Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

when it's all said and done, this will be crobbers' greatest work involving star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Tokamak posted:

CryEngine 3's netcode could support up to 32 players out of the box, hth.
Yeah out of the box, yet CIG's bastardized it to essentially the point of no return.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

aleksendr posted:

Wordplay on "Sataball" the supposed zero gravity sport of the SC universe. Think handball played in Ender's game war room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n54HLixcWbM

It never got further out than a map, not even a playable prototype.
It's like CRobbers finished watching Ender's Game, snorted a line and made the developers push the entire schedule to put sataball as priority #1, then did another line before passing out/burying his head into a mountain of coke on his desk and forgot about sataball when he woke up.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

TheLightPurges posted:

BTW heres actual Star Marine footage. I swear its not a vid of my Knee hair

https://vid.me/bZ5x

The gun sights bug out, its a little laggy, and more importantly its literally impossible to kill the dude sniping (a one shot gun) and camping the flag you have to stand still at for ten+ seconds. People tried but could barely ding him.
I think they lifted those hit pings from the UTComp mod for Unreal Tournament.

Also, lol @ that exhaust smoke coming from the sniper rifle for...no reason at all?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

holy poo poo lol, CIG has an evocati evocati PTU secrect jeshush build?loving lol.
We most go deeper.
no see, CIG gave it to some avocados so they could identify the leakers easily

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

I refuse to believe they have multiple builds, like "Oh ok this evocati says he wants to test FPS so send him the one with the shittiest flying bits I guess?' I mean, wtf ha ha
lmao, given their history so far, CIG is way too incompetent of a company to release multiple test builds without screwing everything up when they try to patch the different avocado pieces together for public release.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:laffo: they seriously believe mo-capping an aircraft carrier launch procedure is some kind of ground-breaking achievement.

Then present it in the most boring way possible.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I mean I'm irrationally irritated at how loving stupid that is. 900 years in the future and they need five guys running around doing some bullshit choreography from when giant airplanes were launched with steam off of ships.

Yeah it definitely makes more sense to have five guys sit around getting ready to take a face full of plasma exhaust.
But there's a blast shield! It's amazing how cobbler has such a lack of creativity that in the 1000 years before his moviegame takes place, humanity hasn't figured out a more efficient way to launch something from a carrier.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

page 69 :grin:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:laffo: this is perfect

Lladre posted:

Why is she doing the I'm giving someone a blow job schtick?
It's just weird a VP of a multi million dollar company in charge of HR and Marketing would do such a thing.
I have no idea, but some nerd in the brown sea was obsessed with it.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:laffo: I lost it when pgabz went flying at the end

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

lol haven't seen a Z8 in almost a decade

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

TheAgent posted:

The next-gen development consoles are impressive enough to work with our high standards, but I want to say this: nothing is being taken away here. The net benefit of releasing Star Citizen and Squadron 42 on the future XBOX and PlayStation consoles far outweighs the bad. It allows us a bare minimum overhead that expands to nearly limitless levels on PC.

This was always a PC game first but not only a PC game. Our scope and effort always included other ways to bring in revenue to make the Best drat Space Sim Ever, to bring you and everyone that believes in the project every hope, dream and feature possible.

Myself and everyone here stands by that, just as we hope you continue to stand by us.
if this is true then lol

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

"don't try to sneak out of it by slowly letting it die and hoping no one will notice"

looks like a good metaphor for CIG

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

being reminded that there are still PC Games Only warriors out there is pretty dang funny. like one guy calls all others "peasantry" which is the funniest insult

the desire to be part of some magical elite best community is real
well, pc gamer nerds gotta believe they're better than dirty console peasants to feel better about themselves

doggesncattetax:

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 14, 2016

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

"No really, where is the fun?"

I was baffled
I remember in the last thread there were links of shitizens who were okay with a 1 hour+ travel time between systems and spending $50/week on fuel micro transactions. lol I don't think fun is what they want from their pretend reality.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds
1. It will be 5/15/20-min late delayed due to them downloading the freshest, illest, most stable 2.6 build
2. No SQ42 past a teaser logo
3. Crobbler will do something that will make him look like an even more imcompetent Gavin from Silicon Valley
4. Fake 3.0 demo
5. Sandi will get even more air time.

Tiebreaker: 2.6 was in the game all along

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

lol sean tracy magically appearing behind them

LOL audio issues galore

best start ever

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

holy poo poo this is amazing

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

guys it appears this is another vehicle for them to advertise and sell new, cash-discount ships

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I love the puzzled look on crobbler's face

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

haha crobbler talking out of his rear end about this repair stuff

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

lmao green screen failure again

sandi still mic'd up woooooow

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I thought it couldn't get worse than the CRobbers playing his own game, but here we are.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

oh god

this nerd was taught at the crobbers school of public hand speaking

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

lmao nothing crobberz is saying about the economy makes any sense at all

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:stare:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

nice use of backer funds with that monitor throw

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

best bale posted:

has chris or sandi made an appearance yet? I'm so ashamed, I'm just now finding out about the stream
CRobbers is probably looking to get more mushmouthing time and Sandi is attempting to kill the A/V editors.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

loving lol that ship was using flaps/rudders in space

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

ZenMaster posted:

Am I the only one seeing the timer not matching up and control points not matching up when they switch cams? How is this not 100% faked?
lol nope, I just saw a 30 second jump

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/MushyMeerkatUncleNox

timer goes from 5:54 to 6:27 :laffo:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

That person has an accurate username. I have *never* heard Derek say anything at all even vaguely threatening. (At least in the physical/threatening sense. He certainly has threatened to release information about ongoing criminal activity)
Seriously; that guy's entire post history (I only looked through like 3 pages) is posting about him in the dc or sc subreddits :stare:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

hey you leave sandi alone

she is a wife and a mother

not a public figure you can openly harass until she quits twitter for a week

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

ZekeNY posted:

Well sure, but has that guy ever directed a Freddy Prinze Jr. movie?

Didn't think so.
Does that Miyamoto nerd know anything about directing A-list actors like Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, and Sandi Gardiner at 4 different mo-cap studios?

Didn't think so :smuggo:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

starkebn posted:

What are the chances all the A-list actors are even going to be in SQ42 any more? Weren't they mocapped 3 reshoots ago?
if anything could put a dent in crobbers' ego, having to scrap his celebrity cast would be it

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

First it was a ripoff of the Doom box art and now they ripped off Halo as well for the same image.

Instead of trying to stop the plagiarizing after getting caught countless times, CIG double archers a picture.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Tokamak posted:

*release a patch that crashes on launch*
*release another patch that removes crash*

Wow! the game is butter smooth, stable, and ready to release.

*poo poo is still broke and stuff is missing*
Star Citizen: issues that triple every second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

ComfyPants posted:

These people are loving delusional

nah that's giving CIG too much credit

it was master full stack programmer Chris Roberts who did it all himself :smuggo: