Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if it was "hottest two stars" they'd probably just do cena vs AJ though they can't do that now it's going to happen like 3 or 4 times already. If they want to do "dream match" poo poo they have a variety of things they could do with mixing Cena, Undertaker, AJ Styles, Goldberg, and Finn Balor. As much as it will suck for AJ not to be headlining it will suck more to probably not get Zayn v. Owens as a headliner as the ultimate finale of their decades-long work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

the 2 best current wrestlers

Seth Rollins.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

hottest current stars

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

please keep seth away from AJ, I'd like AJ to actually be able to wrestle for the 2 or 3 remaining prime years he has left

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I'm not the biggest Seth Rollins fan but honestly who do they have thats a hotter full-time babyface at the moment? Honest question I haven't been watching much recently.

Its slim pickings out there, plus we've already seen AJ vs Cena, Roman and Ambrose

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

MinibarMatchman posted:

if it was "hottest two stars" they'd probably just do cena vs AJ though they can't do that now it's going to happen like 3 or 4 times already. If they want to do "dream match" poo poo they have a variety of things they could do with mixing Cena, Undertaker, AJ Styles, Goldberg, and Finn Balor. As much as it will suck for AJ not to be headlining it will suck more to probably not get Zayn v. Owens as a headliner as the ultimate finale of their decades-long work.
They've gone off half-cocked on Zayn/Owens so many times it'd be a wonder if there was any heat left, especially with the build so far.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I'm not the biggest Seth Rollins fan but honestly who do they have thats a hotter full-time babyface at the moment? Honest question I haven't been watching much recently.

Its slim pickings out there, plus we've already seen AJ vs Cena, Roman and Ambrose

If you wanted the hottest face in the company you'd pluck Nakamura off NXT and insert him in the Rumble to win, and face AJ Styles, but that's probably not gonna happen until like next year

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MinibarMatchman posted:

please keep raw away from sd

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The hottest face in the company is Goldberg.

Going by 'pre-WM 25' logic it should end in Goldberg beating AJ Styles for the title.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So when is Samoa Joe coming up? Because I feel like I'd love for Miz to issue an open challenge at Wrestlemania for the IC belt and have Joe come out to answer it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Professor Funk posted:

So when is Samoa Joe coming up? Because I feel like I'd love for Miz to issue an open challenge at Wrestlemania for the IC belt and have Joe come out to answer it.

When they brought Joe in, it was to live in NXT, like Asuka. Minds change, but I'd assume Nakamura debuts first.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

isn't the rumor that they're planning to put him in a program with strowman?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Endorph posted:

isn't the rumor that they're planning to put him in a program with strowman?

Im not sure if that's a rumor, but wouldn't it be tough to pull off right away? Even if they want Joe to be an enhancement talent (likely), he's going to need to win a feud or two when he comes up in order to do that effectively. I don't think he can do that if he's paired with Strowman right away.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

my guess w/r/t the whole Smackdown business:

-AJ retains at the Royal Rumble
-some Raw dude wins the Rumble
-Cena wins a #1 Contender's match at Elimination Chamber
-Taker wins the WHC at Elimination Chamber
-Cena retires Taker

easy

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Venomous posted:

my guess w/r/t the whole Smackdown business:

-AJ retains at the Royal Rumble
-some Raw dude wins the Rumble
-Cena wins a #1 Contender's match at Elimination Chamber
-Taker wins the WHC at Elimination Chamber
-Cena retires Taker

easy

I can accept this especially for the cool and good take that Cena keeps up the streak of never directly beating AJ. Makes too much sense because the Elim Chamber poster has AJ front and center and is missing the 6th man.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

I can accept this especially for the cool and good take that Cena keeps up the streak of never directly beating AJ. Makes too much sense because the Elim Chamber poster has AJ front and center and is missing the 6th man.
PPV posters have little to nothing to do with the actual show, though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

i dont really see the point in trying to draw a distinction between what some arbitrary numbers a company is heavily promoting as an important moment and a real(???) accomplishment in fake fighting like the undertaker's streak they only decided was a thing 8 years ago. this is a thing dorks on message boards care about not the average person who watches wrestling

they've been playing up flair's 16 titles since he came back in 2002, commentary has brought up the idea of john cena surpassing it every single time he's had a title shot for a few years now, and cena has been actively pursuing the record since he dropped the US title. it'll be a moment when it happens

