Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If you're reading this, happy december! I hope you're having a good day!!

The year's been pretty bad but let's hope that December can bring us a bit of end-of-year joy :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, I heard Wonderful Christmastime on the radio earlier.

it begins

frickin strongly dislike that song

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember this time last year I was super excited about river city ransom underground having been announced for a january release

:\

Maybe next january?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZzg2aihaM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCHPJzUzuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khEzmN_Ok90

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I'll play that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWDEs434hA

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just hope RCR Underground finally comes out next year.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

That would actually be kind of cool - the only pitchfork weapon I know of in games is in the Dark Souls 1 DLC.

Time to track down a copy of Bloo-

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Look at this bozo, never played Blood :mmmhmm:

dammit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRwP0P5j05g

:bisonyes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:yeah::agreed::same:

I only tried playing the Plague Knight DLC recently, I posted about in the PYF and I was treated like I was insane. It's just bafflingly uncontrollable to me.

IMO the first level is one of the hardest as plague knight since it is before you get any of your major bomb and movement abilities. The game really opens up with more abilities later and you can, iirc, get an explosion that lets you control yourself better in the air. It has a learning curve to it, but plague knight is definitely very controllable once you can get the hang of him or at least unlock the hover explosion thing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Memories

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 2, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Palpek posted:

Somebody sum up what was shown at the awards please. I don't give a crap about who won but rather what premiered or what title's gameplay was finally shown etc.

ImpAtom posted:

Shovel Knight DLC looks awesome.

That's about it.

Quoted for ya

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Aw, the latest Meh.com deal was another meh grab bag and we just barely missed out on getting it :( Oh well. Nothing major, it was just :tenbux: and they'll do another one in a few months I'm sure.

What's everybody else up to this morning?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i want to play as shield knight

We'll probably be able to when they get around to that mode in the year 2019 :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

Maybe an actual sequel starring Shield Knight? That'd be cool. I'm sure there'll be a true Shovel Knight sequel eventually, once they're done giving us new modes for free like total badasses.

I wonder who the third playable boss knight will be.

Also, I'm curious: when the Kickstarter was ongoing, what did they say about the playable boss knight modes? Did they say they'd get their own stories and unique challenges? Because if they didn't promise that then, I'm really impressed with how above-and-beyond they're going with those. They could've easily just grafted them in like Richter mode in Symphony of the Night where it's sort of a novelty that ends up being a little awkward, but hey, you can play as that dude you wanted to play as! But nope, they're doing it right, and that owns.

During the kickstarter, they had stretch goals which included a mode where you can change the genders of the characters (not yet implemented), a battle mode where you can fight as any of the knights against each other (not yet implemented), and 3 extra campaigns starring 3 different knights. They held a poll for who should win and the ones that won were specter knight, plague knight, and king knight. I'd love to have a playable campaign for all of them but I completely 100% understand why they would not want to do that, though if they DID, I'd be fine with dropping money for them since they said the stretch goal stuff is all going to be in the form of free add-ons to the base game so anything they decide to work on after that doesn't necessarily have to be free.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

if it only it just stuck to the cool tactical action and dumped the Anime Factor it would be even better!

There is a lot of overlap between the Anime Factor and the cool tactical action. Metal Gear is a very anime series. Obviously wears its Western influences on its sleeves, but still definitely an eastern product. Compare that with like any of the splinter cell games that focused on stealth.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

That's kinda his point. A lot of the most popular japanese games sell on their western influences and get criticized for their Anime aspects. Probably why capcom started cutting out the middleman and handed over some of their IPs to western devs, wrongheaded as some of the choices were.

I think it's just one of those things where he's saying that he doesn't like the parts that are anime while not realizing that the parts he does like are also anime, and that that anime game he likes is anime

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.amazon.com/The-Keyboard-Waffle-Iron-CES01/dp/B015QJPUOA

:pcgaming:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

all I can think about seeing that is "keyboard goop" and then my mind throws up

It was my first thought too, to be honest

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello!

What's up people

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did some grocery shopping, had dinner, I don't really remember what else happened today. Last night was lovely and I didn't sleep well due to nightmares so i ended up sleeping in until like 1 pm but I'm hoping now to keep myself distracted with some video games or something. Maybe streaming a game or maybe just playing some picross touch until I can fall asleep for a bit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

MM9 is Instant Death Spikes And Pits: The Game

Oh, so Wily finally learned?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Discount Viscount posted:

9's soundtrack also owns pretty hard. It's in the top 5 for the series, possibly top 3.

