Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

TheDarkFlame posted:

When I saw this in the other thread I was kinda blown away. I can't play this game with a real controller, and you fought a boss unarmed basically with one stick and two buttons.. How.
So, since I have an arcade stick I decided to actually try it. It's harder than with a pad for sure and takes some getting used to. The biggest hurdle is not being able to control the camera. I use the right stick to fiddle with the camera way more than I thought. Since arcade sticks are digital that is a minor problem too. But you just tap that thing, really. Aside from that it's not toooo bad once you adjust to that. But there are some boss fights that I can only imagine will be really tough. I'll be sticking to my trusty old DS4 for now.

Genocyber posted:

I was slightly disappointed when I realized you were doing post commentary. :\ Still real good stuff. Godspeed OP.
Live commentary is for casuals and people who like hearing the constant clacking of arcade sticks (Seriously, have you ever used one? For that reason alone I'm glad it's post commentary)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Party Bug posted:

No double taps, but I think I figured out a way to do it. I'll have to show it off later.
Not sure if you're trying to say that double taps are somehow not possible on an arcade stick, but you absolutely can set the jump to work like in Dark Souls 1 (sprint, release sprint, tap again). You just need to set it to do that in the options. Because that's how I've been jumping in every single Souls game.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Dark Souls II does indeed have the best Punching. I hope the Dragon Bone Fist will be back because I like Dark Souls IIIs feel more than IIs and I really want to use it in this game..
For all its faults Dark Souls II probably had some of the most fun weapons.

Re: Jank Souls - I've heard Demon's Souls being called a cheap Dark Souls knock-off by people who started with Dark Souls. But looking at some of the so-called Souls-likes that have been released it's actually a pretty good Dark Souls knock-off. I can definitely see why people would think that when going back to DeS, though.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I'm pretty sure you canroll through the bleed proc to "dodge" the damage. Unless they patched that out at some point. But I doubt it because they never patched it out of Dark Souls 1.
I mean, I could be wrong because I never thought to do it myself but I remember other people mentioning it's in the game.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

You mention three swamps, the Crucifiction Woods, Farron Keep, and the Consumed King's Garden.

But there's actually a fourth one that I think should definitely count: The one below the Profaned Capital.

But yeah, nice job on that AW fight. Usually kills me at least once before I get them, so winning on your third attempt is really good considering you're using an arcade stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Zore posted:

I think you mean May 20th, not July.

Or is Evo taking two months off? :v:

The 20th is a Thursday in July anyway.
pbug needs to git gud at dates either way.

• Locked thread