Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

I'm taking another go at running an online game of Fantasy Flight's Star Wars system! This time I'll be using one of the official modules released for the line, in an attempt to take some of the GMing burden off me and let me react to you the players in a quicker fashion.

This adventure takes place in the Ferra Sector of the Outer Rim. An Imperial captain is leading a force to take over the planet Xorrn and its manufacturing facilities to further the Empire's ambitions. The player characters must assemble enough defenders to stall the Imperial assault long enough for the main body of the Rebel fleet to arrive. This mission is on a ticking clock; and planning out how long it will take to travel to various other systems and convince various groups to join the defense effort is vital.

The game will be run through Discord, primarily via text, but if everyone happens to be online all at once, I'm not opposed to playing some things out over voice chat. The Discord channel can be found here

Character applications (and OOC questions) will go here in the thread. Character creation will follow basic rules, but after creation, grant yourself 150 XP and 1000 more credits to buy supplies, gear, talents, etc. Age of Rebellion careers are preferred, but if you make a good case for it, I'll allow Edge of the Empire or Force & Destiny stuff. Note: I don't want any super-powerful force users in this campaign; Force Sensitivity and a power or two is fine, but no Lightsabers, no beelining down F&D Spec trees to get to the Signature Abilities for them. Official supplements only, please.

Recruitment will run til shortly before Christmas, and we'll actually get the game underway after the holiday itself; I don't want to take up anyone's family festivity time with silly dice.

We have our player roster!

Hanaib Altaz played by Mustache Ride
Jek Lawquane played by Not Keyser Soze
Craal Dumann played by Waffleman_
Malt Kegan played by Werix
Rresiki played by Axqu
Keith played by John Dyne
Mina Thon played by Fuzz
Krikkat played by karmicknight

jivjov fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

CirclMastr posted:

Posting interest, though I've only played EotE to date. I'll have to read over AoR to get an idea for character creation.

The systems are all completely intercompatible (barring a hair of early-installment-weirdness with how Lightsabers worked in EotE), so if you're familiar with EotE, you'll be good to go with AoR.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna be a blue pilot guy.

Try to keep him more on the Teal side of things.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

thatbastardken posted:

interested, but I have no experience with Fantasy Flight Star Wars

The game hinges on narrative, so if you like telling a story, we can teach you the game-y bits as we go. Hit me up on Discord sometime and I'd be happy to walk you through chargen, and I'm sure others in the channel would give you some pointers too.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Iceclaw posted:

Posting interest, but I know next to nothing about discord and am on GMT+1 time zone, so it's probably not a good idea, isn't it? :smith:

Drone posted:

Also posting interest and also in GMT+1... I assume you're going to be running the Discord as if it's just a PBP, right? Considering no timezone is listed in the OP. I've never done a text-based game that didn't have a live, scheduled time and wasn't just PBP.

Tenatively thinking a pilot, or some kind of supporty guy?

My goal was to treat it like a PBP, just hosted on the discord. Given how global the goon community is (and just look at all the apps so far; they're from all over!) trying to arrange live sessions just seems like it would artifically limit the player pool and just be more stressful than its worth.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Werix posted:

So just saw Rogue One, and now I so want to make something for this game. I've played little EotE, but no AoR, so I gotta look over the available races and classes.

You can use any of the species options from any of the three game lines. And if you can justify working for the rebellion, you can even run an EotE career if you want.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is it too late to submit a concept?

Go for it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
This is the final call for applications. You have til midnight central (about 6 hours from now) to at bare minimum declare interest. Picks will be made tomorrow evening or Monday morning, depending on how long I am trapped at the in-laws

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
We have our player roster!

Hanaib Altaz played by Mustache Ride
Jek Lawquane played by Not Keyser Soze
Craal Dumann played by Waffleman_
Malt Kegan played by Werix
Rresiki played by Axqu

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Okie dokie; the holidays are past, its time to have a Star War!

All five of my players should now be flagged as such on discord, and able to post in the Game1 channel. Try to keep game-specific OOC stuff in this thread (or in the general discord), if you need help with Discord related stuff, PM me here or on discord (or the other Admins) and we can get you all sorted out. I'll make an initial prompt post in the discord shortly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Werix posted:

Sorry, I'm going to have to drop out of the game. A lot of great games went up this month, I applied to a lot of them, and got into more than I thought I would. I'm having enough trouble keeping up with my forum games, and this Discord stuff while interesting just doesn't seem to be clicking with me. I'm in the habit of checking the forum, but not Discord.

Sorry, but thanks for giving me a shot!

Its cool man; life comes before games.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

Mina Thon - Mandalorian Gadgeteer/Modder from the Viszla Clan

Mandalorians often work alone, and Mina is no different. A member of the dwindling Viszla clan, she wanders the galaxy, looking for work suitable for a Bounty Hunter with her particular skillset.

Finally got around to adding everyone to the OP!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Reopening recruitment for one more character. Any former applicants still want in? Any newcomers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
End Chapter 2! +25 XP to everyone (+45 total to karmicknight). Updated sheets go here!

• Locked thread