Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
:siren: UPDATE :siren:
Round 5 - Ashy Larry Vs. Deacons of the Deep (Feat. PSWII60)

Ashy Larry no scopes the pope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Small audio de-sync between hearing punches and seeing punchesin the beginning of the video. Also - do you not know about the torch removing the bleed buildup from the zombie worms?

double nine fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 30, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

double nine posted:

Small audio de-sync between hearing punches and seeing punchesin the beginning of the video. Also - do you not know about the torch removing the bleed buildup from the zombie worms?
It's probably just precluded by the gimmick, since I'd asked about bows previously (even for just shooting inaccessible things down) and he wasn't using those.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'm pretty sure you canroll through the bleed proc to "dodge" the damage. Unless they patched that out at some point. But I doubt it because they never patched it out of Dark Souls 1.
I mean, I could be wrong because I never thought to do it myself but I remember other people mentioning it's in the game.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
If a new fist weapon appears in the dlc will you use it? Also will we be getting a death reel of sorts or is it not that interesting.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Torches aren't for punching. Also yeah the audio is donked a bit, fuuuuck

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm pretty sure you canroll through the bleed proc to "dodge" the damage. Unless they patched that out at some point. But I doubt it because they never patched it out of Dark Souls 1.
I mean, I could be wrong because I never thought to do it myself but I remember other people mentioning it's in the game.
I'll have to try that later. If there's anything I've learned from this LP it's that I'm usually wrong about things I say.

hanales posted:

If a new fist weapon appears in the dlc will you use it? Also will we be getting a death reel of sorts or is it not that interesting.
If I do the DLCs I plan to grab any new fist weapons there to play around with, but I hear the only DLC one so far isn't that cool. I also considered making a reel of a million deaths to the Deacons, but decided against it. I might do one later for a special occasion.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Party Bug posted:

If I do the DLCs I plan to grab any new fist weapons there to play around with, but I hear the only DLC one so far isn't that cool. I also considered making a reel of a million deaths to the Deacons, but decided against it. I might do one later for a special occasion.

So a million and one times to some random abomination in the corner of a room? :v:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
The first DLC is kind of meh. It's fine, certainly not bad, but the bosses would likely be an exercise in tedium for this run.

I'm hoping they bring back the bone fist or something cool like that for DLC2.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ashy Larry is basically this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3udie4cjRM

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The dex version of swole, is lithe and therefore an anime fighting game character :v:

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Round 6 - Ashy Larry Vs. Abyss Walkers (Feat. Wayne)

Featuring POPE LARRY DLC

Nalesh posted:

The dex version of swole, is lithe and therefore an anime fighting game character :v:

Still waiting for FROM to patch in my airdashes, COME ON MIYAZAKI

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
You mention three swamps, the Crucifiction Woods, Farron Keep, and the Consumed King's Garden.

But there's actually a fourth one that I think should definitely count: The one below the Profaned Capital.

But yeah, nice job on that AW fight. Usually kills me at least once before I get them, so winning on your third attempt is really good considering you're using an arcade stick.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Well done, that additional commentary was good and informative.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

hanales posted:

Well done, that additional commentary was good and informative.

Aww, thanks! :hfive: I was definitely excited to be part of an LP where my 1000+ combined Dark Souls and King of Fighters hours would be relevant.

Also, after going on that spiel about not having command grabs in Souls, the Darkwraith killed Larry with one. :doh: You can actually do that grab with the Dark Hand "shield" in 1 and 3, but in 1 it doesn't do any damage (but does drain humanity, and can be safely used on NPCs). There are also grab spells, like 1's version of Undead Rapport and Soulsucker from Demon's Souls.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Perseverance is a poise buff and damage reduction. I use it all the time to tank hits on big slow enemies and just keep wailing. My favorite use is to tank the twin prince's revive explosion and just keep going. Really cuts down on the length of that fight.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

IGgy IGsen posted:

You mention three swamps, the Crucifiction Woods, Farron Keep, and the Consumed King's Garden.

But there's actually a fourth one that I think should definitely count: The one below the Profaned Capital.

It's also pretty swampy on the floor of the Cathedral.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

You're asking people what they think of the Souls series and I'll be honest Dark Souls 2 is my favourite. Yeah it's not Dark Souls 1 but it still kept the essence of it. Plus I also like set bonuses since I play a lot blizzard games so the gear stuff I enjoyed.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
:siren: Special Documentary :siren:
Ashy Larry: The Making of a Champion

I've gone too deep.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Oof, I hope we're able to find someone's phone coverage of that matchup.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

This LP is all anyone could have asked for.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Round 8 - Ashy Larry VS Yhorm the Giant

In which we zone.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can we get more stage music? That's excellent.
Yhorm should go home and be a family man.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The Fallen Knight set might look cool but wearing canonically piss-stained pants just isn't worth it

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Ashy Larry vs. Pontiff Sulyvahn

Here's a short update before I'm off on vacation.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

PUNCH THE POPE

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
This is my favorite DS lp because it is technically impressive but also it is so...punch so much.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
UPDATE
:siren: Round 10: Ashy Larry Vs. Dancer of the Boreal Valley :siren:

don't call it a comeback I've been here for years.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
ouch

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
God drat.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dancer might need to be banned from competitive play

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So I know we aren't there yet, but after completing the DLC, ummm. Well. It might get a little tedious for a fist only character.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

you might want to consider the dark hand. IIRC it damages the dancer about 200 per swing. And it's a fist weapon.

e: about the grab attack: I started doing a lot better at those after watching a few youtube tutorials. I've already completed the game but just seeing someone else play differently helps to get out of bad habits that build up during play.

double nine fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 23, 2017

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Round 10: Ashy Larry vs. Aldritch, Devourer of Gods

I finished Persona so I guess I should update my LP now.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 26, 2017

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Link got mangled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86s2DezI_g8

Fantastic as usual Mr. Bug.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Also the song is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yw0wHQx9A by one of the McElroy brothers.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

If you're hung up on the DLC just do it as ashy leslie, who is a range character or stabs everything because she's a crazy cultist.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I'm bad at links, thanks.

Bozart posted:

Also the song is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yw0wHQx9A by one of the McElroy brothers.

Oh poo poo I forgot to post this, this owns.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Round 11: Ashy Larry Vs. Dancer of the Boreal Valley

Reminder that Guilty Gear Rev 2 demo comes out tomorrow. Download it so you can practice your combos alone for a month think you're good and then get blown up by netplay Sol on day one.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 30, 2017

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Good job at dealing with the Dancer's Boreal Install shenanigans. Its command grab is bullshit, but seeing you bait out the unsafe Gunflame at the end there was great. You deserved a higher seed imo

(This LP is good and I like it a lot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
:siren: Do you like updates!?!? :siren:

This was actually going to be the April fools episode but we recorded it literally the night of and I didn't have time to do anything with it was hella drunk. Also it's bad.

but so is this LP so here you gooooo Street Fighter V: Story Mode

• Locked thread