Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Months

Til SQ42

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

SO JANKY LOL

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

man I picked the right day to pay attention to star citizen again, it's like a whole year of jank thrust upon us all at once

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Why are you insane hosed up idiots watching with complete focus the stream of the game you all hate? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

it is...hilarious

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The chat is PISSED this is great

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Let's get a Derek reaction stream right after this please god

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

another dead mic :laffo:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

they're about to play the game live? omg

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Jesus Christ how did I end up missing the best of all possible SC streams

Yo, I've been out of the game for like 6 months and I feel like I'm ODing right now

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I had to mute the stream for a minute because i was more interested in some dogs barking outside

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

goons were right

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

picture a boot, stomping a monitor in the screen, forever

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Richie Stardust posted:

I made a touch sensitive nightlight for my little daughter today with an arduino uno and some LEDs. As I typed out my sketch the whole VOID { some loving function } line dawned on me. I don't know how I was so dense before, but it just made sense all of a sudden that of course we use VOID, we don't need a return from this function....anyway, I'm applying at CIG.

Edit: gonna make it big time

You're probably too late as it appears theyre out of money and have pulled the plug on the PU servers to make payroll

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

imagine ben, jiggling in glorious 4k

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

I like that I get to hear Sandi whispering in my ear while Ben gesticulates.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Star Citizen recently surpassed Grand Theft Auto V to become the 3rd most expensive game in history, in terms of development cost.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

the most open game development project in history failed for one year to show even one moment of gameplay for a release due in three months

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

are they going to be able to increase the number of people playing together past 24, or am i going to need to hire hundreds of AI bots to staff my jpeg?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

somebody needs to tell CIG how version numbers work, this is just now starting to get ridiculous.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm bored so I'm watching the CitizenCON presentation I ignored earlier this year. Is it anywhere near the level of hilarity of the holiday stream?

So far it's been weird sandy and heavy handwavey bullshit and if it's 2 hours of this I'm gonna watch paint dry, or play a PC game instead

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

TheLightPurges posted:

Literally nothing happens until the demo. Go to when chris tells em no SQ42 you can hear a pin drop.

what's up with sandy and this fake tattoo? Why's she crying again? What's going on?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Chris hasn't whiteboxed poo poo. These are the same people that have said Ben actually got to play through all the missions and then fail to produce a single controlled showing of the first mission.

I think in the mind of Chris Roberts and his inner circle, playing the game is identical to reading a list of proposed features, then having a hand-wavey discussion about how it would work if somebody made it. The message that gets out is that Ben Lesnick totally played the whole game you guys, and it's accepted on faith because the scam is really a cult.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I trust that CIG has open development.

CIG hasn't shown anything.

Therefore CIG has nothing.

Hold on there, champ; maybe you just don't understand game development? For example, I'm looking at a slide from the CitizenCon presentation that says the game due for release in March will have "fully systemic" "subsumption" AI, with 24-hour schedules, 1000+ subroutines and simultaneous secondary objectives. You saying they can't deliver?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

There's a scripted, buggy demo that comes at the end, only of interest for its level of scam exposure. The Polaris commercial I found funny unintentionally, tricking people into thinking they're watching a Squaalude 32 preview and then it's just a corny ad for another lame ship :laugh:

What was he talking about here?

Is that referring to the Gary Oldman speech?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

There's not actually that much difference between a grey box and the final thing anyway, shits dull yo

ive been watching a guy drive in the sand for like an hour in the citizencon demo

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

nawledgelambo posted:

Well, a lot of feel good posts here, let me be the Krampus. (maybe not, say what you want about Nikki 'Batgirl,' she doesn't hold back on grilling Ben with some of these questions and I respect that):

Most open game development ever, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKc7CpY5c8&t=943s

The myth of this game's "open development" is one of the funniest aspects of the whole mess.

Maybe if CIG released a complete list of the major features still required to make a complete game instead of ship refactoring bullshit and tweaks to the flight model it would help them get organized around a coherent plan. It seems like they always get caught up trying to squeeze more money out of people without delivering anything, or they get too caught up in spewing ~dreams~ bullshit and lose focus.

How can you suck at something so bad for five years and continue to get worse? Crobber is incapable of learning from his mistakes and that guarantees that this will be a legendary disaster.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Is it really that hard to make a Crysis mod FPS game that doesn't crash when you hit the tab key?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Whine whine whine. I got the tab key to not-crash by a simple registry hack, that ought to increase my error reporting efficiency by close to 13%

The shitizens are very devoted to reporting how lovely the game is, tis true

e: I finally played for 15 whole minutes without crashing and having to restart my entire machine, and IT IS AWESOME!!!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Star Marine was already in the game, what the gently caress did they just release

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

It was already more lethal than call of duty

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

neonbregna posted:

Please don't post again until your understand video game development

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lol

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah we just had to refactor the code into the new engine but it's done now so everything is great

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The most open development project in history, folks

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Can you imagine if a publisher found out a dev studio was changing engines from a press conference the friday before christmas

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

when will the mocap reshoots begin? or are they already done and in the game?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

derek smart can you stream yourself ranting about this game and its community tomorrow afternoon? tia

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

This whole mess has made me really appreciate publishers, and accountability in general, in game dev and all things.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Long live Ubisoft

Ubisoft went through this MMO dev poo poo many years ago with Shadowbane...I remember getting my hopes up for that and getting burned 15 years ago and it pains me so to see the shitizens digging deeper in the pee well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

serious question, was the in-game clothing store part of any of the stretch goals or proposed features, or did cig just take it upon themselves to add it to the scope?