Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Mighty Mouse 26 83.87%
Meth Man 5 16.13%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Cutelaba punched the ground really hard

He was hitting the Autozone logo like it owed him money.

Fight owned, especially Cannonier going full T-1000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

Is Cannonier Jewish? Is he an African American Jewish person from Alaska? I'm aware that this question might be construed as racist but I am honestly confused by the sheer improbability of his demographics.

My guess would be Black Israelite if only because he referred to God as Yahweh.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Well, that's a new finish to add to the books.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bubba Smith posted:

I wonder if ol Jake E can get that overturned to at least a no contest. Masvidal was on his way to winning but that's a cruddy way to lose a fight.

I don't think anyone, Herb Dean included, feels that the fight should be a TKO, but the way that the rules are written, I could see this standing of appealed. The cage didn't malfunction, Ellenberger just had mondo poo poo luck.

Honestly, with how often guys shove their foot into the gap to defend takedowns, I'm surprised this is the first time we've seen a foot stuck in the cage.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I love that Max Holloway says his nickname as a part of his own name every time, without fail.

Also, if Anthony Pettis fucks things up for us, I will pay a barber in Milwaukee to ruin his fade.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

How is Cejudo allowed to fight with Lego hair attached to his head? Seems like a rules oversight.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Le Saboteur posted:

This fight seriously has no fuckin chill.

Finally TUF bad blood is resulting in a fight where the dudes actually seem to hate each other.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Le Saboteur posted:

One judge scored all 3 rounds for Cejudo and one scored all 3 for Joe. Bizarre.

Flyweights move too fast to score.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Tim Elliott's defense was really impressive, especially in the 4th with the RNC and kimura/armbar sequence.

Mighty Mouse might be the most impressive fighter I've ever seen because of his ability to adjust, identify his best path to victory, and execute to perfection.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Tonight we learned the key to beating MM on the feet is to be a spazzy little snot.

There was an episode of Smart Guy where the kid beat a computer at chess by doing weird, outright dumb moves that just confused the computer's logic. That's how things felt on the feet tonight. DJ is so good that abandoning any sense of technique will briefly fluster him because he's used to fighting humans, not gibbons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

fatherdog posted:

The Palm gets lovely attendance for a lot of shows and there often isn't a reason why

In this case it's likely because unfortunately MM is not nearly as popular as he should be, but it happens when there's no readily apparent reason too

Going back a few pages, but I'd guess because the Palms is off-Strip. Both the MGM and the new arena are right there but you'd have to take actually make an effort to get to the Palms. Nobody wants to pay a surge Uber fare for the possibility of a dogshit Fight Night. Unfortunately, those people missed a gnar as hell main card tonight.

• Locked thread