Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have been completely out of the loop with this game. Wasn't Squadron 42 promised to be released before the end of the year? Especially by the diehard defenders who said it was all but guaranteed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What the gently caress is this guys deal?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samizdata posted:

He's a hypocritical elitist SC reality bubble moron that can't sleep unless he is touting how awesome he is and how everyone else is stupid. Not quite an E*_Dova, but well on the way.

Speaking of Er_Dova I posted a "keep not getting it" response to one of his posts then like a day later he deleted his account :laugh:

Obviously I don't take credit for it, but the timing was funny.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The irony in them complaining about Frontier's moderation not being consistent, but being joyous at CIGs inconsistent moderation is hilarious.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wait...did they do what the r/starcitizen forum did and hide the downvote button? :laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CIG's pettiness is peach.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:psyduck:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sup. :smuggo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:perfect:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scrubs season six posted:

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN.

toot toot

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Again. Sup? :smuggo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a VOD of the live stream? I missed it and want to watch the trainwreck.

Also, on the subreddit I got a bunch of upvotes for saying you should get a refund. LMAO the times they are a changing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a VOD or am I SOL for missing it live?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh God.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh my god.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:laffo:

The fact they'll pretend this isn't hosed up or the rantings of mentally ill people is whats killer.

Edit - Like they're literally making pedo jokes about a dudes kid because he talks poo poo about a loving video game on Twitter. That's how deranged they are.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 18, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Risc1911 posted:

I have made a copy of the stream and uploaded as unlisted

https://youtu.be/Vg_ZcA1dwu0

Someone tell me more about these blankets from Sri Lanka.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One thing I always get enjoyment out of the Citizenry is that they always cry and scream loudly about how EVE is this evil MMO and that Star Citizen will kill it. Meanwhile CCP make some good changes, and some baffling ones, which then sees them hold the largest MMO fight beating out the one from a few years ago just the other week. Meanwhile CIG have dudes sitting on a couch talking about abstract concepts for the game for the 5th year in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBsZ9FYCfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEN10EHEF0c

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/12/13920944/death-star-destroyed-during-the-largest-battle-in-eve-online-history

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 18, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IncredibleIgloo posted:

poo poo man, I don't even like big ol' space MMO's and I especially don't like what I have heard about eve. But, uh, somehow I have purchased EVE and a 6 month subscription in my life to test it out and fiddled around with it. It had a bunch of cool stuff. I suck at sticking with *any* MMO, so don't blame EVE for my impatience/boredom/leaving..... but, I sometimes wonder, who are these magical focused gamers who can give a poo poo about a game for more than 4 months? The only game I can do that with is EU4, which is a loving masterpiece. "Wiz", a SA poster now works for the publishing company, Paradox Interactive, and that game is straight loving good. I have 800 hours on that, more than any other game (excluding WoW) and worth *every* loving penny.

I honestly don't know how some of the people who organize the higher end stuff do things for so long. I helped run a new player alliance (guild) for like a year and got burnt out because it just stopped being fun. Same with the videos I used to do showing the map changes in the player controlled areas. EVE is certainly a game/hobby that takes a fair amount of dedication, and the people who love playing it genuinely do enjoy it and have fun despite some of the shittiness due to game code or mechanics you have to work around. It was best described to me as "the most complicated strategy game because its always against other humans and not the AI." Thankfully you can also play super casual if you want, which is what I do now for the most part, especially with the shift to making all trial accounts Free To Play accounts with slight restrictions on what they can fly and can do mechanically.

Its also no coincidence that a lot of people who play EVE also play CK, EU, & HOI. Strategy game rule, and the dudes who do the higher group level management are pretty solid at strategy games. Just depends on the rules and mechanics is all.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 18, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mu77ley posted:

Star Citizen wins Most Likely to Flop in 2017 award on Massively OP: http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/18/massively-ops-best-of-2016-awards-most-likely-to-flop/

Star Citizen is too big to fail. It's a juggernaut, with 300 developers, 140 million dollars and Chris Robert's genius behind it. Supported by a generous & loyal community, it certainly won't flop in 2017 or even 2018.

With 100 systems, a 9:1 NPC to player ratio, where the NPCs are conducting trade, fighting, politicking and living their own lives which players can interact with. The possibilities are endless. CIG has thought of every profession, right up repairing onboard entertainment systems to keep the NPCs happy. It's astounding.

Right now, you can purchase ships that have a crew of 70! Imagine you and 69 friends all collaborating in space battles (or repairing entertainment systems) against another ship with 70 people on it. Imagine 3 of them all battling it out. It'll be amazing.

As long as Star Citizen lives in our hearts and in our imagination, it can never flop.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If I remember correctly Zaqq is a EVE dude who recently quit making EVE videos.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When did Derek Smart ever claim to work for the FBI? Or was this another thing the retardos made up in their heads? Also lol, 99% sure there's no law against saying "if you think there's a crime contact the police" at all.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wrecked Angle posted:

Cymelion does actually have something wrong with him doesn't he? No one is that passionate and deluded about a non-existent computer game unless they have real mental issues going on.

Fake E. Actually... I've just figured it out! Cymelion is actually in love with Star Citizen! I was trying to think of the only other times I've known people refuse to acknowledge or wilfully misinterpret facts that are right in front of them clear as day and that's it.

New tag added

...also mental issues.

A while back (like a year or two) he tried implying I was an awful person IRL because I criticized a video game. The dude is just a retard.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirificus posted:

The picture in question:

His lack of self awareness is hilarious.

nawledgelambo posted:

one of his buddies asked him what sets star marine apart from other FPS's, he goes on about EVA'ing from one platform to another. So I tell him, "So Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?"

To which he responded:

https://clips.twitch.tv/grayheadedgamer/QuaintAardvarkVolcania

Star Citizen: Not even close to Infinite Warfare

What does "physicalized physics" mean?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sabreseven posted:

Eve online servers are in England, not Iceland.

:shrug:

Also want to add that it's a great time to be alive, being able to witness firsthand the terrible promises made by Crobblers catching up with him bit by bit as the slow dawning of technical limitations finally begins to creep across his fetid smug thumblike face.

I think he knows he's playing for time now, and he knows it's about to fail, he just doesn't understand yet how big of a failure this is all going to be. I can't wait to post *smugface* on their forum the day it all happens.

They actually recently moved the servers to Iceland. Or at least a component of the servers.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/tranquility-tech-iii-is-ready-for-you/

Edit - Sorry they moved the data center to a new spot in London. They do have servers/support stuff set up in the UK, Iceland, and in the USA.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 20, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't Arf Jason the pedophile?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In case anyone cared from the MWO crew, Living Legends has resumed development.

https://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/

Related to Star Citizen how? It's a CryEngine mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkQSFb0sWYU

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know right?