Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Parallax posted:

2017 is the year where Srice and I argue about whether Maison Ikkoku or KOR is better

KOR has a magical boy, so it's better.

It's a very close call though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
welp, I survived 2016

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

Koji you've gone too far this time

Koji is a modern day superhero

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Colonel posted:

Flip Flap Flip Flap

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
besides, none of those are better than flip flap flip flap

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPsY-cv2ic

Can I have 2 favourite tracks of 2016?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
There's quite a few shows on sites like imdb/anidb/mal etc that are thoroughly underrated.

Only problem is, watching everything with a poo poo score means you watch a whole lot of poo poo to maybe find a good show many people didn't like.

I wish these sites had a better scoring system.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Actually, IIRC anidb already allows voting on single episodes, and has a feature where your you click "recommend me animes" and it scans your votes and gives you a list of shows people who voted the same on those shows as you voted highly for.

It used to work like 15 years ago, but then they broke it for like 10 years to make it better (and then did other poo poo instead), but now it works again IIRC. I'll go and try it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Katsura da.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

Someone should fund My Brown Genki Elf Childhood Friend Is 30 Years Old But Still A Tomboy And Won't Stop Lying Around My Apartment With Only A Sundress On.

One would assume she is also an OL.

actually, a mechanic

cars she works on run on high octarine fuel.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

flip flap

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
what about buying hugpillows to hug them?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
already have a dogge. she howls at the moon in the middle of the night when it's roughly full. owns af

Space Flower posted:

get a pet and a hug pillow. never compromise.

:yeah:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Davincie posted:

lets go back to when isekai was good, 90s shoujo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I don't remember much about rayearth at all, but the music was top, and the op was magical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WunJIf-kvhI

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Occasionally one of my mother's Indian friends will try to arrange a marriage for me. They mean well, but it's kind of weird.

I told my lovely annoying religious relatives that kept pestering me about marriage I'm gay. They finally stopped for some reason.

they voted against gay marriage again, gently caress em

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not actually gay, nor do I want to get married, but bigots can gently caress right off. They're very awkward after that and I'm sure they'll remember me next time they have to vote.

We've had that poo poo twice now. The law has to be changed, because it's unconstitutional as it is (laws must not discriminate based on personal circumstances like, say, gender), but these idiots keep calling for a referendum every time the law gets changed and revert it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I notice a lot of anime moms really want to help their adult children get laid

So just like real life moms? :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tesseraction posted:

I called the political bullshit of the past 24 hours benjoghazi and I'm sad no-one outside of here will get it

i lol'd irl

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
actually, bonobos own

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

i really appreciate the fact that there's no fanservice

The entire first 2 episodes are so fanservice it drips from your screen when they play, it's just not the sexy kind of fanservice :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOvbbnx1MU

I haven't watched any slayers in years, I should remedy that, cause it's the best.

Also, Lina is a nukular weapon and Hayashibara is simply the best.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
cute, it's masakazu katsura.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
All disgaea games are good, and they just keep getting better.

Still like the 1st soundtrack best though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Vargatron posted:

I thought the PC port of Disgaea 1 was broken as gently caress.

The initial launch was poo poo on many pcs, but they fixed most issues. Some fancy effects still don't work on some gpus but who cares, it's disgaea.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Disgaea PC kinda released in a beta state tbh. It worked fine on my pc, but on many it just straight up wasn't playable. They probably shouldn't have done that, but I imagine NIS didn't have the resources or knowhow to do better, seeing how they were a console exclusive developer until very recently.

They worked with people though, and really tried their best to fix everything for as many people as possible, and Disgaea 1 works great now for pretty much everyone I know. Some older gpus will bug out if you enable stuff like HBAO, but I imagine they'd do the same in other games. Also signed up for linux disgaea 2, hopefully that actually happens so I can play it on my chomebook. I can finally dump my vita then.

Knorth posted:

I rewatched the YKK ovas but all it did was make me /really/ want a full adaption

YKK ova 2 has a really really good soundtrack, but what I love about the first ova even more is how there's no background music at all. It's just ambient sound and whatever is happening on screen and it's so, so good and relaxing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
One day, people will actually start using the many-possible-tracks-per-video thing that's been a thing for decades now and I'll be able to watch things with music turned off and just listen to the amazing sound design!

like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtOJHbxQII

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Red Minjo posted:

Is that what the angle button was for in Toy Story 2? I never saw an actual use for that button on any DVDs.

Angles are mostly used for actual camera angles. Usually you'll see that on, say, live concert discs or similar events where there's tons of angles to see at any time. No idea what it does in toy story, but it's possible to use angles to only switch audio tracks afaik, so it's definitely possible.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, multiple tracks/angles is a very rare thing, which is unfortunate. Japanese especially love packaging only a couple episodes per disc (used to be just 2 on dvd and now like 4-6 on bluray) so cost per episode ends up being hilariously broken. The least they could do was package in some extra audio tracks onto all that drat empty space.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
is there an anime chat linkshell?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I should join that links hell

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmm_v_SGSQQ

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Stairmaster posted:

stop posting the these in japanese you loving retard

dogsicle posted:

at least post the lovely webcomic in english, if you're gonna post it outside its own thread

lol look at these casuals

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Anime is good, just skip all the happosai panties episodes.

e: it sucks that the ending was never animated tho, gotta read the manga for that.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

mine were: "lol kanna is a huge troll" and "lol that lucoa can't tempt shouta with anything"

It's this.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I found the last page of that thread pretty funny. So many people sudoku'd

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The lepers colony looks really good now with all the spamming spam tbh. Their sacrifice was not in vain.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

You shouldn't use other posters probations as an example like some fuckin deity who smote down a non-believer

even i didn't do that poo poo as mod and I sucked

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

I'm his 'right hand man" so to speak

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

lowtax really likes Cromartie High School.

hell, :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hikaru no go is extremely good so there's that.

Still wanna see new saki tho

• Locked thread