Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Why are Rabies and the squirrel sharing a room?

Why is the news in English?

Why does a king allow elections to be held for his office?

Why doesn't the king just kill the usurper for treason?

Just why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Rahonavis posted:

I'm a children's' book illustrator who specializes in animals, and my professional opinion is that every single character design in this thing is a loving disaster. I might do an effort post about the specific reasons why they're disastrous later (besides the obvious, "look at this poo poo"), but for now good God-drat these tails! I look at Kila's floof tornado and my eyes water. Learn anatomy!

As far as the lovely writing and story, I can't be the only one having flashbacks of Twisted. I'm linking to the Let's Read thread because it was a hell of an experience to be in on the ground floor for. I also cannot, in good conscious, make anyone read it without the commentary. See, Twisted is the tale of a man who learns he's really the chosen one of another world destined to return there, shed his lousy human disguise and transform back into a badass red dragon roller-coaster train with all kinds of rear end-pull powers and a cool leather coat and magic sword, defeat his evil counterpart, and save the universe. So far Major/Minor is starting to give it serious competition in the :magical: department.

I had completely forgotten about Twisted, nor did I recognize the name until you mentioned the roller-coaster dragon. Thanks for digging up memories of that abomination.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's pretty hilarious that Klace's own brother had to find out he's dead via eavesdropping band members in a limo.

A limo he apparently lives in and never leaves.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Really Pants posted:

which anime is that

I think that's the alternate title of Star Wars.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Doseku posted:

But i'm trying to figure out what a proof of concept for a visual novel would look like.

It's has pictures and words.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Blarghalt posted:

As of this moment, you're a trespasser. In clear violation of the law, Singe. How would that look on your record?

You're bribing me...?

No, I haven't gotten to that part yet. Singe, if you don't let us arm this place? I'll have you charged for trespassing.

But I've paid for a lease! That's not how it works, Max. It's a legally binding contract.

Wait. Does Klace not know the difference between bribery and blackmail?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So why does Max bother to hide her voice? Only two people can set off the bombs, and everyone knows it's not Singe, so anyone with half a brain should know who the killer is now.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I've read every update in their entirety and I still have no idea what the gently caress is going on.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

RA Rx posted:

If Squenix would just stop making lightning games and make a FF7 remake (cost and other excuses aside) they'd have a chart topper on hand.

Uh. They are.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The way I see it: visual novels can be games, but not all are. Another term I've seen is "kinetic novel". I don't know what the difference is, but apparently they're not quite the same.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Aren't the WoW siblings... siblings? Why would they say "my love" like they're lovers? Is there incest going on in this story?

Edit: Also, what was the point of Sam if the "assassins" were going to come anyway? Would it be too hard for them to go down into the dungeon?

PureRok fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 29, 2017

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Maple Leaf posted:

Klace is delivering exactly what he promised: characters lie to you. The twist is, there are so few things being said that are true that you can never know when you're being told the truth. Part of the game's "suspense" is second-guessing every single thing you're ever told.

It honestly feels like the entire story was written as a stream of consciousness and there were no subsequent drafts. Just the way things are brought up and then dropped later, forgotten about, or even contradict themselves.

Everyone lies because the writer can't be bothered to remember what was even true.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So is the whole headaches when time traveling thing a reference to The Butterfly Effect? Because I think it is. Also, what was the point of that scene?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well, I was skeptical before, but after this update I'm certain Klace has never interacted with another human being, nor ever left his house. Or padded cell. Whichever.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
"He pats me on the back and jumps on the top of the carriage. I guess he'd be giving directions to the "drivers". Moments later, Reiyo exits the Tavern doors."

Do the people who live here not know where the KING OF THE PLANET lives? Also, why is drivers in quotations? Are they not real drivers?

Also everything else was dumb, too.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Also, if god dude can kill people while suspended in time and remove them from history why didn't he just do that to the two bad guys?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
How do you tell when a furry is blushing? So many times Klace said they're blushing, but how would you know? Their face is supposedly covered in fur, right?

Does fur on the cheeks start turning red like a tomato?

Or does his nose glow like Rudolph?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So this still doesn't explain why Vasqaroony stabbed himself a hundred hours ago.

Also everything else was dumb and made no sense. I mean, you can't just make up that story and introduce a plot hole for that story in the next line.

"They were running out of power."

"They could create infinite universes."

:crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Why does the bar/immigration office exist in the good ending if the Exodus project never happened? I thought he built it as a sort of "Well, I hosed up. Sorry. Have booze." Which also didn't make sense to begin with either, but...

• Locked thread