My favorite part of 10 is the Wily castle twist. Sheep Man also brings me a lot of joy as a phrase to say.

What's the wily castle twist

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't know mega man powered up had additional robot masters

Oh wow, you guys weren't kidding about oil man

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

"Not possible" lol

Well yeah duh, completely impossible. Their newest release of duke 3d should be proof of that, there's not way to give loyalty discounts :downs:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Gotta pay the Battleborn FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic tax.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Totally unrelated to the current discussion, I just learned about Bonesaw being banned from running at AGDQ/SGDQ next year and man, that kind of sucks. He was super entertaining. He probably shouldn't have encouraged the viewers to spam Air Canada on Twitter, though.

He himself is fine with it, the whole ban is more or less a courtesy thing where the GDQ staff know it was an entertaining trainwreck but they don't want to encourage that kind of behavior even if it was hilarious

corn in the bible posted:

i was having fun with hyrule warriors but its kind of repetitive

Yeah but I enjoy going around in co-op and picking up skulltulas and costumes, that part is cool

corn in the bible posted:

And why does link now have a weird Korean mmo anime character as a fairy

Because she is his proxy so that Link can have a "voice"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

When they started doing interviews in between games to make setup even longer than ever I checked out from watchin it live and now just do VODs after the fact

The interviews are a way to keep people entertained live because the setup takes a long time, especially for certain games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gearbox should have just made another borderlands pseudo-expansion thing like the pre-sequel but with one of the playable characters being captain scarlett

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I think the one-way heroics expansion (or maybe it was the remake) lets you customize the home base you start off in

GhostControl might fit, it's basically sorta X-COM but with ghosts.

Silly suggestion, but Garry's Mod? Some of the servers have some optional base building aspects to them, mostly the RP servers.

Zombasite is a game that is definitely more based around managing your home base than you might be asking for, but it's an ARPG like diablo where you get quests and run around doing said quests before another clan does them (or before the quest fails) and you can send people to rescue back to your home base to guard it from other clans while you can go and fight other clans or befriend them and trade with them, but this is all done from that diablo perspective so it's...it's weird, but maybe worth looking into

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

hmm i don't want to look this up because i'm going to be disappointed

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GuOjXYl5ew
http://i.imgur.com/DE0Jep5.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I got these at aldi the other day, they were pretty yummy! I only had a couple and idk if there is anything I can do with the leftover brine once I'm done with them, but still. Cool, and cute. They also had them stuffed with herb cheese which I picked up as well.

This taught me that a thing called the "peppadew" exists.

Apparently they're tiny peppers (real peppers, not bell peppers) that look like cherry tomatoes and they're sweet and low on heat so they usually hollow them out and pickle them, or hollow them out and stuff them and pickle them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nasgate posted:

Excuse me sir, but bell peppers belong to the same genus as peppadews, and are in fact the same species as jalapenos

I meant in the sense that bell peppers have no capsaicin, sorry, I don't know anything about what genus they belong to.

VideoGames posted:

I really like peppers.

:yeah:

Macaluso posted:

Hello everyone. Please play this game about sentient corn

http://store.steampowered.com/app/284240/

I watched a dude play this and it was neat tho imo the ending was pretty lame because yeah it's a funny joke but it undid everything you accomplished over the course of the game and made it all seem completely pointless

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Bell peppers are indeed capsicums like jalapenos, habaneros, ghost peppers, etc. All new world peppers come from the same few related plant species.

The more you know.

I never said they weren't. Just that they don't have capsaicin in them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, how is everyone doing tonight

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm gonna try to play some Sacrifice, that neat Shiny RTS game.

Also, I just remembered this cool fuckin poo poo exists. Proclick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqh0ogsF_js

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nasgate posted:

We got Anki Overdrive last year and it's indeed pretty rad. Expensive as all getout though if you want track expansions. The weirdest thing is the like singleplayer RPG thing and the rng drops from races.
Definitely the best F-zero game we're probably going to get for a while.

Edit: my goty is looking like FFTactics. Crashing at my moms and my brother got it for the ps3 apparently and having no access to my PC i decided to try it out. It's real good so far, though i think ive already won. The MC has already mastered Monk and Geomancer by chapter 2 :V

Yeah, it is expensive and I can never see myself getting it because of that pricetag (and also not really wanting to dedicate the space to it), but the fact that it exists at all and apparently works (and there is some other thing with it where you race trucks instead, like, big rigs with trailers) is p fuckin cool

• Locked thread