I guess it'll be a moment, but Cena's 16th win is an inevitability because he's Cena, and Flair's an old-days relic at this point by virtue of most of his title wins happening elsewhere in places a lot of WWE fans have never watched. It won't be a "holy poo poo they actually did it" moment like breaking the streak was.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

I guess it'll be a moment, but Cena's 16th win is an inevitability because he's Cena, and Flair's an old-days relic at this point by virtue of most of his title wins happening elsewhere in places a lot of WWE fans have never watched. It won't be a "holy poo poo they actually did it" moment like breaking the streak was.

Added to which, Cena's still a draw for casual fans. (I think.)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
If I had to fantasy book

Styles (c) vs Nakamura (WWE championship) - Nakamura debuts during the Rumble, wins a #1 contender's EC for a shot at Styles. Honestly I just want to see the two best wrestlers in the world go at it in the main event of Mania.

Jericho vs Owens (c) (Universal championship) - Jericho wins the Rumble. Nobody deserves this more than Jericho this year, he's been stellar and the company should achknowledge this.

Cena vs Undertaker (Career match) - In the EC Undertaker gets Cena in Hell's Gate. Cena rolls up taker but is bleeding from the mouth. Gets pinned shortly after. Cena blames Taker for preventing him from making history at Mania, says he wants to do it by ending Taker's career.

Goldberg vs Lesnar - This is obvious.
Shaq vs Big Show - This is obvious.
Rollins vs HHH - This is obvious.

Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Sasha (Raw Women's Championship) - Whilst ideally I'd like Bayley to unseat Charlotte one on one, I also think Sasha's done too much work in the year to not be on the card. Bayley wins as the first person to beat Charlotte on PPV.

Ambrose (c) vs Miz (Intercontinental Championship) - This is for the Miz more than anything. I don't think anyone has improved as much during 2016 and he deserves a one on one match at Mania. Ambrose is there because he's a popular face and I think they can extend their programme to Mania without it getting too stale.

American Alpha (c) vs New Wyatt Family (Smackdown Tag Titles) - Randy is more compelling now than he's been since his match with HHH. I want to see this match in full.

Roman Reigns (c) vs Assorted Raw guys (US championship) - Reigns has to be on this card, I hate the guy, so this is the best way to have him on without stinking up everything else.

Preshow

Rich Swann (c) vs Neville (Cruiserweight Championship) - I am loathe to put this on the preshow. I genuinely think Mania should just be a show that is a rundown of every title the company has with a few extra matches, but with 9 titles that's just not possible. Whilst deserving these guys don't have the star power that's in the other matches.

Alexa Bliss (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Mickie James (Smackdown Women's Championship) - In a perfect world where I wasn't considering draw power as an (admittedly limited) criteria I would have this match instead of the Raw match. To me Bliss and Becky have outdone Charlotte and Sasha easily and I love Mickie James. They deserve to be on the show but there are so many people and such little time.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Whatever's left goes here.

To me the most egregious thing here is that the Raw tag titles don't get a match, meaning New Day are off but it's also easily been the least interesting championship to watch (aside from the U.S. title, but there's poo poo all I can do about Reigns).

It's also flawed in that there are too many matches, with 13 matches on the full card.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I did something like this last night and ended up with..

