Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

Does anyone else think EA is bad?

I liked when they released Starflight, back in '86.

Battlefield 1942 was good too.

So that's two good ones for sure. Oh, Starflight 2 was good also. So 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe

intardnation posted:

I wonder if Sandi is the leak because she is tired of how long this taking to get her career off the ground?

Yeah, it's like her career's just flat on its back.

And being restrained.

And tickled.

By a wheezing German in a costume.

Republicanus fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 16, 2017

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe
http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/23/massively-ops-best-of-2017-awards-most-likely-to-flop/

The Massively OP staff pick for Most Likely to Flop in 2018 or Beyond is…

STAR CITIZEN

Blood in the water.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe
Soon tm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWMPe3wF9jQ&t=43s

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe
Good afternoon to all the SC fans who impotently read this thread and furiously post about Derek Smart and Goons "ruining everything'.

I want you all to know who you are railing against, at least in part. You should know that Goons are not monolithic in any real sense of the word. We've numbered over 190,000, of which there might be a couple score of thousands that post regularly.

Most of us are here because we like to laugh or have friends who are funnier than us with whom we like to hang around.

Let me tell you about who I am. I am a guy whose businesses in Star Wars Galaxies brought in tens of millions of credits a week. I supplied bounty hunters with exploding droids optimized to knock out jedi because it was hilarious.

(We had to unfortunately have a rule put in that restricted using landmines in our city because it was affecting the bottom line. It nearly did not get put in because of how funny it was to watch people randomly get exploded by residential landmines. )

We were very successful at humor. We made bank because we found things funny as gently caress to do with people.

With that as a preface, let me tell you God's honest truth. You guys are not only hilariously fanatical about Star Citizen, you are also loathsome. On top of that, you are as a population, about the least self-aware I've encountered outside of people still attending Eckankar seminars. Plus - you'll probably get a bunch of OLD Goons to start planning poo poo to do to you.

You are a wonderful bunch of targets. This is not going to change. This is something you should realize and see how it undergirds nearly all of the posting in this and the preceding threads - you guys are worthy of our attention because you are remarkably and stunningly stupid. You guys deserve to be griefed.

We want to laugh so hard at the crushing of your dreams - either through the failure of CIG/RSI's ability to stay open, or the failure of CIG/RSI's "product" if somehow a crippled version lands in your snot-encrusted fingers.

I want them to optimize the gently caress out of the models and reduce the poly count by two orders of magnitude so that CIG/RSI will shove a shitpile out the door that can handle thirty or more players - because I want to buy in and make a business to grief every one of you until you quit in a snot-bubble-blowing rage.
I want the game to come out with enough mechanics to allow me to make a business empire to create the machine to kick your rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZWXPaiM0s&t=53s

I need a good laugh.

PS> We do ruin everything - for laughs.

I hope this helps. I also hope this gives you an aneurysm.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

What is the name of that real money MMO?

It used to be called Project Entropia but was renamed to Entropia Universe.

EDIT tax

Cat
Thing

Republicanus fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Why do you love these horrible rape-fish?

Those aren't dolphins. Those are ocean yetis.