Portfolio: Souls

Action: The dimming of the Embers was a sad affair, even though their souls still pulsed and glowed with the light of suns. Perhaps the dimming could be useful. Souls should be indestructible things. Their light should shine on even if their mortal shell fails and grows dim.

The souls would exist in the liminal stuff of the Sunpaths, returning to the star of their birth to be reborn again as Ember or Maki to live life anew. The souls of the living could touch and spark new life, a new soul and thus the multiverse will fill with souls and life in time and even if all falls to the cold, a single soul could spark a wildfire.

Yoht-Ket reached out to the nearest darkens Embers and breathed change into their hearts with what little power remained in his hands. Perhaps he could spark the fire back into their souls and spread the light back to their brothers and the Maki.

Make souls immortal and indestructible 1d4: 4

http://orokos.com/roll/463352

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Xe-War born:

Icon:
Name: Urk
Portfolio: Inversion
Action: The shunned Dark Embers become opposites to the original Embers in every way: They can feed on the Void instead of the Stars, and they are harmed by light instead of darkness. They retreat into the deepest parts of the Void, nurturing their hatred for those who shunned them, waiting for revenge.
Changing the Dark Embers into Void Embers:1

ShadowGlass fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 7, 2016

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Icon:

Name: Xe-War

Portfolio: Patterns

Action: Create Hereditary Blending: 1d4 = 3

Xe-War continued to look at the designs of souls. With the sunpaths and migratory patterns emerging, new souls needed a connection to their origins. Should a soul be created by an existing life form, the color of its creator would be merged with the color of its new home star. New and unique patterns and colors would thus emerge from those souls that sought new homes to procreate.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Icon:

Name: Et

Portfolio: Approaching Energy

Action: Give the Embers a Purpose: To maintain the Sunpaths; And to give them the power necessary to do so. Roll = 1d6+1 = 7!

Et, pleased with his work on Gravity, turned back to his creation, the Sunpaths, and was saddened. They were shorter, more dangerous and often nonsensical. Nothing like their original, pure incarnation. But perhaps that was how it had to be. Even so, as he observed a group of Embers become lost on a Dead Sunpath, he knew something must be done, but he felt a spark. Why do it himself, when he could imbue those who would most benefit with the ability to do it themselves? Using the newfound spark of soul within them, Et imbued the Embers as a collective with the power to manipulate the Sunpaths directly. Not to the extent that He could, but enough that they could make them safer for their own uses. He did not give this freely, and his cost of the Embers was to imbue them with a Purpose: To maintain the Sunpaths to the best of their ability, for all time.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Uh, woops, I closed it! Fixed.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I was worried for a bit!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm a little worried anyways, did this game just not attract enough attention? Shame.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm a little worried anyways, did this game just not attract enough attention? Shame.

Hi, still around! I will update this (and my other several CYOAs!) this weekend. Done classes, but still had one essay left, which has turned out to be significantly more of a stressor than intended. I'm basically staying up until it's finished, then writing updates. My schedule is so messed up I actually thought it was the weekend until I read this post!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Icon

Name: Johj

Portfolio: Heat and Darkness

Action: The cooling of the universe had the desired effect, but it still felt like something was missing. It feels in it's presence the fires of the embers that it had snuffed out thoughtlessly. But these ones seemed. different somehow. For what ever reason, it decided to give these outcasts a benison. It extended it's power outwards

1d12+1 = 10 - Johj grants the Darkened Embers safe and unmolested passage through his domain. It's only fair.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Birthday Oral posted:

Hi, still around! I will update this (and my other several CYOAs!) this weekend. Done classes, but still had one essay left, which has turned out to be significantly more of a stressor than intended. I'm basically staying up until it's finished, then writing updates. My schedule is so messed up I actually thought it was the weekend until I read this post!

The problem ain't so much you, BO, as much as it is that we don't actually currently have enough players for all the possible archons. We still need another 2 posts from people right now.

Edit: Actually I miscounted because I forgot one of the d2's died. We're actually only missing one person now. Knar needs to post, basically.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Icon:

Name: Knar

Portfolio: Sunpaths

Action: Travel was now swifter, and this was good. But could travel be mastered at the whim and will of the traveller? Let's see if those using the Sunpaths could alter their destination to where they wish with a thought. 3!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

The problem ain't so much you, BO, as much as it is that we don't actually currently have enough players for all the possible archons. We still need another 2 posts from people right now.

Edit: Actually I miscounted because I forgot one of the d2's died. We're actually only missing one person now. Knar needs to post, basically.

Worst case I'll just keep going and leave them dormant somewhere!

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Pretty simple round. Everyone was successful, except me. :geno:

Infinity Gaia posted:

Btw, based on the way the rules are set up currently, sooner or later all gods will be decreased to D4s (and D2s), and they will multitply infinitely.

I'm not sure about BO's intentions, but I assume he'd prefer if the gods would die out sometime far in the future. This won't happen with this setup. They'll just keep spawning more and more. However a simple change would do it:
- Remove the D2's ability to auto-promote to D4. They can only get promoted by swapping with a D4=1
- Of course the D2s who are successful, but can't swap should not get a +1, because that would mean auto-success forever for them
- Possible alternative: Give successful D2s who cant swap +0.5 instead. 1.5 would mean you still fail, but don't die. 2.5 would mean you can swap with a d4=2 as well. It'd still be a huge boost, but not auto-success.
This way the D4s numbers can't increase (if there are no longer any larger gods), and sooner or later they'll all roll a 1 (because of the +1 on success, this could still take a loooong time).
This doesn't need to be an immediate change, but if you want the gods to die out it should happen sometime (maybe a cataclysm etc.). It'd probably take many turns even after this.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Archons crowded around the Darkened Embers - fragile, sickly things writhing through the dark. Johj, feeling a twinge of something approaching remorse, passed its will over and through them, blessing them with the capability to travel the lightless void without further ill effects. Almost immediately they scattered away from the Stars, taking refuge from the light and quarantining themselves away from their lighter cousins. Strangely, they thrived in the dark, though the Sunpaths became anathema to them - though each universe spun Darkened Embers away from the multiversal stock, they were as trapped in their home universe as were the Maki.

