Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

The best part of the army was raining hell down on turd burglers in Afghanistan and being way too in it to stop and think whether it was the right thing to do or if there might be civilians in the area and realizing down the road that the human experience is loving complicated, man.

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
RIP Schneider

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
When is my leave getting approved?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

I'm not ashamed to say that when I was a young enlisted I was an actual bugler and this fake rear end electronic bullshit pisses me off. :colbert:

How do you get that job?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nice and hot piss posted:

Oh sweet I forgot about this thread.

My entire marine corps times was at quantico for 4 days during OCS in processing where they medically DQ'd me due to an undocumented shoulder issue.

But I would have been a solid officer because my PFT was 298, you're all welcome for my 4 days of service.

Tell us more about how you almost served

j/k my dude you’re alright

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nice and hot piss posted:

Lol not from the Marines but I have 6 years in the guard and a tour over I'm Iraq. I just got paperwork saying I was dis-enrolled from training.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Marine thread is finally back in GiP. Make sure to file your leave plan with S1 and fill out the ORM form!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just when you thought that boot camp couldn’t get any more stupid

https://youtu.be/v2ZrsjV8Xr0

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just started reading “Battle Born” by Terminal Lance creator Max Uriarte. It’s a very different graphic novel than “The White Donkey” and I’m not sure what to think of it yet. However, it’s lovingly-illustrated and really brings out the beauty that I saw from Afghanistan during my time there.

Anyone else pick it up?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Do you have to redo boot camp after a certain amount of broken time?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just remembering the time I was at Sergeants Course at 29 Palms, and coming back from drill practice (with rubber rifles) some boot MP stopped us and proceeded to draw on us because of our car full of fake guns. Very fun. The sergeant who came out cleared us said he would haze the poo poo out of that kid later, and now I’m thinking that would really solve most problems with police violence at regular departments.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hekk yeah!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Do you folks have opinions about Gen. Berger's announcement that maybe losing 75% of first-term marines is a bad strategy?

Imagine not treating Marines like poo poo. Insane new meta strat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
DEBBA DAWGS