Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

BluesShaman posted:

Has anyone noticed how Narragansett has replaced PBR as the hipster's beer of choice?

I liked Narragansett before it was cool

https://i.imgur.com/EStxZpV.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Thread is good and bad again at the same time.
Like Schrödinger's cat only you look in the box and then you go mad.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

poo poo, I cant seem to find the pledge counter anymore. I know CIG didnt remove it in the new site, but it was much harder to find intuitively. Any kind soul?

e: doing a search I get this direct link: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals but i can not find the actual link at the RSI site.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 3, 2018

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

poo poo, i cant seem to find the pledge counter anymore. I know CIG didnt remove it in the new site, but it was much harder to find intuitively. Any kind soul?

what spelling are you using?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Thanks, I still can not seem to find the link there from the main site. I must be reeducated by the Stimpire to search better.

e: Ah got it. At the development page there is a sneaky pop up menu that has the link. Otherwise you only see the Citizens counter at the "Live Stats" section.

At any rate it would seem CIG is not so keen anymore on boasting about its funding at all.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 3, 2018

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax: Who the gently caress ordered this ironicat, we'll never get that on the internet
Beer: Yeah, but there's this post..
Lowtax: I mean it's an actual ironicat, not a jpeg
Beer: Let me show you something..

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

In retrospect, we really missed out on a rich, meaty seam of comedy by not keeping a spreadsheet of which minute detail broke which goon's mind over the years.

2.6 ptu... But my story is a story for after CIG :ohdear:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

VictorianQueerLit posted:

You are correct here.

Derek had a history of quoting my effort posts in agreement for awhile now across all three of the names I've used to post here. However when I made that post a few months ago speculating about the funding situation and made what I thought was an informed opinion about an actual collapse taking place in Q2/Q3 2018 Derek immediately started being a snide douche to me and his hype man started posting poo poo like this

Since that guy is an extension of Derek it's pretty easy to see he is extremely worried other people are getting his attention/credit. Now I can look back and realize we were a month or so from finding out about the lawsuit so they were pissed off I wasn't entirely wrong about something Derek wanted the credit for.

I can also look back and remember the thread being engrossed in atxspergs leaks and having a great time until Derek openly demanded he answer his PMs and the guy quit posting.

I can also look back and remember that when TheAgent started becoming the thread focus Derek turned lovely on him for no apparent reason, calling him out and saying that he was full of poo poo and that he was doing damage by making poo poo up and leading people on.

:gary:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

thatguy posted:

616 is actually considered the real Number of the Beast.
Saint Iranaeus in the second century wrote "666 is known to be the number of the beast, but these dumb scribes keep loving it up". While the earliest copy of that part of Revelations that we have says 616, it also dates to around 50 years after his death.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/rag3club/status/959592735643709440

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Saint Iranaeus in the second century wrote "666 is known to be the number of the beast, but these dumb scribes keep loving it up". While the earliest copy of that part of Revelations that we have says 616, it also dates to around 50 years after his death.

The fax number of the beast

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

poo poo! What Star Citizen do?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/01/the-best-space-games-on-pc/7/

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Number #1 of Star Citizen streams on twitch? How many dozens of viewers was it?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

New job vacancy posted yesterday, bringing the total to 81.
https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/650-Gameplay-Programmer

Programmer for Frankfurt office.

Wasn't Scaleform and/or Flash one of the things that Lumberyard did not keep from CryEngine?
Seems like a pretty obvious indication that they have not left CryEngine if they ask for someone with such skills...

resistentialism posted:

what kind of idiot font makes every lower case g look like it has an apostrophe after it

The worst kind of font, clearly

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Thank loving god thatguy was here to be the :siren:fun police:siren:, else there might be actual entertainment within these pages!

Streetroller and Gorf, good.
Derek, a monumental blowhard desperate for attention (but I repeat myself).

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

AbstractNapper posted:

Thread is good and bad again at the same time.
Like Schrödinger's cat only you look in the box and then you go mad.

You can hear something inside the box. But when you open it, it's empty.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

it had become self aware - shut it down -it will blow!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Galarox posted:

Crobbles escapist letter was a large part of the reason I gave for wanting a refund. Actually - tbh I pleaded financial armageddon, but when they asked if there was something in particular in media/evil individual terms that made me doubt... (ie- hint hint pls say it was Derek/Escapist article) I said um - Crobbles reply rant to the Escapist was the tipping point for me. And that was the truth too :lol:

I asked them for the financials they promised and I would wait for them under the TOS version I last logged in under. funny enough my refund came through pretty fast after that. I still want those financials. And well the AMD letter.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

be nice if butttcoin would burst and gpus were decent prices.

According to a friend of mine who is really into cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin has been dropping more or less continously for the last 48 or so days, so you might get your wish relatively soon :shrug:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

G0RF posted:

Number #1 of Star Citizen streams on twitch? How many dozens of viewers was it?

It's over 42 !

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So I take it Boocha got silenced somehow

As much as I hate to assume this, he doesn't write, he doesn't call...possibility is not out of the question. :(

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ponzi posted:

I've just thought of something:

CIG very recently gave CryTek a set of bugfixes/modifications they've made to the engine.
CIG said they changed from CryEngine to Lumberyard a while ago.

