Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Solomonic posted:

Come back to the thread, Karl

why would he come back, he'd just get banned/probated by the new mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:siren: MOD CHALLENGE RESULTS :siren:

Three people were voluntold to perform in the Star Citizen Cookie Mod Challenge, and three more volunteered. Of the voluntolds two decided not to participate and are subsequently doomed to be probated. The third, Xarael, valiantly put up a fantastic entry and won the drat thing with cat drugs. Of the three volunteers two put up entries and Tijuana Bibliophile demonstrated he was more of an ideas guy who couldn't execute.

TB I'm basically saying this is you.

Entries
Tijuana Bibliophile: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=6579&perpage=40#post466842586
Spacetoaster: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6602#post466881818
Fatkraken: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6596#post466866029
Xarael: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=6599&perpage=40#post466875469

So, the aftermath:

Tijuana Bibliophile will be BANNED for his inability to make cookies.

Xarael has the option to select another cookie maker (Spacetoaster, Fatkraken, or himself) to also be banned. Alternatively, because Beet and I are arbitrary and capricious, we agree that if Xarael wants he can choose to UNBAN Tijuana Bibliophile.

These decisions will be implemented as soon as Xarael decides and we get around to it.

Do you think that this challenge improved the thread and cut down on random off topic shitposting?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Orions Lord posted:

On a positive note, the backers are paying the salary for about 300 family's worldwide.

And it's almost Christmas.

Sucks that most of the peons will be working through christmas though

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

nawledgelambo posted:

I'm Ben's body telling him he is one krispy kreme away from a devastating sepsis binge and impending heart failure

please stop stalking ben online jesus christ

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

spacetoaster posted:

This popped up on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/811045627891068928

Ben should leave the glasses on.

"This popped up on twitter" really guys, I don't read through every tweet made by a CIG employee, this just magically popped up for me, what a coincidence

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

SirPhoebos posted:

wait what?

some people in this thread can't handle the lightest bit of trolling without losing their minds apparently

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

I.N.R.I posted:

Good job on pwning them mercilessly. I would do the same in your position. I would like to use the rest of this post to quietly condemn doxxing, which can ruin the lives of the victims and their families, and request that this thread refrain from doing it in the future

Yeah 2 bans for doxxing in the last 2 months and people defending the person who got banned both times says a lot

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think it's pretty telling that Star Citizen is so devoid of content that this thread can spend a full day talking about how creepy that guy was on a livestream that had nothing to do with SC.

Might also be that this thread is so obsessed with SC that you'll look for anything, anything at all to talk about to the point that people are doxxing random SC streamers

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

It's creepy that some people hate ben so much that they're planning to harass his wife over social media

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Gotta love the priorities of the mods in this thread, posting "woah don't doxx people" = probations
posting "this cig employee is ignoring my harassment, guess i gotta harass his wife instead, am i right guys?" = this is fine

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I can't change how people feel and its unfortunate many of you feel that way. I was just countering the assertion that "nobody here is threatened by the game". There clearly is some bad blood here.

Some people feel like their decision to get a refund or the opinions they've made many posts on for years will be invalidated if anything even remotely positive comes out of the star citizen community. Its a classic sunk cost fallacy.

Its why we get so many kneejerk posts. Like someone posts a tweet "Star Citizen is shaping up to be a great game" and like 3 people trip over themselves to say "its not a game smug"

"we"? you've only been here for a day apparently

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Beet Wagon posted:

For gently caress's sake you guys, how hard is it to just put ArfJason on ignore so you stop taking his incredibly lame bait?

Maybe you should close the thread for a while when nothing is happening with CIG, so that the people who are so obsessed with posting can learn to take a break

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

MeLKoR posted:

SEA PATROL

The new Grim Hex bar looks great.

Gotta link the thread too https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757384

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

DapperDon posted:

I do not think I would be able to not make endless fun of someone like that. After all these years and no game, not one single backer can claim they were bamboozled. None of this is new and if you are still throwing money up Crobberts nose, then you deserve every single thing that happens to you at this point. I mean after all there is a SUBREDDIT dedicated to star citizen refunds for christsakes!

If you would seriously risk your job just to make fun of a citizen then you might be spending too much time in this thread

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Sabreseven posted:

Hmmm, been out all day/night so I've apparently missed some funny stuff happening :(

I can tell it's funny because MoMa, Lazrin, Arf and some random people have all been in here causing a distraction (some randoms get a free pass though as they're prolly just curious) :D

CIG missed their dinner date on purpose with PCG again didn't they? LOL!!! I'm sure they'll be some more stuff tomorrow, in fact I'm 100% positive there will be :)

Nah nothing super funny happened, CIG did indeed miss their date but all the posts are cause yet another person got banned, can you guess why?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no. I was asking Ben for answers about the WC:A project. When he mumbled non-answers. ala Chris, I suggested talking to Mrs. Ben.

NOT random employees there. (I refuse to acknowledge them as "workers".)

So, yeah, don't be a Redditor, eh?

quote:

NOT random employees there. (I refuse to acknowledge them as "workers".)

quote:

When he mumbled non-answers. ala Chris, I suggested talking to Mrs. Ben.

That's even worse! Wtf do you not see how hosed up it is to even suggest that?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

BigglesSWE posted:

He must know how sad he is, right?

Almost as sad as stalking the social media account of a CIG employee to post random tweets from their life that have nothing to do with CIG whatsoever

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Has any other single thread on the rest of the forums ever led to as many bans for doxxing as this one?
I wonder what makes it special

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

thatguy posted:

For any FYAD reading, people weren't actually hunted in real life.

From an outside view, the way you guys invoke FYAD as a boogeyman is exactly the same as the way SC people do it with derek smart

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Sappo569 posted:

It still boggles my mind (as does everything related to this ) that the backers aren't up in arms over Sandi

She gets paid what I can only imagine is way more than a marketing exec would normally get paid , plus is allowed to earn a paycheque doing all sorts of other projects

And unless she is working 22 hours a day there is no way she is putting in a full days work mon-fri at the cig office while filming her indie movies, tv shows, And varied other appearances

Get this, maybe it's only the obsessive weirdos in this thread that care so much about the personal lives of CIG employees

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

trucutru posted:

BTW, they have an updated version of our favorite graph

Now how many of those games at least had an actual release date after 5 years in dev

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Corn Nuts posted:

This took me way longer than I expected

Started hearing the music from that old mountain climber game in the price is right

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Baxta posted:

When it all goes pear shaped, it'll be because of goons, derek smart and fake news. They will never accept it was just terrible management. CR will probably pop up again in 10 years and these guys will throw more money at him.

10 years?
CR could shut the whole thing down and fire everyone tomorrow and just say "but if you keep giving me money I'll keep the dream alive" and be set for life I'd imagine

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

I can understand them standing on their chairs, but how do you mess up so bad that they're standing with their knees bent too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Loving how like 90% of the bugfixes are this thing "should" be working