Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The Eyes Of My Mother, from first time director Nicolas Pesce, is a movie that I've been unable to stop thinking about since I saw it weeks ago. The trailer gives a good sense of the style of the film. Here's an official plot summary:

In their secluded farmhouse, a mother, formerly a surgeon in Portugal, teaches her daughter, Francisca, to understand anatomy and be unfazed by death. One afternoon, a mysterious visitor horrifyingly shatters the idyll of Francisca’s family life, deeply traumatizing the young girl, but also awakening some unique curiosities. Though she clings to her increasingly reticent father, Francisca’s loneliness and scarred nature converge years later when her longing to connect with the world around her takes on a distinctly dark form.

I won't say too much about this other than it's a gorgeous and horrifying movie that every horror fan needs to see. As I said in the horror thread, it's like a brief, beautiful glimpse of hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2adx_ScA8

Official website

It's currently playing in some theaters and also available to buy on Amazon Video, iTunes, Google Play, and a whole bunch of other places. It's well worth the $6.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

No clue what this is.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Just a friendly reminder: watch this loving movie!

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The Eyes of My Mother comes out on Blu-ray on March 7th. Currently it's $17.23 to pre-order on Amazon.

I don't think the special features have been announced yet.

• Locked thread