Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

God damnit, Blarghalt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Archenteron posted:

I think we're in a sub-basement, and I see shovels leaning against the wall.

We've already got mysterious magical weeby furries and the annoying sidekick(?) five minutes into the game, Jesus Christ

If this is ever over, we'll find ourselves in core of the earth

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Just so far, there's a lot to hate about the characters, but I think Inumi is the worst. It's the awful outfit, how he looks dopey as hell, and just how utterly inconsequential he is to anything here. Like, sure, everyone is a sparkly origional character do not steal, but there's just something about Inumi in particular that makes him even worse.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

After 10 updates (12 if you include the crying garfield cafe), we're still in the first chapter, a shitton of words have been vomited out at us, and absolutely nothing of any real consequence has happened, other than Klace (the self-insert) is dead, and we're being sent to some lovely world.

This story seriously needs an editor. A good 90% of this could be shortened by a lot or cut entirely.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Olive Branch posted:

Back to Major\Minor... Even with the flowchart I still can't tell what the hell the intrigue between Tiger Drumpf and Furry Gilgamesh is regarding espionage, mercenary work, planting evidence, and sending mail to two "assassins". Can someone do a newbie summary of this, please, and why we should care and where Rabies McCoghead fits in?

You should care deeply about this shadow conflict between these two because

And as for Rabies, he's extremely important because

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Righty, because tweedle-dee and tweedle-bumblefuck are just awful

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Inspired by the Rabies fanart, and how (in the LP) we're stuck in this tavern and dealing with the immigration of Rabies into this crappy world full of garbage intrigue, I imagined what would happen if Terra were only slightly less shittier and backwoods:

And here's a bonus thing that's really more the level of lazy mspaint quality that I'm usually spitting out:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Yep. Like, it's supposed to be Rabies' point of view, but it doesn't even try when it comes to scenes that Rabies could never actually witness.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I swear, the game's presentation honestly has gotten worse with this update. It wasn't really good to begin with to be fair, but still.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

I'll take a wild guess that we're moving from 999 towards Danganronpa.

It's more that we're moving from Persona 4 and towards 999. Except after we discovered that there's this underlying murder mystery in Furry Tokyo, we're explicitly told who the killer is. At this point, I'm expecting an announcement from a ~mystery voice~ who almost blurts out their real name telling us to seek a door with a 9 on it.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Cathode Raymond posted:

I may have lost track and this may have already been explained but do we know enough about how death and travel between Tokyo Earth and Terra works to say with any kind of certainty what all those murders really were? I know that Rabies "died" but was really just summoned to Terra by the Assassin's Guild, so that seemed to solve that mystery, but he went through the arc I guess also, and most puzzling was that Kila was there too, and then they both died on Terra and wound up in Tokyo somehow, so when Max murders Rook will Rook be transported to Terra? How does any of this work?

Honestly, I've lost track on how the mechanics are supposed to work, and I really want to ignore everything that's happening with Terra because it's terminally stupid and boring. Furry Tokyo is as well, but at least you get actually amazingly stupid things like rigging the building to explode to protect the people inside the building

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

inthesto posted:

Major/Minor hurts us all in different ways :shobon:

I want to hurt this game, but I can't hurt it the way it hurt me

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

The entire thing has been so terminally boring, that I've been trying to look for something...anything to happen or just something to focus on. So at a loss, I'm hung up on the loving guitar that the professional guitarist in a band apparently can't play.

In middle school, I played the string bass. I wasn't actually really good at it, and I dropped the thing once I got into high school, but I'd generously consider myself kinda okay at it if I put my mind to it. If I decided to pick up the violin and try playing to it, I wouldn't be good, but given what I remember from playing the string bass, I'd at least be able to grasp the basics really quickly, given how the string bass is essentially just a giant violin.

Meanwhile, here's a professional goddamned guitarist in an apparently world famous band that has owned this bass guitar for an indeterminate length of time has no idea on how to play it? loving bullshit. No loving way you could ever buy that. Like, if they were a drummer or whatever, then it's vaguely plausible. But in this instance? Yet another thing that Klace has no loving clue on how it actually works.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Cathode Raymond posted:

Basically:

1) Maxine killed everyone who is dead

2) Maxine is going to kill everyone else who hasn't died yet

3) Terra and quantum summoning mishaps had nothing to do with the murders, it was just a rogue arms dealer on a routine killing spree (see #1)

4) The weasel and the bird monster might gently caress at some point, hopefully off screen

I genuinely hope that Maxine starts killing people soon. Like, god drat.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Can the game just please skip to the part where Max murders everyone? Especially Kila?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Fantastic! Let's kill Kila, like it's not even worthy of discussion. The only regret is that we can't kill both.

