Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Someone plzplzplzplzplzplz add Blue Danube Parps. Plz. In slowmo :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"What will you do if you now you have fail failed?"

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

TheAgent posted:

for sale: space suit, never used worn outside the house. slightly soiled.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
All these shadow citizens casting nasturtiums and d0x1nG the chosen people left right and middle. Please get refunds for your self and your progenitors.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Star Citzen: a rabbi infested poddle with red hair on its head

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's a fancy cutscene. Don't get your panties twisted.

MoMA and Roberts at Jalad, their panties in a twist.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
Very much looking forward to the GDC post-mortem of SC in 15-20 years time, presented by a mildly embarrassed Hobo Lando who's being constantly being interrupted by devs shouting "Helmet!", followed by raucous laughter.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

As opposed to T-posing?

^^ fuuu

:boom:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
After so many years of consistent failure to deliver, it's quite bizarre to read people still believe there will be a release of this epic, ever. Let alone before space ambulation appear in E:D some time next year. On top of that being "a critical feature" in a space game. <<USED>>

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Tokamak posted:

Well whatever Star Citizen currently is, it isn't fun.

Yes, but with the new and improved toilet door accessibility he can now in fact "do poo poo".

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
There are a few "Shadow" Citizens amongst the mods there, and at least one outed themselves with a $4000 odd "investment".

Usually they bite their tongue, but occasionally they grump out and ban for the oddest things. I got done for a pgabs video of all things, and simply pointing out an error another time.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The worst part about hot dogs are lovely buns that split and leave you eating a meat tube sandwich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt7BeC8ItaA

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I just wanted to let you know that "huge milestone" still irritates me.

I use a mental look up table and transpose "milestone" with "millstone". Works great.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Derek Smart just robbed a local 7-11. This is my opinion.

Robert Space is a fuckwit. This is a fact.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

E:D- We want to do the things, but we aren't sure if we can yet or if it will work as intended, so we shall keep mum.

SC- We are doing everything! It's on the schedule! What delays?

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
Also the new banu ship?

That's an authentic Archer if true. They couldn't be that blatant? Is LV426 the new planetary system?

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

HA! beat you to it:smug:

Hah, even better. I was quoting you and hosed it :D

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

So is this the 3.0 that was announced at Citizens Conned 2016, to be released in Dec 2016, where everyone but Robert Space and the intern whom made his presentation all went, '...wait, wut? dec? farrrrrrkkk...".

Or is this the current iteration of 3.0 without any of the promised Citizens Conned 2016 gameplay, such as doors, and other marvellous technical innovations?

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

DarkRefreshment posted:

I will concede the point that Chris may not be a liar IF we acknowledge, as with the 3.0 by the end of 2016, he is incompetent. If you see the laundry list of all the poo poo that has to be done to get 3.0 even 50% out, there is no way that an intelligent game designer, nay head of the company, could look at that and say "Yep a month or so now looks legit". Something has to explain the gross misses of dates and deliverables. Being a month or two off; sure I'll accept that. Stating incorrect dates over and over again with the knowledge that he has to have of where things are? Give me a break.
It's either malicious (a lie) or it's the lack of understanding of what you are doing (incompetence).

whynotboth.gif

Incompetence and lying are inextricably bound together in my experience. The incompetent will _always_ lie to cover mistakes.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

well HECK Phil posted:

You're absolutely right and I stand corrected. You're a space age honeypot.

He is the modern day Tesla in his Faraday cage, quietly posting while millions of volts blast through the air about him vaporising thousands of effort posts per second.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

DarkRefreshment posted:

Star Citizen is a game much in the same way a brick is a flotation device

The Chariots hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Chalks posted:

I'd love to hear the explanation of all the development time spent on spectrum, a complex and universally hated replacement for an entirely functional system that added nothing what so ever to the game itself.

Robert Space is an idiot. This response covers all contingencies.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He dresses as well as he draws traces.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/RooSmash_/status/873761655519191040

I'm gonna party like it's 2099 and 4.0 was just delayed another week

Natural selection for strength and general survivability in the wild is no longer a factor in the human genome. I wonder what factors allow this group to survive and thrive...

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks! I'm sure it will be OK and if I die at least I went doing what I loved. Drugged into oblivion while being hacked around the skull with various power tools

You should live stream SC while you're having your lobotomy. For science. It will be fascinating to watch you become a true fan in realtime.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

The miracle of life in the moment of conception.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-KjNGrXVY

Now you will hear this every time as I do

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

*NB. Please note client side and non persistent only. Observers will clip through while repeatedly asking WTF are you doing.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Mangoose posted:

Hey, at least it gave three people something to do for an evening. Possibly four, if that screenshot isn't taken from third person perspective.

EDIT: Just saw the HUD. Four people moved the thing.

One person moved the thing. Three more watched the other jumping around pushing thin air.

Experimental Skin fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 4, 2017

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/07/das-boot-getting-tv-sequel.html

I wonder...

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

hakimashou posted:

Yeah I won some sort of posting award.

So what's the story on them mortgaging the company or whatever?

Ortwin needed a quick influx of cash to buy in on the Das Boot Rebo(a|o)t so he pawned S42.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A distress beacon is basically a flare in a different spectrum. The thing about the noise of space is that, as far as I know, it's fairly static (pun not intended). The stuff being emitted from stars and whatnot thousands of light-years away doesn't really change in the interval that something would theoretically be scanning the sky. I could be wrong though, but if you're scanning deep space every hour or whatever I figure you'll notice something changing like that.

But a flare is very short lived compared to a beacon type transmitter. Only useful for short ranges.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a space flare. Who knows what kind of longevity the space incendiaries have as they burn. In space.

Ok, you didn't specify space_material_waves_hands. I can't argue with that. I have some UEC somewhere...

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Shadowlyger posted:

No that is pretty clearly a dick. Like I'm not even sure what else it could be, so I have to imagine it's intentional.

Star Citizen: No That Is Pretty Clearly A Dick

Thank you, I'm here all night.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

HKS posted:

Just wait till they get to the anger stage and start 'demanding answers' from CIG. It will be hilarious.

Watch in amazement as they get ignored! Be astounded as they are probated! Cry as they are banned! Sigh knowingly as the post in this thread. This Citizen Life.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Mr Fronts posted:

Sunk cost phallusy.

Almost.

Sunk Phallus Cost: When you know you've been hosed over hard, but you can't ever admit it in public.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_ZcA1dwu0&t=1798s

Those little tiny hands attached to the ham-hock arms

Sausage festooned hoofs is the correct term.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/891663349544517634

Lethality is seriously bad at picking quality products.

https://xkcd.com/1870/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

ZenMaster posted:

Hahaha, Crobberts must have seen Alien Covenant, it's Milford Sound people... again!

No, he and Ridley are besties from way back, and he suggested they use Milford in Covenant.

Or.

Robert Space has never once had an original thought, and survives by appropriating everything he sees to pass off as his own.

i_made_this.gif