Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

The Titanic posted:

So for all you guys and girls who bought this, even if you later refunded it...

Is this what you were envisioning? Like outside of the cost of the ship and it was just free with the game that might come out. Is this the vision you saw and what you hoped it would be?

I personally think it looks a bit silly, but I think this was supposed to be the "space train" everybody was sperging over back in the day? If so I think it looks very train-y.

No, not what I was expecting. Glad I sold it. I'm glad I ran screaming from this cancerous poo poo-ball of clusterfuck when I had the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

The Titanic posted:

In honor of Chris Roberts and his upcoming epic series, Squadron 42. It's imperative that you prepare yourself for the story you're going to get. The multitude of characters and their many, varied personalities and exciting dialog.

To properly prepare for this moment, here is a screen from the Wing Commander 3 I think of some of the characters. Please try to figure out which one is the bad guy. It will not be easy because they do not exactly make themselves obvious. Their dialog and bodily emotions convey acting and characterizations that haven't been before experienced in a mere video game medium.

Prepare yourself.

Uh, is that Leo loving Mcgarry in some sort of space navy?
I would watch that for ten space dollars.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Capt Hugh Paulson according to IMDB. Now I know.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bought one and later sold it for $300. I could get another with my store credit if I wanted. Oddly enough it does seem to be the closest we've seen to the actual design intent. It's big, fat, modular, and looks like it could be very flexible. When it first came out I had this dream of filling one with LTI snub fighters and having a horde of Goons just gently caress everything.

Pity.

Those were the days. I so wanted Bomber Bros to be a thing.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I'm just checking to say I love the thread titles. Keep 'em coming.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

So I've downgraded my resources for checking this thread so instead of checking every three months I'll be checking every six months. Budget cuts amirite?

Anyhoo, is there a game yet? Are they out of alpha? Did Lesnick finally implode under his massive gravity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Oh to be that happy.