Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012
Oh boy, this game. My roommate randomly showed me part of this chapter and the chapter before (apparently he was farther along, but the game updated with so much, it ended up deleting his old save???). Regardless, I'm glad this LP exists if only to satisfy my bile fascination with this awful game.

GeneX posted:

I'm putting in a formal request to replace blue chipmunk with the equivalent blue trash can in all future updates.

Seconded.

Also, when anyone segues into the murders, all I can think about is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

blankd posted:

Shoe whatever-that-guy's-name-is

Absolutely magical :allears:

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012
The preview blurbs of The Tower Towers were enough for me to turn right the gently caress around. Man, what superfluous writing.

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012
Online Random Number Generator told me to go with dumb cat and stupid dog: professional rear end rear end ins

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

Curus Keel posted:

:bravo:

Klace revealed the villain of his next game. It's also a self-insert. And for crying out loud, it's also a fur dragon. If the two games end up with the same distribution of cast, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Less of an Inquisitor, more of a fighter/barbarian kind of look. Really seems like he's using "inquisitor" to sound cool.

"This powerful antagonist will probably be getting in your way a lot."
"... haha or not I haven't finished the story yet :v:"

Also, I'll take one pupsicle :3:

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

Mechanical Ape posted:

We'll never be free of Kila because, as has been foreshadowed, we have each other's contact information, so he'll probably call every five minutes to share theories and gush about his new best bear pal.

Good thing there's no reception in Terra! :buddy:
... There is no reception in Terra, right?

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

tiistai posted:

I know it's late to complain about it, but when you construct a sentence like this? It's called a dependent clause and you don't use a goddamn question mark to separate it from the main clause, for gently caress's sake.

What is up with Klace's comma allergy

So I was about to defend Klace's use of dependent clause questions as excusable in dialogue, and then I went back to check myself. Ugh, it's like a bad verbal tic.

It feels as though there are supposed to be dialogue trees and PB is just repeating our questions before responding to them (which is rather anime tbh), but then they were taken out. All that's left is bad worse writing.

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

inthesto posted:

Looks like this thread's favorite game dev has released footage of the first few minutes of his new game. I'm not gonna hold it against anyone for not clicking on it (and in fact I encourage that behavior), but for those of us who are incredibly masochistic, let's see if you can spot:

- Hideous abuse of the passive voice
- Technically correct but still inappropriate use of the word "custodian"
- Characters magically learning each other's names without introducing themselves
- Inability to distinguish between singular and plural possessive
- Dialogue running around in redundant circles while the characters are in the middle of a wildfire
- More bullshit "powers" that are alluded to but don't actually do anything
- Anything else I might have missed because I'm not watching this loving thing a second time

This is how it starts? Ugh :nallears:

And an interactive vision of some future... trying to get information to change your own future ? I think? Is this supposed to be like VLR?

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

Curus Keel posted:

No matter, because I'm crazy curious, I archived every single part of that story. So now you can compare and contrast to your heart's content.
Dear god, I feel like I've been cheated, and the game isn't even out yet. This is what his pitch turned out to be? This 6 minute masterclass of trash? You have got to be loving kidding me.

Reconnaissance is my favorite brand of crazy curious.

But don't worry, this game is "better than Major/Minor." - Klace

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

Alacron posted:

I can assure you that there is plenty of M/M fanfiction.

Like, thousands, if not millions.

I can't tell if you're just being serious or not (I also made the mistake at first), but:
Major/Minor = M/M != M/M fanfiction

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm (not actually) going to look for M/M high school AU fanfic:buddy:

Also, I am somehow bored to tears by that picture.

Edit: Damnit, don't look at me like that

Leamonde fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 12, 2017

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

Blarghalt posted:

Check out stores for Rocker's posthumous release, Ain't Got No Time (For Guitar).

My favorite quip of this update :allears:

Also... siblings? Really? I'm surprised, but only because there's absolutely nothing unifying them appearance-wise!??
I know this is Klace "proper-pacing-is-for-losers" Lambert, but this single update takes the cake for unsifted garbage.

Leamonde fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 3, 2017

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

inthesto posted:

The writer has, by now, proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he has his head stuck too far up his own rear end to make any serious attempt at proofreading. For example:

This is the very same writer describing a character getting out of bed

:sigh:
People are paying money for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

Speaking of - I guess Rook's horrible secret is that he spends all of his time chatting to one of those social experiment bots? But Kila's isn't out. Kila still has potential to become even more horrible.

I think so, though I was briefly under the impression that it was a bot Rook had made himself because that's just the type of game M\M likes to play.

I am curious to know what Kila's deal is, now that we know that he's a giant poser, but I'm not convinced that we won't find out regardless if we kill him or not.
At any rate, kill whichever takes us to the True EndingTM
...There is one of those here, right?

• Locked thread