Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That was certainly a Thursday night game featuring a team which fired its coach just 3 days ago.

Seahawks clinch the NFC West and stay alive for a first-round bye. Nothing else of note happened in the game, unless you're into players concussing themselves on stupid plays.

Also the NFL did a literal Key and Peele reenactment:

https://twitter.com/whoisjoserivera/status/809619641290981376

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Let 👏 Michael 👏 Bennett 👏 perform 👏 his 👏 seductive 👏 dances

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Benne posted:

Seahawks clinch the NFC West

A feat of very little impressiveness this season

man that division went to poo poo fast

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Those uniforms owned gently caress the haters.

Clinched the division :toot:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Bad Moon posted:

Those uniforms owned gently caress the haters.

Clinched the division :toot:

hooray :woop: please don't let it be a first round exit!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Word. They've only competed in 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Ah, gunning for the AFC East's crown I see.

I guess maybe you've won it over the short term. Good job.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Duke Chin posted:

hooray :woop: please don't let it be a first round exit!

Not to worry, they'll probably get the bye

So it'll be a second round exit

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

shirts and skins posted:

Not to worry, they'll probably get the bye

So it'll be a second round exit

hooraaaaaaaaaaaaay a second round exit

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Febreeze posted:

Not our fault the other owners are morons. :shrug: :hawksin:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Please Roger, don't make me ever watch Rams football again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Febreeze posted:

This year definitely feels like a throwback to the mid-2000s Seahawks teams where we'd win a trash division with a flawed roster, squeak out our guaranteed home game, and then bow out in the next round.

Only we might still get a bye, so our playoff road humiliation would come in the Championship game instead of the Divisional round.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 16, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

and only got heartbroken in 2 of them!

The Hawks are a solid but flawed team that can't play for poo poo outside Seattle
The Cardinals got old as gently caress and are in for a rebuild as Bruce Arians slowly goes insane
The Rams are probably going to hire some retread poo poo and go 7-9
The 49ers are competing for quite possibly the worst team crown

it's amazing how fast poo poo changes in the NFL unless you're the Patriots or the Browns

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Febreeze posted:

it's amazing how fast poo poo changes in the NFL unless you're the Patriots or the Browns

These are for the same reason, though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Personally I'm waiting for the full story about why Pete Carroll had his punter run a fake while three scores up before I make any conclusions

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

shiksa posted:

Personally I'm waiting for the full story about why Pete Carroll had his punter run a fake while three scores up before I make any conclusions

Because gently caress the rams.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Schwack posted:

Because gently caress the rams.

In other news

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/809614849416237056?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

gently caress the Rams

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shiksa posted:

Because "bobble the ball, trip, and get knocked the gently caress out" is the kind of crazy unlikely option that only happens in Seahawks primetime games.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shown Below: The Seahawks winning the NFC West

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Even the colors are right! (49ers are the pink princess here)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shiksa posted:

Speaking of minorly interesting things I'm curious what Sherman was supposedly screaming at Bevell about on the sidelines it that tweet someone posted in the GDT is true.

I mean, there are lots of things Seahawks fans want to scream at him about undestandably, but a defensive player in a yelling match with the OC isn't a normal thing on NFL sidelines.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

shiksa posted:

was there an interview where he said he called it? there was literally nobody in front of him in like a 20 yard x 50 yard box

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Grittybeard posted:

Speaking of minorly interesting things I'm curious what Sherman was supposedly screaming at Bevell about on the sidelines it that tweet someone posted in the GDT is true.

I mean, there are lots of things Seahawks fans want to scream at him about undestandably, but a defensive player in a yelling match with the OC isn't a normal thing on NFL sidelines.

Carroll said he and Doug were talking and that set Sherman off or something. He was super cagey about it.

https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/809638741308387328

Sherman wasn't so reserved.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 16, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Carroll said he and Doug were talking and that set Sherman off or something. He was super cagey about it.

I hope he's not so dumb that he really believes throwing on the one is always a bad idea. It isn't like our line can run block.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lmao Rick is shook as gently caress

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Super Bowl interception traumatized him so bad he can't see a pass in the red zone without having a ptsd episode.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I kind of want a Seattle Green Bay divisional round now

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Especially when they ended up scoring from the 1 on a pass play anyways.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

If it's good enough for NE for a decade it's good enough for Seattle :colbert:

Chichevache posted:

I hope he's not so dumb that he really believes throwing on the one is always a bad idea. It isn't like our line can run block.

He probably heard "throw it to Kearse" and I mean what sane man could say nothing to that madness.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Schwack posted:

Um, didn't they score on a pass on the next play? Wasn't that when the corner just decided gently caress it I'm not doing anything and left his guy all alone or am I forgetting that sequence?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans bitch

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

He probably heard "throw it to Kearse" and I mean what sane man could say nothing to that madness.

It would own if this outburst was all about how much Jermaine Kearse sucks. He's the fifth best receiver on our roster, maybe sixth. Baldwin, Graham, Lockett, and Willson are all better. Paul Richardson and Tanner McAvoy probably are as well.

Grittybeard posted:

Um, didn't they score on a pass on the next play? Wasn't that when the corner just decided gently caress it I'm not doing anything and left his guy all alone or am I forgetting that sequence?

Yeah, a fantastic pass to Sherman's Stanford team mate, Doug Baldwin. All of our scores tonight were on pass plays.

Hell, we have Jimmy loving Graham. What are we paying him for if not to pull in jump balls in the endzone?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chichevache posted:

It would own if this outburst was all about how much Jermaine Kearse sucks. He's the fifth best receiver on our roster, maybe sixth. Baldwin, Graham, Lockett, and Willson are all better. Paul Richardson and Tanner McAvoy probably are as well.

Yeah, a fantastic pass to Sherman's Stanford team mate, Doug Baldwin. All of our scores tonight were on pass plays.

Hell, we have Jimmy loving Graham. What are we paying him for if not to pull in jump balls in the endzone?

Jimmy let a ball get taken out of his arms.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Did I just watch a man die?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
The oline was more embarrassing than usual, but I don't see how you don't even give Rawls a chance to score from the 1. Why give it to the old as gently caress FB?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also wasn't LA down to like their 5th string DB at that point?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Jared Goff looks like absolute hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

swickles posted:

Also wasn't LA down to like their 5th string DB at that point?

The DB whose life Doug Baldwin ended was apparently on the PS 3 days ago

• Locked thread