Cruiserweight Title Match: Neville (c) vs Tozawa vs Rich Swann vs TJP
RAW Women's Title: Charlotte (c) vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Nia Jax
SD Women's Title: Becky Lynch (c) vs Mickie James vs Alexa Bliss vs Nikki Bella
RAW Tag Titles: Sheamus and Cesaro (c) vs New Day vs Gallows/Anderson vs Enzo and Cass
SD Tag Titles: American Alpha (c) vs Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton
US Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs Braun Strowman
IC Title Ladder Match: Dean Ambrose (c) vs AJ Styles vs Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz vs Baron Corbin vs Samoa Joe
WWE Title: John Cena vs Undertaker (c)
Universal Title: Finn Balor vs Kevin Owens (c)
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg
Seth Rollins vs HHH
Big Show vs Shaq

Missing quite a few people though. Rusev, Sami, Jericho, others.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

As much of a monster they're making Strowman out to be, I am skeptical of giving him a main title match at Wrestlemania.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Is it too late to add a poll to the thread? I'm curious what everyone's prediction for something is:

How many matches on the main card (7-11 PM) will feature only full-time guys?

All of the following non full-time guys are possibilities right now: Cena, Taker, Goldberg, Lesnar, Big Show, Shaq(yessss), HHH, Rock, Kane, and Shane McMahon.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
AJ vs. Nakamura absolutely should be the main event this year. It won't be, but it should.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

God, they have to do something with Shane, don't they? I guess they'll feed him to The Rock or something.

e: also, is Kane really a part-timer? Thought he was always part of Smackdown's house shows and dark matches and that. I dunno. I'm guessing he'll be in the ARMBAR, anyway.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 5, 2017

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Venomous posted:

God, they have to do something with Shane, don't they? I guess they'll feed him to The Rock or something.

e: also, is Kane really a part-timer? Thought he was always part of Smackdown's house shows and dark matches and that. I dunno. I'm guessing he'll be in the ARMBAR, anyway.

I honestly don't know if Kane does house shows. I just assumed he was part-time since he's not consistently on Smackdown. I don't think Shane will get a singles match after getting KO'd at Survivor Series. I just listed it since he's still a possibility. If Shane wants to wrestle that badly just throw him in the battle royal.

If the Rock is able to wrestle it will be against someone major. gently caress it, have him put Roman over

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I'm pretty sure Kane and Big Show work house shows. They're huge attractions to casual fans because they remember them

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Vaguido posted:

AJ vs. Nakamura absolutely should be the main event this year. It won't be, but it should.

It would be great to watch but I dont get why it should be the main event this year. Shouldn't the main event have a lead up that begins earlier than the rumble? It would be sort of weird to have a guy just shoot up from NXT, win the Rumble then headline Wrestlemania.
It would be amazing, but it doesn't really make sense in terms of Mania booking

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

BWV posted:

It would be great to watch but I dont get why it should be the main event this year. Shouldn't the main event have a lead up that begins earlier than the rumble? It would be sort of weird to have a guy just shoot up from NXT, win the Rumble then headline Wrestlemania.
It would be amazing, but it doesn't really make sense in terms of Mania booking

It does if Nakamura is NXT champ at the time.

WWE claims NXT is the third brand, imagine how well you market the network when the top champ from the network wrestles at Mania.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If I had to fantasy book

Honestly I just want to see the two best wrestlers in the world go at it in the main event of Mania.

Okada is still in New Japan.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

MassRafTer posted:

I don't like his character as much as Styles.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I don't like his character as much as Styles.

Styles isn't the one who I'd take out of the top two, the guy I'd laugh at is the one who spent his 2016 napping. If I was going to hand out WM main events based on "merit" I'd be going with say, Miz before I went with Nakamura.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MassRafTer posted:

And Chris Hero's probably going to be in NXT for a while

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the main event's probably going to be Cena/Taker anyway, or whatever Cena's match is

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Here's how I see things going down, in descending broadcast order:

John Cena vs. The Undertaker
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg
HHH vs. Seth Rollins
RAW Women's Title: Charlotte (c) vs. Bailey vs. Sasha Banks
US Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs. BRAUUUUUN
World Title: AJ Styles (c) vs. Randy Orton (w/Bray Wyatt)
Shaq vs. The Big Show
Cruiserweight Title: Neville (c) vs. Rich Swann (this will get like 5 minutes)
RAW Tag Titles: Enzo & Cass (c) vs. The New Day
SD Women's Title: Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nikki Bella
Universal Title: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Finn Balor