Os-Ten-Ma-Hath saw a kinship between the Darkened and the hard, bitter Void Comets travelling the black at speeds unimaginable. It spiraled them together with the force of Gravity and introduced them to one another. Across a million, trillion universes, Void Comets became mobile nests of Darkened Embers. Within their confines, carefully and painstakingly excavated away, the Darkened found a blackness even deeper than the void - no light could penetrate its surface. They found solace in these palaces, huddled together in the dark.

Urk touched the Darkened as well, its corrupting touch attempting to turn them inside-out and make of them a dark race of hatred and madness. Instead, it burst into nothingness, and the Darkened began to yearn for the light once more. Unwilling to harm their beloved cousins, they instead sent the Void Comets on long, looping paths between Stars - they simply could not bear to be away from the light forever!

Johj and OTMH work together to shape the Darkened Embers into something more capable of surviving the void. They succeed - despite the counter-effort of Urk - and stabilize them into a whole parallel society. Johj and OTMH are pleased and gain +1 to their next roll. Urk, on the other hand, perishes.

The other Embers attracted their fair share of Archons, all eager to help the wondrous travelers of the Stars. Et granted them a holy purpose: much as the Maki were stewards of matter and planets, the Embers were granted dominion over the Sunpaths. They could travel then, repair them, live within them and even - with Knar’s blessing - redirect them, giving them unparalleled mobility even monouniversally.. In time, it also further distracted them from their Darkened kin, who couldn't begin to imagine the wonders the others witnessed daily.

One such wonder were the blazing motes of light floating into the Sunpaths like flecks of gold, dancing and whittling to their own strange rhythm. These the Embers revered above all, for the Souls were the doing of Yoht-Ket, their fallen creator. Souls were - and retroactively always had been - the foundational stuff off the Sunpaths, and they moved in response to the fast and fitful lives of their owners up in realspace. They could not be harmed or interacted with, even by the Embers, but they had no desire to do so. It was enough that they were beautiful.

Et and Knar work together to grant the Embers total dominion over the Sunpaths - and Yoht-Ket fills that liminal space with the souls of the Stars and creatures 'above’. The Embers are filled with an appreciation of the beauty of souls. All three Archons are pleased, gaining +1 to their next roll.

The Maki had grown deathly attached to matter - they ate of it, excreted it, and when they perished they returned to it. Concerned about their vulnerability, Uz-Uz granted them another way to make use of it - the first child of the Maki was born shortly after, sending ripples of confusion through their fledgling societies. Where before they had sprung fully formed from spiral energy, the cooling of the universes had slowed that to a trickle. Thanks to Entwining, the Maki had a means of staving off extinction.

But there was more. As their numbers grew, Xe-War spoke to them, sending some to undertake perilous journeys through interstellar space to find new Stars and strange Maki living there. In their excitement, they Entwined, creating children whose souls shone beautifully with the light of two Stars. Many Maki loved their hybrid progeny - but not all. Along with infants came infanticide…

Uz-Uz brings Maki children to the universes, and Xe-War grants them the ability to cross-breed between populations. Sadly, not all Maki are enthused about the hybrid children. Still, both Uz-Uz and Xe-War are pleased and gain +1 to their next roll.

Alone, Wel travelled the multiversal vastness, seeding it with strange elements and anomalies. Before long, groups of Darkened Embers began to encounter these springs in the void. They gathered the elements as best they could and shared them with each other - and, when they could be certain not to harm them, their cousins. The Maki lusted after these exotic materia above all else, but the Embers - both varieties - held themselves above those lesser creatures.

Wel introduces scarcity and rarity to the multiverse. Already, this is causing some minor turmoil. In so doing it stabilizes itself, rising to a d4 roll.

---
Dang, sorry for the delay. I will definitely not flake out on this or any of my other games, so stick around and I'll keep posting. As for the endgame of the infinitely dividing Archons, we'll let it go for another round and I'll shake things up.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 13, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Icon:

Name: Yoht-Ket

Portfolio: Souls

Action: The glowing souls danced along the sunpaths, reflecting and shining the light of creation through themselves. It was good. Though brought low, the heart of Yoht-Ket was warmed with the joy of the Embers, but there was still more to do and precious little energy. Some Maki souls incarnated and returned to their sun too soon. Accidents and fate catch us all but too many were taken too soon. The Maki had become detached from their souls, blocking out the light from within with matters of, well, matter. They needed a guiding hand to turn them back to the light.

Give the Maki a conscience, guiding light of the soul 1d4+1: 2

But it seems they had hardened their hearts.

http://orokos.com/roll/463352

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Icon:
Name: Wel
Portfolio: Spring
Action: In specific regions of the planets where the rare materia can be found, Embers (both light and dark) are capable of viewing and communicating with the Maki who reside there. Fonts of Ember Knowledge: 1d4 1

• Locked thread