Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I will say that ROH frantically reached out to me to complete some paperwork from the time years ago when I did work for them. Seemed a little out of the blue, but maybe if they're looking to get their ducks in a row...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

roque.... im sorry

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I will say that ROH frantically reached out to me to complete some paperwork from the time years ago when I did work for them. Seemed a little out of the blue, but maybe if they're looking to get their ducks in a row...

Your show covers re gonna be on the network

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

WWE feverishly working on a way to make sure they have the Bucks locked up for 2 years but don't have to pay them a competitive salary.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

Your show covers re gonna be on the network

Ugh I should have held out for more money!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"I want the Hardys at WrestleMania, dammit!"
"Vince, they're under contract to Ring of Honor until May. To have them at Mania, you'd have to... ...I dunno, buy Ring of Honor or something."
"THEN DO THAT, GOD DAMMIT!"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BrianMaxMann/status/844741838321963008

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

"I want the Hardys at WrestleMania, dammit!"
"Vince, they're under contract to Ring of Honor until May. To have them at Mania, you'd have to... ...I dunno, buy Ring of Honor or something."
"THEN DO THAT, GOD DAMMIT!"

I want this just so Jerry McDevitt and WWE's legal team can skullfuck TNA's lawyers

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

didn't meltz say the newest bucks contract is a joint deal with new japan? depending on how it's structured that might be their out of an acquisition, if one occurs, if they want an out

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
This news is extremely bad. Hopefully dalton, lio, and the bucks get out of their contracts

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I really don't want TNA to outlive ROH. They don't loving deserve to.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

schweens posted:

This news is extremely bad. Hopefully dalton, lio, and the bucks get out of their contracts

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says promoters have been notified Dalton Castle's deal is up in a few months

rovert posted:

Gabe edited out the Lio mention but I screencapped it like a creep https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/840979617959796736

Super No Vacancy posted:

didn't meltz say the newest bucks contract is a joint deal with new japan? depending on how it's structured that might be their out of an acquisition, if one occurs, if they want an out

Seems like it'll be pretty easy for all of them (Bucks maybe most difficult)

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

schweens posted:

I never want to see what WWE would do to Dalton Castle's character. I have a hard time believing they'd do any good for Lio Rush or the Bucks, either.

edit: Thank gently caress it looks like they all have exit routes

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Chris James 2 posted:

Seems like it'll be pretty easy for all of them (Bucks maybe most difficult)

That's good to know. I'd hate to see more cool wrestlers stuck in 3 minute Raw matches or having their momentum killed in nxt

Thanks for compiling the news. I've been so out of the loop lately

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
WWE buying Ring Of Honor would pretty much kill my interest in pro wrestling outside of CZW.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

This is a really roundabout way for Triple H to get the Beer City Bruiser in NXT but the heart wants what it wants.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
A few months back WWE did a survey about possible changes to the Network and one of them was adding ROH and/or TNA library for an extra $5 a month.

I would pay that for the ROH library on demand. The only downside is it would mean another thousand or so "retro recappers".

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ROH is trending the way of the dodo as it is with delirious on board

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Personally heard about it a few weeks ago but those who I asked played it down mainly citing ROH going legal with WWE re: possible contract tampering.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

ROH is trending the way of the dodo as it is with delirious on board

Tell Meltzer https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/842216151069392896

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
This story is most likely B.S. Even if there's anything going on it's probably just WWE calling Sinclair in other one of their attempts to own everything. It will to the way of the WWE buying TNA talk from last year.

This likely explains why all these wrestlers have been leaving ROH. They don' t want to go to WWE. They've heard rumblings of talks so they're all jumping off before they would end up getting tied down to WWE in a sale.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Roque11 posted:

This story is most likely B.S. Even if there's anything going on it's probably just WWE calling Sinclair in other one of their attempts to own everything. It will to the way of the WWE buying TNA talk from last year.

This likely explains why all these wrestlers have been leaving ROH. They don' t want to go to WWE. They've heard rumblings of talks so they're all jumping off before they would end up getting tied down to WWE in a sale.

So.....the WWE isn't buying ROH, but the wrestlers are all leaving ROH so they don't end up stuck in WWE when ROH is sold to WWE.

:eyepoop:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's BS, but the people employed by this company I love so much are stupider than I am, believe it, and are panicked and abandoning ship

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Roque11 posted:

Fucktard

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

leave roque alone he is under my protection

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

Checks out https://twitter.com/SI_ExtraMustard/status/844704519996956672

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Waitwaitwait okay someone help me here.

I get why WWE might want to buy ROH, especially for stuff like Styles, Joe, Bryan, Aries, and hell, maybe even Nigel retrospectives for all I know. I get how/why ROH is having financial issues. I am, however, a little confused as to how/why this stuff is indicative of that happening (except the Young Bucks thing, I think). Someone help me figure out the moving parts with all of this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well there's a ring, and there's Honor. you put two and two together and who knows what will split the difference right up your alley. Vince mcmahon

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

SI.com: What is so appealing to you about the New Japan “strong style” of wrestling? Are you considering working there full-time?

O’Reilly: The New Japan “strong style” is what made me fall in love with the sport all over again. It is the use of legitimate technique in a setting that is conducive to making what we do believable and realistic. A sports-like presentation and background coupled with believable wrestlers has allowed me to put forth a body of work of which I’m very proud. Wrestling for New Japan has given me a platform to truly show what Kyle O’Reilly is all about and it provides the greatest visual representation of my style. The knowledge I gained from the legends there is invaluable and the respect shown from the fans is humbling. I would absolutely consider working there full-time and hope to eventually end up back there. Whether that is in six months or six years remains to be seen, however I definitely have unfinished business in NJPW.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Roque11 posted:

lmao

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

Roque11 posted:

Don't necessarily think this story will come true or anything but it would make more sense that they'd go to Evolve BECAUSE they want to go to WWE, not to avoid it. EVOLVE works with WWE the most closely out of any US indy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Delirious's exit strategy is Glory Pro https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/845038294404661248

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm going to assume Delirious threw someone else under the bus when whatever Elgin's problem was was actually his fault and this will come back around sooner than later.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I just assumed Elgin would book Glory Pro himself. Has he even run a second show yet?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

I just assumed Elgin would book Glory Pro himself. Has he even run a second show yet?

*Joke*

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's really dumb that ROH never forgave Elgin after he jobbed out in PWG when he was champ. His run in NJPW has been really loving good and he's over as hell

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
To be fair, Elgin was also doing weird poo poo like claiming he wanted to play minor league baseball alongside wrestling at the time. I think having a kid really mellowed him out and got his head straight.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

To be fair, Elgin was also doing weird poo poo like claiming he wanted to play minor league baseball alongside wrestling at the time. I think having a kid really mellowed him out and got his head straight.

Can you imagine how terrifying it would be to block the plate against a charging Michael Elgin under the previous rules

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Can you imagine how terrifying it would be to block the plate against a charging Michael Elgin under the previous rules

"Man that Ewok is running awful fast."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The first time I saw Elgin, I misread "Unbreakable" as "Unremarkable" and I wondered why he gave himself such a disparaging nickname.

• Locked thread