Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

MinorInconvenience posted:

Prost! and Saluti!

I cannot wait to see what happens next. This is so drat fun.

But I'll call it here. Meritorious or not, this lawsuit is gonna sink Croberts &Co.

God, I hope they file for bankruptcy in SDNY or DE.

Don't forget that Derek has been hinting RICO is in potentially in play.

Which is far more personal for the major players.

Golli fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Holy poo poo the citizens are going into full delusional handwave mode.

This is good for CIG because Crytek is evil. Derek is Crytek.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Blue On Blue posted:

Skipping ahead a few dozen pages to ask

- if cig is found to have breached their agreement with crytek , would that mean all the money they received from the UK government to make a game be due to be returned ?

Technically it sounds like to me the game they are making is going to be legally poo poo canned , so all that government hand out money would be deemed to not be cigs since they essentially lied to obtain it

I don't think so. They get tax benefits for creating/maintaining jobs. They did create jobs and paid those people salaries. It's not that they claimed to create jobs, got the tax credit, but never actually did create the jobs.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Scruffpuff posted:

I hope Hans Zimmer composes the score for the ELE.

Nah, that was Clint Mansell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nice choice. Wait til they hit the teen years, you'll be ordering booze by the pallet.

Who says I ain't doing that already and just hiding it in my storage locker so the new trophy wife doesn't catch my dumb alcoholic rear end?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training
WHOOOOOOOOO!

This has been one loving crazy good week. Mmmm, I can't wait to see all the cult excuses and attempts to make their money feel safe.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Baxta posted:

Holy poo poo the citizens are going into full delusional handwave mode.

This is good for CIG because Crytek is evil. Derek is Crytek.

Maybe so but a confidence scam is a lot harder to pull off when the mark loses confidence. "I'm sure it's fine, but I might hold off buying that big ship for a while".

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Yeah, at the point where you're getting into the weeds of what's a "profit" so you can minimize your adverse judgment the case has gone very very badly for you. And there are all sorts of knock-on effects well before that step like loss of consumer confidence, employee morale is shot, if it's not already completely absent, other carrion birds circling the corpse ready to extract their share.

This looks bad, smells bad, and even healthy companies would find such a suit highly distracting at best. CIG is not a healthy company; draw your own conclusions.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tá Gaeilge agat?

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Golli posted:

Don't forget that Derek has been hinting RICO is in potentially in play.

Which is far more personal for the major players.

If I knew how to do the TOXX emoji here I would. 'Cause no matter what the Croberts and Ortwin and Erin have done, ain't no loving-in-any-way-possible-on-this-great-green-earth are they going to be found guilty/liable for RICO violations. Ain't happening. That's our good Dr. Smart talking out of his rear end.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tokamak posted:

Is Miles Eckhart even in the game yet? CIG can't let the jacket refactoring go to waste.

Important question: if I kill Miles will I get his jacket? Will I get to take all his fancy clothes? If he respawns can I kill him again and keep building up my “quest giver” wardrobe? Can I eventually kill him enough and get enough of his clothes that I can just replace him with my own t posed space man?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the great thing is you can be a layman and totally see how loving bad this is

that filing is a goddamn bullet to the back of the head

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

If I knew how to do the TOXX emoji here I would. 'Cause no matter what the Croberts and Ortwin and Erin have done, ain't no loving-in-any-way-possible-on-this-great-green-earth are they going to be found guilty/liable for RICO violations. Ain't happening. That's our good Dr. Smart talking out of his rear end.

Normally I would agree but after today I will never again underestimate Crobblers and co's abilities to get themselves in trouble for doing shady poo poo so ineptly that it can be proven in court.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 14, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

fuctifino posted:

Show us you're balls.

:lol:

Sorry, Bribase. You’re a goon. You can’t just go around denying it now.

Hahaha

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Sorry, I don't speak gutter languages. :cheers:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bribase posted:

Months of careful planning. Wasted.

Never give up!

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016

Lladre posted:

No. That lawsuit predates the door and comes from around the time they moved offices.

The reason I think it involved that door is one of the defendants was an electrical contractor. It could be something even dumber like putting in electrical drops for the artists workstations. I can't come up with something dumber but this is CIG we are talking about, it is probably way way stupider.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Normally I would agree but after today I will never again underestimate Crobblers and co's abilities to get themselves in trouble for doing shady poo poo so ineptly that they get in trouble for it.

As I like to tell the young new wet-behind-the-ears associates I have to deal with on a daily (loving) basis... in the words of the immortal Denzel Washington... "It's not what you know... it's what you can prove."

