Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So just saw Rogue One, and now I so want to make something for this game. I've played little EotE, but no AoR, so I gotta look over the available races and classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Malt Kegan, Former Imperial Technician

Engineer-saboteur

Malt has been destined for service in the Empire from before birth, well sort of. He was certainly destined for Galactic Civil Service. Serving the Republic went back in his family quite away. His father was a Guard in the Republic Senate, his grandmother was a shuttle pilot for the senate, his great-grandmother was a valet for a former Chancellor, and the list goes on. it was just Malt's poor luck that he ended up coming to age in the age of the Galactic Empire. Still, that didn't stop him from going off to the Imperial Academy to do his civic duty. While there he excelled at engineering, particularly building engineering, and he was attached to an Imperial force to build and maintain fortifications.

His early years were not so bad. Most of the actions he was being sent on were ones to worlds that were actively resisting the Empire. Hell, some of them were even CIS hold outs that managed to remain free even ten years into the Empire. Malt wasn't a combat engineer thankfully. Most of his job was in constructing modular garrisons dropped from orbit. Preparing the terrain, fitting the pieces together, getting all the wiring and generators set in place. good, honest work.

Then about five years ago Malt's force was finally done with pacification actions, and instead was being used for planetary defense and long term garrison actions. This was finally his greatest challenge, since most long term fortifications couldn't be accomplished by drop and build prefabs, but actual construction. Doing masonry, installing long term plumbing, digging out foundations, real honest construction. He felt he was doing his part to make the galaxy better.

Until they had him build the slave labor camp.

He didn't know that was what it was at the time. The plans were titled "Standard Imperial Prison Template 22-V." When he asked his commander what was being built, he was told that it was an internment camp for dissidents. Having spend his career fighting dissidents, he didn't question it further. Then they started shipping in the Wookies from off world. He was told they were being sent here so as not to cause a hassle at home. Then they brought the younglings, and he was told the Empire did not want to tear the children away from their parents. Then the slave collars, and the beatings, and the labor gangs in the near-by mines, and the trucks being loaded with dead Wookies almost daily. By then the pretense of it being an internment camp was all but abandoned. It was Slave labor, pure and simple.

Malt couldn't stomach it. Back home on Coruscant he had known quite a few aliens, and while he didn't agree with the Empire's anti-Alien stance, he had sort of put it to the side, since he never saw anything. Well he sure was seeing it now. The guilt ate away at him, and finally he did something. See, the benefit of having built the prison, and countless other garrisons, is Malt knew Imperial design. He knew standard foundation depths, power cabling placements, as well as materials an their standard load bearings, shock thresholds, and melting points. He used that knowledge to cut power to the camp, collapse a few guard towers, and crumble three walls with well timed and placed explosives, freeing the Wookie laborers, his final act collapsing the near-by mine.

He was able to quickly get in contact with the Rebellion, who could use someone with his knowledge and skills. He has used them in liberating others from Imperial Bondage, and fights for the hope of a government that won't use anyone as slaves, much less slavery based on ones species.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Sorry, I'm going to have to drop out of the game. A lot of great games went up this month, I applied to a lot of them, and got into more than I thought I would. I'm having enough trouble keeping up with my forum games, and this Discord stuff while interesting just doesn't seem to be clicking with me. I'm in the habit of checking the forum, but not Discord.

Sorry, but thanks for giving me a shot!

• Locked thread