Pre-Show
IC Title: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Samoa Joe
ARMBAR
SD Tag Titles: American Alpha (c) vs. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper vs. The Usos vs. The Hype Bros
RAW vs. SmackDown women's 10-man tag

Probably WWE will come up with something dumber in the intervening three months. I am pretty sure that both "world title" matches will happen during the first two hours of the show, though.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Food Court Druid posted:

Here's how I see things going down, in descending broadcast order:

John Cena vs. The Undertaker
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg
HHH vs. Seth Rollins
RAW Women's Title: Charlotte (c) vs. Bailey vs. Sasha Banks
US Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs. BRAUUUUUN
World Title: AJ Styles (c) vs. Randy Orton (w/Bray Wyatt)
Shaq vs. The Big Show
Cruiserweight Title: Neville (c) vs. Rich Swann (this will get like 5 minutes)
RAW Tag Titles: Enzo & Cass (c) vs. The New Day
SD Women's Title: Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nikki Bella
Universal Title: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Finn Balor

Pre-Show
IC Title: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Samoa Joe
ARMBAR
SD Tag Titles: American Alpha (c) vs. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper vs. The Usos vs. The Hype Bros
RAW vs. SmackDown women's 10-man tag

Probably WWE will come up with something dumber in the intervening three months. I am pretty sure that both "world title" matches will happen during the first two hours of the show, though.

I could see this being close to the actual card. Only changes i see would be Nikki vs Becky instead of Bliss. And the main card will probably have a ladder match either for the IC or Raw Tag Titles

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Wazzu posted:

When they brought Joe in, it was to live in NXT, like Asuka. Minds change, but I'd assume Nakamura debuts first.

NXT taping spoilers:

he doesn't show up in them, except for a dark segment (which tells you it's not because he's hurt). I'd expect him to debut at the Rumble

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Preshow:

Big Women's Elimination Tag For Both Brands
SD Tag Titles: American Alpha vs The Usos
Cruiserweight Title: Neville(c) vs Jack Galligher
Pre-show Main Event: Armbar

Main Show:

US Title Ladder Match: Jericho(c), Cesaro, Shaemus, Titus, Kofi, Rusev, Owens, Zayn
SD Women's Title: Becky vs Nikki
Raw Tag Title Tornado Tag: New Day (c) minus Kofi vs Enzo and Cass vs Shining Stars vs The Club
IC Title: Ambrose(c) (w/ Renee) vs Miz (w/ Maryse). CATFIGHT!
Raw Women's Title: Bayley vs Charlotte(c), Charlottes first PPV loss
Rollins vs Triple H starts Important Matches
Big Show vs Shaq - More And Angle Than A Match
WWE Title: Cena(c) vs AJ Styles V
Brock vs Goldberg short squash Brock Wins
Universal Title Main Event: Roman Reigns (c) vs Undertaker

Somewhere in there is a 30 minute promo from Rock and Stone Cold and HBK and maybe Batista plugging their outside projects.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Uhh idk what the policy on posting Big Dave scoops / 'spoilers' or whatever but in todays WON Dave had a pretty surprising bit of news that really throws the whole thing into disarray

They are no longer planning on doing John Cena vs Undertaker

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Samoa Joe vs John Cena. He seems fine with NXT and there's a ready made story of Joe and Cena breaking into the business together with Cena going on to become the biggest name in pro wrestling and Joe taking another 16 years to make it to WWE. They've even sort of laid the groundwork with Bryan making a point that Cena doesn't politic for friends/family during the Nikki/Carmella feud:

Also they get to put Cena over TNA's two biggest homegrown talents in one year:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Uhh idk what the policy on posting Big Dave scoops / 'spoilers' or whatever but in todays WON Dave had a pretty surprising bit of news that really throws the whole thing into disarray

They are no longer planning on doing John Cena vs Undertaker

????

Do they have something better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Cubone posted:

????

Do they have something better?

bog wog

• Locked thread