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Yeah, unless his Warlordness is sitting on some scary poo poo that ties them to mafia. He has hinted at that, but it just seems too far fetched for me.

I just don't think there's actually enough money for that association to be a thing. Unless Ortwin has a Walter White style palette of money in a storage unit somewhere.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

kw0134 posted:

Yeah, at the point where you're getting into the weeds of what's a "profit" so you can minimize your adverse judgment the case has gone very very badly for you. And there are all sorts of knock-on effects well before that step like loss of consumer confidence, employee morale is shot, if it's not already completely absent, other carrion birds circling the corpse ready to extract their share.

This looks bad, smells bad, and even healthy companies would find such a suit highly distracting at best. CIG is not a healthy company; draw your own conclusions.

Well, IANAL but having read through everything twice and taken a step back and a having had a long hard think, I think I might now be in a position to stick my neck out and comment. Now any legal professional and/or Toast can step in and correct me here at any time if I'm wrong, but having gone through all of the available data, spoken at length to various interested parties and many, many bystanders, and having shuffled important papers around my desk a bit I think we may be at the stage were we can confirm and show beyond any reasonable doubt that pole vaulting, sliding around and combat stances are absolutely coming in 2.2 and 2.3.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Ha!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Tá Gaeilge agat?

That is in fact the full extent of my Gealic, and somehow that's all I've ever actually needed

That and 'an lar'

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

You can be my pusher.

Ouch! :gonk:

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE
"We are aware of the Crytek complaint having been filed in the US District Court. CIG hasn’t used the CryEngine for quite some time since we switched to Amazon’s Lumberyard. This is a meritless lawsuit that we will defend vigorously against, including recovering from Crytek any costs incurred in this matter."

CIG might not have used THE cryengine, but wait this is their ironclad argument isn't it

CIG hasn't used THE Cryengine but have used Cryengine
Roberts Space Industries hasn't used the Cryengine it was Robert Space Industries
I'm not Chris Roberts I'm actually Chrisro Bert S

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

the great thing is you can be a layman and totally see how loving bad this is

that filing is a goddamn bullet to the back of the head

Knowing Derek whatever else is going to spill out is going to be, dare I say it, more and worse

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen - Lawsuit special contingency sale

Quote honestly stolen from Reddit user SeychelloisTrembles

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Fancy City Lawyer: "Is the person who committed this heinous crime in this courtroom"

Warlord For The Prosecution "Yes your lordship"

Fancy City Lawyer "Would you point him out to the court"

Warlord points across the courtroom, to a hunched figure, clad in a not very slimming little black number.

Warlord: "It woz 'im. It was Croberts wot done it"

Judge dons a black cap.

Everybody cheers.

The end.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i'm worried that because this is hell world CIG will somehow wriggle out of this

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: e lai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFxbvc6sqJg&t=450s

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i'm worried that because this is hell world CIG will somehow wriggle out of this

We ARE in the dystopian timeline so it might happen.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Dooguk posted:

Fancy City Lawyer: "Is the person who committed this heinous crime in this courtroom"

Warlord For The Prosecution "Yes your lordship"

Fancy City Lawyer "Would you point him out to the court"

Warlord points across the courtroom, to a hunched figure, clad in a not very slimming little black number.

Warlord: "It woz 'im. It was Croberts wot done it"

Judge dons a black cap.

Everybody cheers.

The end.

:vince:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

“The fire and fury of Ortwin...”

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

I don't too, but that one definitely rings a bell for a Freak. And all the best freaks are here :-)

Slàinte mhath!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

You should avoid using this until you feel you are becoming more fluent in racist alien stereotype Xi'an poop.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man gently caress this guy.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Hav posted:

For anyone with more knowledge of the terminal end of American business...

I'm curious, because I have a blind spot around the liabilities for American business, but what's a good tactic for sliding out from a judgement that might exceed the ability of the Defendant business to pay? Can it fold, wind up or otherwise cease to exist? Is it possible to transfer assets based on a nominal fee to a third party company, or are they considered part of the debt of the old company and get liquidated by a nominated officer?

I know how to avoid this in UK terms, just not US.

The plaintiff can attach the CEO of the company personally. All of Chris's poo poo AND Sandi's since they are still married the joint assets are on the table on TOP of every single thing purchased with every penny of backer money. This has the ability to make him homeless overnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
Welp. Working major overtime on an almost as hosed documentary project. Thread has managed to stop my brain leaking out my ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41CP7zcyiKA