Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I wasn't sure what was happening when I read the description so I watched a video.

This is amazingly awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Kess-tuss

Are you going to get other fist weapons as well like the demon fist and duel wield for true punchiness?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Party Bug posted:

The plan is to use the Demon Fist for parrying, I'm not sure it's an actually viable weapon (if it's anything like the Ceastus it isn't).

It scales on int and faith so probably not great for this run. If you infuse the caestus with a heavy gem it gets an A in strength scaling so that might cut down the boss fights by one or two hits.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Deformed Church posted:

Hi, I'm the person you were talking about who doesn't really like Dark Souls 3! It just sprays bits of 1 at you at basically fanservice level, and doesn't really have it's own identity. What's more, it doesn't offer DS2 anything at all, bar a couple of vague item mentions and a few scattered giants, which just makes the callbacks feel even more hollow, yet it still somehow manages to screw up a lot of the more interesting ideas about DS2. And you say it has combat more like Bloodborne, but I found it was mostly the enemies who had it like that game, whereas I was still just playing as a slow-rear end Dark Souls character.

note: all my opinions are bad and wrong because DS2 is my favourite and also I played DS3 at sub-30 fps too, so my whole Dark Souls Experience is really bad.

I agree with everything you said, but I still prefer the gameplay of 3. I went back to scholar and it felt rough. Just like when I tried to go back to DS1 from DS2. I do wish they'd brought more quality of life stuff back though.

Tallgeese posted:

DS2 is the best Dark Souls, because it had the best punching.

Hard to argue with this. How could they not bring back the bonefist and vanquisher's seal?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
If a new fist weapon appears in the dlc will you use it? Also will we be getting a death reel of sorts or is it not that interesting.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
The first DLC is kind of meh. It's fine, certainly not bad, but the bosses would likely be an exercise in tedium for this run.

I'm hoping they bring back the bone fist or something cool like that for DLC2.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Well done, that additional commentary was good and informative.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So I know we aren't there yet, but after completing the DLC, ummm. Well. It might get a little tedious for a fist only character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Link got mangled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86s2DezI_g8

Fantastic as usual Mr. Bug.

• Locked thread