Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Maybe if they can somehow get Cena and the Hardys as opponents.

So, never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

How much did he draw to the Cow Palace? 3000?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I hope ROH does do 10000 with Cody in the main event because if they can draw 10k New Japan can do so easily as well.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also because if ROH tries to do 10000+ they'll fail horribly and that will be funny.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They can definitely sell out MSG but Cody will have to blow his entire inheritance to make it happen

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible in Lowell, I guess I have to go to another ROH show.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible in Lowell, I guess I have to go to another ROH show.

If you get there early the church next door has parking

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Did RoH actually have its best ever buy rate? That sounds questionable as hell to me

But I'm sure they could "draw" 10k just like NJPW and WWE can draw 150k to any show they want

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Did RoH actually have its best ever buy rate? That sounds questionable as hell to me

But I'm sure they could "draw" 10k just like NJPW and WWE can draw 150k to any show they want

I think ROH's biggest house recently was Supercard of Honor

which had a stacked card with the Hardys vs Bucks and was in the middle of Wrestlemania weekend

they only did 3500

(Albeit they ran against NXT and WWN Supershow)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I didn't hear the final number but Final Battle did better than expectations and probably ended up as their best number. People were attributing it to Cody and honestly it wasn't the dumbest thought.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
FYI MRT if you're looking at tickets still. When they did ASE last year, the hardcam was in the Balcony J section

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

roh is normie now so i entirely believe they just posted their best-ever house in orlando and their best-ever buyrate, but i dont think there are 10k wrestling-going fans in any american city if what the wwe does is sports entertainment

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you did roh vs. impact vs. wwn could you fill the allstate? with cody, the bucks, alberto, lashley and riddle on top of the card? maybe you get 8k if lashley and riddle were having a shootfight and roh somehow got kenny omega's only u.s. date for the year and enough people flew in for it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this whole calculus is gonna change in a big way when danielson is a free agent

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

if you did roh vs. impact vs. wwn could you fill the allstate? with cody, the bucks, alberto, lashley and riddle on top of the card? maybe you get 8k if lashley and riddle were having a shootfight and roh somehow got kenny omega's only u.s. date for the year and enough people flew in for it.

Given Impact's history of guys immediately being bigger draws when not working under their banner, ROH vs. WWN could do 10k and ROH vs. Impact vs. WWN would do about 2k.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what's NEW's best house? the one that always booked the hardys and mike bennett and cody and had random-rear end liger dates

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
If Daniel Bryan had his return match in ROH, could they sell out 10k?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Super No Vacancy posted:

roh is normie now so i entirely believe they just posted their best-ever house in orlando and their best-ever buyrate, but i dont think there are 10k wrestling-going fans in any american city if what the wwe does is sports entertainment

I bet there are 10000 fans in the NYC area or within driving distance who would come for the right card, but I can't imagine anyone ROH uses that could realistically draw that many or where they could run such a show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

what's NEW's best house? the one that always booked the hardys and mike bennett and cody and had random-rear end liger dates

Their baseball stadium shows do really well but I have no idea what the figure is

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
To get 10000, they also could book a show at a cheaper/older venue, do a super card, and charge < $20 for the bowl. May not make money but can get to that 10k attendance. Something like Bryan vs punk at all state arena in chicago/Rosemont.

Even if they did bryan's first match in Seattle, I doubt it would get 10k but I would go.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

NEW got around 3000 for their last big stadium show w/ Angle, Hardys, Lawler, Cody, and Liger.

Maybe you can try to cheap out with Alberto and lesser guys but going for 10k w/o Mysterio seems unwise.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
They could draw 10k if they booked a ridiculous show and didn't charge admission and scrapped iPPV and declared bankruptcy the next day sure.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

NEW got around 3000 for their last big stadium show w/ Angle, Hardys, Lawler, Cody, and Liger.

Maybe you can try to cheap out with Alberto and lesser guys but going for 10k w/o Mysterio seems unwise.

Run Rey Vs Cody and it might work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they'd need 6 months of promotions and sweetheart travel packages for fans. Plus they'd need to lock in talent contracts because WWE would most definitely poach if any other company tried to run MSG.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Didn't the initial tweet say a 10k venue "like MSG"? So really they could try to fill a cheaper 10k venue.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They can't run MSG anyway so yes it'd have to be a venue like MSG and it's not gonna happen.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/cast/kenny-2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha he cucked someone

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Are they still doing the Cabinet? If so they should end that and try something with this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Willninho posted:

Are they still doing the Cabinet? If so they should end that and try something with this.

Romantic Touch 1 and 2

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH hires a skinny white named Kenny that whenever he gets his rear end kicked, he yells STUNTCOCK and Kenny King replaces him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An9rWmoonfw

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
jay... your hair

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's good.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

didn't take you for a juggalo

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yeah, bard. Don't be a menace.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I made no declaration of the goodness or the badness of the hair, but merely proffered a simple declarative statement with no emotion one way or the other. I suppose that my jape could be construed as a negative due to an inherent tone, but alas, the sentiment of statements made on the internet is difficult to ascertain. verily,

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That's some good bardin' boy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Dennis_SCS/status/865736695047761920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

• Locked thread