Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sunswipe posted:

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but the gameplay footage for ME: Andromeda looks like more of the very average same.

Still better than anything Croberts is capable of, obviously.
it did look a bit odd, yeah. someone forgot the vanguard mantra of ALWAYS BE CHARGING

if vanguard in me:a isn't high risk/high reward biotic murder pinball then what's the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My favorite part is that the most effective way to kill someone wearing advanced hard-plate armor is to hit them with the stock of your rifle.

Plebian Armor Vulnerable to Butt Stroking

Super Advanced Armor with Revolutionary Anti-Butt Stroke Technology
armor is p bad at stopping blunt force trauma, but yeah unless that stock is secretly a warhammer, it's not going to do anything

but what if...instead of a gunsword you had a gunhammer???

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

nawledgelambo posted:

You think one of the artists is trying to tell the backers something?

lmbo

there's no way they do this unless they're about to walk out the door

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Kakarot posted:

More coming soon

2 weeeks

derek smart is worse at hitting release windows than chris roberts

edit - catte tax:

Ash1138 fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 6, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

so in planet coaster this weekend i almost finished building this coaster station i'd been working on for days, then i got fixated on recreating a part of puerto pollo from the curse of monkey island so i built a few mostly finished buildings and tried to fit them around the coaster station and sculpt the terrain to match, but i didn't have enough room so i switched to sandbox mode and half-built some more buildings and sort of blocked a bridge and river, worked on a waterfall to the point where i was pretty sure i could finish it for reals later, and struggled with stair paths and terrain until i realized that if i wanted to make all of plunder isle in planet coaster, i'd have to completely rethink the overall plan and that meant locating puerto pollo far away from the park entrance so what i really should be doing is starting with the rides and theming near the entry and that's just a bunch of jungle next to a beach on plunder isle so i could do whatever i wanted really so i started on that

so now i have a bunch of half-baked prototypes and proofs of concept to show for all the time i've spent (which is ample)

i'm figuratively cloud imperium games

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

thatguy posted:

Do you guys think that the people making this game are incompetent?
no

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

lol trick nobody is actually making this game

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I never said any of those things. Do that again, and you will be blocked.
lmbo get a load of this guy

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I would hate to have you as attorney because your definition of "right" has more holes than my favorite sock.

Fact (pay attention): MoMa only talked about Evocati build rolling out. The debate - at the time - had NOTHING to do with SM being in it or not.

Aside from the fact that the CIG schedule already had a date, and the build was expected - despite being moved twice.

So MoMa saying that Evocati builds were going out - and they did - has NO bearing on ANYTHING. The entire discussion is about whether or not SM was in that 11-30 release. It wasn't.
fact: bears eat beets

bears, beets, battlestar galactica

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Hopper posted:

Is it the dude standing in the back whose facial expressions says:
God drat you bunch of disgusting manchildren, I am so glad I am out soon you pathetic losers. Not you Money, you are kinda ok, but the others are filthy scammers."?

that's my guess as well by process of elimination. i know that the others don't actually do any work that will look bad on their cv when cig collapses. ben and the hobo don't even have careers in any particular field to begin with

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

has squadron 42 has gone gold in time for a christmas release???

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

tooterfish posted:

Yes. Christmas 2117.
well drat i walked right into that one!!!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

lol SA subscribers

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Raskolnikov posted:

Pineapple on pepperoni is the real winner. It's like #winning by slumming.

Seriously, it's good. Call me.
i will try this. i do not fear pineapple on pizza.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

lol yes everything is coming along nicely keep doing what you're doing

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

DogonCrook posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-is-fast-approaching-completion-heres-an-update-video/#article-comments

Wasn't sc partnered with these guys for clothing or something? I like that the guy with a table full of half drunk liquor bottles in his office still has his poo poo together compared to Chris roberts.
this is a pro-click

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

if they're really hiring a lot of kids right out of college, those are the ones who are going to get turbofucked.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Ponzi posted:

I ws just reading a story on The Register about 'Magic Leap', a company that puts out impressive (fake) marketting videos to demostrate their revolutionary technology, but have yet to come up with an actual product:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/09/magic_leap_neither_magic_nor_leaping/

At the end of the story is a list of ways to spot a tech company that's full of poo poo:

For some reason, Star Citizen immediately came to mind...
it's uncanny

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

oh my god

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

coming up with an in-universe name for your ui then referring to that name always is beyond stupid

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

someone tell grandpa that isn't a meme

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's how one Crytek idiot saw things after last time they hosed up their employees wages, hope they're more graceful this time around
you should've resigned before we stopped paying you because we're not going to do layoffs lmao what a douchebag

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Worse I think...

