Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Mighty Mouse 26 83.87%
Meth Man 5 16.13%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
i am watching this on my tablet while playing an unrelated party game; non-MMA fan assessment of Ryan Hall: "that hairy guy fights like a housecat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Sprecherscrow posted:

He's more like if Paul Harris didn't do steroids and wasn't a retard.

eh, palhares used his insane strength to wing huge punches at people and heave them to the ground, which was an added dimension to his game

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Cutelaba has aged the Joe Riggs way.

He's from Moldova, I think their 22 is everybody else's 40

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I feel like Cannonier's hands are a lot better but Cutelaba is doing a good job of mixing it up and making the fight chaotic, so Cannonier can't unload

e: I especially like Cannonier's jab, it looks like it really sucks when he lands it

e again, because nobody is watching this or posting: did Cutelaba headbutt to the body? wtf

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 4, 2016

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
omg

e: I think Cannonier lost the decision, and I think he might have been able to finish if he had thrown hands instead of wasting the last minute of the fight walking him down and mocking him

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Is Cannonier Jewish? Is he an African American Jewish person from Alaska? I'm aware that this question might be construed as racist but I am honestly confused by the sheer improbability of his demographics.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
TKO (foot stuck in fence)

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I haven't been able to follow this card really closely but what I have seen has been pretty good or at least hilarious

e

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm surprised this is the first time we've seen a foot stuck in the cage.

You could kind of see if you looked closely, his foot was crushed down in the gap and then his big toe was looped up in the cyclone fence, he couldn't free it at all

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Ariza posted:

I can't believe we get to see Cowboy vs Brown. That's going to be painful

I love the concept of a fight between two guys who have granite chins and glass ribs

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
obvious deduction despite Stann's weepy bullshit, Cejudo has a responsibility to not throw illegal strikes

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Rigel posted:

19-18 Cejudo. If Benavidez somehow takes round 3, this should be a draw. Otherwise this is Cejudo's fight despite the foul

I think Benavidez is landing more effective shots, but Cejudo's aggression and control of the center is winning points

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I wish this was five rounds.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I think Benavidez won it by outstriking Cejudo, but he did it moving backwards so who knows what the judges saw, even with a deduction

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i saw 1 punch in round 2 that looked like it remotely bothered cejudo

significant strikes don't count if the fighter smiles and shakes his head after

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
"the odds are against him. when you beat so many fighters, eventually, you have to lose a fight"

I'm not sure that is how odds work, Tim

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Wise Learned Man posted:

lol did Tim whiff a soccer kick after MM fell down?

he totally did

he won that round but he looks like he spent everything doing it

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Stann saying that was the most challenging round DJ has had at flyweight...
what about when Mighty Mouse and Uncle Creepy fought to a draw? Are we disregarding that?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
29-28 Mighty Mouse

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Chexoid posted:

Isn't this basically what Dodson hosed him up with when they had their first fight? That fight would be pretty interesting at BW.

Dodson caught MM with his left as MM was switching stances, which was how he put him on his rear end

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Queering Wheel posted:

Tim needs to land a bomb. Props to him for putting up a good fight but it's been all DJ since the 1st

39-37 so far.
Elliot has been putting up more of a fight than anybody expected but he's spent rounds 2-5 on the bottom fighting to survive sub attempts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Tonight we learned the key to beating MM on the feet is to be a spazzy little snot.

I had to go back in time with archives to confirm that I remembered this correctly, but at UFC 172 Tim Elliott confounded Benavidez for half a round with insane kamikaze methhead striking. Finally Joey B. dragged him to the floor in a mounted guillotine and used his legs to trap both Elliott's arms, so that Elliott had to tap by thrashing his legs in a horrific panic. IMO surviving to a decision with MM shows he has improved dramatically since then, but I think the combination of being huge for the division, durable, and stupid/fearless is good for him.

• Locked thread