Oh and, besides just straight up murdering people, Max also wants to play weird-rear end lovely death games, like a budget ripoff of Jigsaw or even Zero from the Zero Escape series. I was half expecting that Klace would just have Rabies try to find a door with a 9 on it, or talk about Decision Games or something.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Is there even a choice?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Geomancing posted:

Either Nagi is prancing about on the tiniest legs ever, or he is secretly Peg Pelvis Pete.

Also the 90s were a very stressful time for the Velasquez family.

I thought the hot topic twins were awful designs to begin with but holy moly it gets worse. That art is fantastic though.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I honestly struggle to define this as a game, even for visual novel standards. You're technically given choices that are supposed to make an impact on the game in some way, but in practice, it means jack poo poo. Really, all that's happening here is that words are being vomited in our faces while the developer is trying to make us care about these cardboard cutouts that he's propped up. And to make sure we're awake, he gives us really simple binary choices whose consequences boil down to a tool-tip saying if our arbitrary decision was correct or not so the game can vomit more or less words at us.

All the while, nothing is loving happening.

Christ.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Kila, a character who we didn't even care about, isn't even the actual character we didn't care about.

Why are we supposed to care?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

And so CogGolbez learns the terrible truth.

He *is* the Power Crystals.

But if he is the Power Crystals, then who is the Holy Maiden?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Mechanical Ape posted:

No, I refuse to accept any more characters in this story. We have enough. I've reached my cap. Starting now I'm pretending Sam doesn't exist.

No! There must be more characters! More fursonas! More word vomit! More and more backstory for Kila! :unsmigghh:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

So everything that has to do with the Terra plotline thus far has been entirely pointless, and have absolutely nothing to do with whatever plot that the hot topic twins are involved in, because it's clear that they're the actual villains.

Oh, and Rabies is dead. Rip the Dark Lord. He never completed his quest for the power crystals and the holy maiden.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

The Hedgehog's Dilemma, now probably featuring an actual hedgehog.

How about replacing a hedgehog with a sentient cog?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

God loving damnit, Blarghalt. Why are you doing this to us and yourself?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Starship Arcadia posted:

Well, I'm caught up now.
"Faced him in the eyes", though? faced him in the eyes

This "game" might be absolute garbage, but the amazing fanart almost makes the whole thing worthwhile

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Geomancing posted:

...When was the last time the player actually got to choose an option other than 'hit spacebar to progress to next screen of bad writing'?

Killing Kila.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Flip a coin

Both of these characters are bad, like everyone else. Even worse: this isn't a choice to kill one of them. Flip a coin.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I thought of how Eddie(not Kila) talked about how Rabies drove Kila to suicide or whatever, and this was the first thing that popped in my head:

Remember me Eddie?! When I killed your brother, I looked JUST LIKE THIIIIIIIS!!!

XavierGenisi fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 21, 2017

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Ah, yes, the fabled magician gatekeeper! Who I'm pretty sure is only here at this point because Klace reached this point in the game and realized that he forgot to include someone's fursona.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Also you know that your story is poo poo when the hot topic twins are the real heroes for murdering everyone they come across.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

This. loving this. How in the goddamn gently caress can anyone see the Hot Topic Twins as the very goddamn image of perfection?!

How

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Well, it's nearly the end, so clearly there has to be some sort of climax to.....something I guess. This entire thing is a disjointed mess that's trying to wrap everything up by introducing loving EVERYTHING at the eleventh hour after making up bullshit for the entire "game". There's so much horseshit here. It's almost too much to process. And the end is going to be just as nonsensical and idiotic as everything else. But in the meantime, I asked myself: "what would the eventual finale look like if this entire mess wasn't supremely garbage?" Well.....

The laws of the universe mean nothing.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I hate you for showing this "game" off. And I hate this absolute garbage fire. I want to hurt it but I can't hurt it the way it hurts me.

God damnit Blarghalt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

What bothers me about both endings, is on how ridiculously, improbably perfect they are. No one is allowed anything short of the best, happiest possible ending for whatever the big picture is. Even in the "Bad" ending, everyone lives happily ever after with what they're stuck with. There's no nuance or anything. And then the "Good" ending takes it to a ridiculous extreme. Everyone ever comes back to life, have their happy ending, becomes super successful and cure all diseases. Maybe they eventually die but they lived an extremely good life, etc etc etc.

Sure, you got games with super happy endings and what not, but after this awful slog of a loving game, the endings come off as entirely insufferable more than anything.

Blarghalt posted:

And here's something special to top the LP off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zm-9mTnFuk

No one knows for sure what happened to Rabies after that, but it is believed that he found himself in another dimension, having been roped into yet another utterly inane plot

• Locked thread