Is anyone worse than me at Deus Ex? I think not

how is that even possible

wait, i also have 39 hours in that game. no way it took me that long to beat

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

I tremble at the thought of being considered a doxxer and insane murderer etc., but I just love this.

Team Sandi for life.
a "film"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

a cyberpunk goose posted:

while this point might work against me in the context of CiG, i have to say it: big businesses that are shipping profitable products (bethesda games) are rarely going to take the time to fix-up fundamental issues in their engines unless they really really _really_ have to, by the time you barely ship & patch & maintain the game you're working on right this second, plans and concept work are already happening for the next project, the game programmers don't all go into a big room and start putting stickies on the wall for things they wanna clean up tech-debt wise and get "ready" for the next project. the next project is already on the rails and the minute they are done with their current project they are yanked off and are prototyping elements of what's to come.

the time to get certain kinds of axiomatic engine-bound things right is usually the first time, anything else will be written off as a waste of money and time by the money wizards above you. a healthy company tries to balance tech debt against product deadlines, but rarely can core engine things just "be fixed". like, oh you want to change how the sorting works for this kind of scene? well that's impossible because the way the realtime lighting is set up for this scene means you'd have to use an entirely different scheme for how such and such is calculated and now you also have to update all the gizmos and level editing tools that work with said lights. or we could say "hey our engine isn't meant for this kind of scene that requires this kind of sorting, let's just hide the issues with it by doing $HACK and get this thing shipped"

this doesn't help paint CiG in a good light though because it's not their engine and CryTek is falling apart and CryEngine is already a crufty mess of very specific hacks to make Crysis-like games work. NOT big mega space mmos with no specific scope.
is this why the ctd errors i was getting in call of duty infinite warfare have been around for like 10 drat years of cod games?

i say *was* because i got a refund.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

a cyberpunk goose posted:

That to me is a greater death knell than any of the 100s of reasons this project is spectacularly doomed
same

if they were serious about traveling to multiple systems, professions, or playing with more than 6 people at once or whatever, they would've done it already. it would be barebones and look ugly as hell, but it would be playable.

and if they're actually serious about all that, then it's not in because they can't figure it out after 4 years.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

lol like that's stopped them before

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

when derek says "read my blog" or "go to my forums" or whatever in response to a question, all i see is hillary clinton saying "go to my website"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

considering that their fans will lap up whatever poo poo dribbles out of that godawful patcher, 2.6 must be frighteningly awful

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

i hope it comes out and is terrible just so the streamers have to play it

merry chrismas, you filthy animals

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Decrepus posted:

Chris is a software guy not a hardware guy.jpg
he's neither

he's an ideas guy and his ideas are all derivative or boring

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

missed the stream because of our office holiday luncheon, but the last 600 posts of tviv-style reaction were magical

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

hell hath no fury like a true believer scorned

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that the monitor was already broken in some way

there are a distressing number of fat men wearing undersized shirts in that livestream

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

XK posted:

I found some behind the scenes video of CIG's Holiday Stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4mVMXj9hw
that is the craziest poo poo

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

oh man i hope i don't know anyone who died in that because i'm laughing my rear end off now

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Samizdata posted:

My dream game would be tentatively called Night Mayor. You start out as just an every day bad guy, and you slowly accumulate assistants and gang members and you start working your way up the food chain, murdering, blackmailing, kidnapping and threatening your way towards eventually controlling the vast city's underworld. All the while, other players are doing the same.

Barring that, I would be happy with a 40K MMO. (I want to get down in the trenches against Necron, Tau, Chaos and more.)
night mayor is the name of my hair metal band plz do not doxx

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Uh, :same: with this too actually. This isn't their work is it? Who Michael Bay'd their naked space lizardmen?

:psyduck:
if chris roberts steals anything from micheal bay, it would be an improvement

i'll take bay's surrealist action insanity underpinned by a love of west side story's cinematography over roberts' creatively bankrupt banality any day of the week

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

fuctifino posted:

2 dead, 11 injured, 3 seriously

I googled after laughing at the video.
apparently that was up near baltimore so i think i'm good. and i should hope it wasn't in nova because they put down so much salt and that liquid pre-treatment stuff it was like driving in a desert on the way home from rogue one last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

DapperDon posted:

I noticed that too. I am glad I just put All Terrain BF Goodies KO2's on my truck a couple weeks ago. Driving through Tysons Corner is a nightmare when the roads get slick. I think Beer is up in Bmore though, so stay safe.
oh man don't doxx beer plz