Does this mean CIG gave CryTek at least some of the (modified) Lumberyard source code?
Do CIG need permission from Amazon to share Lumberyard source code with a third party?
Did Amazon give CIG permission to share Lumberyard source code with a third party?
Are Amazon aware that CIG have been sharing Lumberyard source code with a third party?

Pretty sure Amazon would not like that, no. I think the top comedy option here would be for Amazon to ask to be allowed into the court proceedings to protect their interests, the cultists cheering that Amazon is coming to help CIG against the evil CryTek and then having Amazon sit down on CryTek's side.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

CrazyLoon posted:

As much as I hate to assume this, he doesn't write, he doesn't call...possibility is not out of the question. :(

Who devote himself to call his parents to tell them about their son ?

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So I take it Boocha got silenced somehow

It's either that, or he took a few dozen pointers from the Chris Roberts School of Project Management.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Zzr posted:

It's over 42 !

Katie bar the door we got ourselves a breakout!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Chris Roberts is the John Wick of self owns.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Derrick smart is good
Anime is good
Hail Satan

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's tempting to think that Derek's the one who tattled on Bootcha to get him silenced, because his videos were taking attention away from The Blog
:mmmhmm: I don't actually think he did, but I could totally see it.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star citizen is so so, wait for patch 3.4 that's when the good stuff drops.

Please buy my gently used jpegs off of the grey market please

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's tempting to think that Derek's the one who tattled on Bootcha to get him silenced, because his videos were taking attention away from The Blog
:mmmhmm: I don't actually think he did, but I could totally see it.

It was Dr smart in the kitchen with the blog all along!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bootcha is fine, friends, videos will resume Soon(tm)*

*Two weeks

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Slow_Moe posted:

It's either that, or he took a few dozen pointers from the Chris Roberts School of Project Management.

Maybe his editor had a bike accident.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

This is important

This means something

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Toops posted:

“Star Citizen” is the plot of “The Producers.”

Thank you for providing a summary of the joke, yes

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Xaerael posted:

You just HAD to go and loving trigger me on the biggest waste of amazing ADI animatronic work ever, didn't you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg

The expression allowed here is phenomenal

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's more the opposite of The Producers, isn't it? They wanted to make a flop, but accidentally made a hit.

Crobblers is hoping for a blockbuster, but what he's got so far is a tire fire.

E: Springtiiime for Crobbler... and C-I-G!

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 3, 2018

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

So I guess we've got bots writing TNG episodes now. Could we get one of these to script Around The Verse in the future? It would save some time.

http://botnik.org/content/tng/

This is pure gold, if you ask me.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

D_Smart posted:

I have blocked him. Life's too short, and I don't have time to be having Internet arguments with someone who desperately seeks attention and acceptance lest he slink back to obscurity and nobody notices.

At least we will always have our Discord chat logs.

You are weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Streetroller posted:

Derek Smart - The Eternal Victim

I've dealt with people like Dr. Derek throughout my life; the over-promising under-achiever. people like Derek Smart only know how to victimize themselves. The problem is he never wins, and can’t help himself to make enemies.

The joke is always on him though, as the foundation of the something awful forums is to do nothing but simply point and laugh. Derek Smart is the joke, literally. So let's go ahead and give “the warlord” the full warlord treatment.

When I told Derek Smart that I was going to be suing Chris Roberts for Consumer Fraud, the very first thing he did was call me a liar. This perplexed me for two reasons: A) He never had any reason before to believe that I was lying about anything, B) We are technically both on the same side. It just seemed to be a self-destructive act of accusation out of nowhere. So, as any higher-level functioning adult would do, I tried to understand the position he was coming from.

Eventually it came to a point where he wanted to know the docket number for my case. I simply explained to him that docket numbers don't get handed out the moment you have a case filled, and that it takes a week or two for the court secretary to put it into the system. I told him that once I received my docket number, I would go ahead and give it to him for his own perusal.

He continued to berate me and call me a liar for absolutely no reason at all. So in response, I decided to take a photo of my receipt from the court because he tried to continue to argue with me over the semantics of “filing” versus “submitting” court documents. Even after it was told to him by several people in the chat room that he was wrong, he continued to dig in his heels on his position. I eventually decided it was not worth my time to continue arguing with someone over the internet, and simply ended the conversation.

A few weeks past without a word for me at all. in fact, a majority of the time I'm simply a lurker.

I received my docket number after a few weeks and posted the number in a private area specifically designed for that sort of thing. Derek then told me that this was the wrong chat and deleted it; telling me to post it somewhere else. Considering I was invited to the discord and this channel specifically to keep them updated on my progress, this only perplexed me further.

He then posted all of my suit information to his public lobby, which included my docket number, my real name, and my address… To a room of people where the potentiality of a number of people who threatened my well-being resided.

The only reason I can possibly come up with for you to about-face on me, for absolutely no reason what-so-ever, is that someone came along and did what you’ve been fantasizing about doing for literally four years and that upset your seemingly delicate ego. You seem to lack the ability to see outside yourself and to see yourself for the attention seeker you really are. To then project this trait upon me is just absurd. I barely post.

So keep me blocked, you can’t handle this. Like the “666” of this page number, you are nought but an internet demon. You’re the one sinking into obscurity. This is your own personal room, your own opus maximus, and you’ll be laughed at for all eternity for all to see, long after your dust and gone.

You have an extremely fragile ego, and I pity you.
See ya.
rear end in a top hat.

You are strong.