Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What changes will the new ownership bring to the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Business as usual 12 7.55%
A few changes 45 28.30%
This is kind of crazy 55 34.59%
This is batfuck insane 47 29.56%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vengarr posted:

Her defense was terrible because her movement was terrible, and I'm guessing her movement was terrible at least partially because of her hosed-up knees which only seem to be getting worse.

Despite not having any knees she should still be able to circle left or right while stepping away. poo poo knees may make it more difficult to change levels, but she should still be able to step sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vengarr posted:

Well, apparently her feet might be hosed up too? She broke one pretty badly as a kid.

How to Break Your Athletically-Gifted Daughter (for Dummies)

Either way, Ronda is not too crippled to move laterally. She only seems to move forward or back, and the only two fighters that have ever made her move backwards are Holly and Amanda. I'm definitely not an expert, but lateral movement seems pretty vital and it doesn't look like that's been drilled into Ronda in any way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What I'm saying is Ronda needs to bring Ido Portal to the gym.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip My Posts posted:

Got knocked the gently caress out recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7JUkt0Q0u0

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheRationalRedditor posted:

how the hell isn't Rogan an MMA expert exactly

it's all he does alongside awkward kettlebell powersets

Its the new announcer that called himself an MMA expert. Joe Rogan is absolutely an MMA expert even if he doesn't know what a downed opponent is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheRationalRedditor posted:

no one of living in reality thinks that

I'm pretty sure if Khabib can get hands on him that he's going to be able to wear out McGregor and submit him.

Dan Didio posted:

Also, it's completely irrelevant to a matchup with Conor, but Khabib was not getting lit up for 1 and a half rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sdGkYnQqY4

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's the fight on fightpass:

https://www.ufc.tv/video/khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-michael-johnson-ufc-205

The first two minutes are on the feet. Johnson lands about 4-5 strikes total for the first minute and a half. He catches Khabib with a left and then throws a few more. Most of them hit his guard, but Nurmagomedov does get hit clean a couple of times. Then Khabib shoots and the fight is one sided until the submission in rd 3.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 8, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

its cool that mma has reached the same public perception of barbarism that the nfl has held onto solely for decades. In the Revenge of the Nerds 2020 remake the jocks will all be MMA fighters instead of a football team that the plucky tri-lambs will have to overcome via illegal surveillance, fraud, and sexual assault. They're going to have mark coleman play ogre.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i just desperately want to hear coleman yell nerds!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rigel posted:

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/818604246367080448

The NAC is going to discuss whether or not they should continue to suspend fighters who test positive for marijuana in Nevada.

good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF84FTJBy1c&t=38s

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving :lol:

I'm going to bet that there's allegations that Lesnar and White both knew he was going to fail but got the fight to happen regardless.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

chaleski posted:

I know Edmond is gonna just pay off his fine and they'll all go on with their lives, but I like the idea of Ronda having to change camps because GFC has a large padlock on the front door

There is a significant chance that he had places a very large bet on Ronda against Nunes as he has done for all of her fights. He might not have the money.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

John Mirra posted:

That beautiful mural of him and Ali alone would be enough to wipe his debts.

That's actually the first champion Edmond ruined, Vic Darchinyan.

And yeah the bankruptcy court will just seize his wife's assets when he doesn't pay.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bluedeanie posted:

A shame. A danged shame.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

willie_dee posted:

He beat Condit

Except he didn't.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Edit:wrong thread

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I just remember Iaquinta having a beef with a certain ref who was public and vocal about hating Serra-Longo fighters but idk if that's what's up. A Fox Sports news story says he dropped out of fighter at UFC 205 because of a pay cut he didn't want to take.

I think it was with a judge not a ref. Doug Crosby maybe? Fatherdog would have known!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SquirrelGrip posted:

diaz vs daley

Yeah this was amazing. Big John didn't call it either time Nick Diaz faceplanted because he was still talking poo poo while laying on the ground.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Digital Jedi posted:

I just want to see the soft spoken giant that is Francis Ngannou.

Hopefully he doesn't kill Arlovski

He's going to destroy Arlovski.

I still remember him walking out to the braveheart theme at his first UFC event. He was either the first or second prelim fight. I can't remember. I think I yelled "FREEDOM" at some point in the second round before the KO. I'll have to watch the fight again to see if I can hear myself.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jerusalem posted:

Hey in all seriousness if you guys really think you need a dedicated UFC mod I can ask the Admins. Moderation for this subforum in general is pretty easygoing though, we don't generate much in the way of reports and in most cases the reports don't really warrant any action. For the most part this thread in particular seems to manage itself just fine and I'm more here for those rare occasions where people take things too far, which can usually be handled through PMs or a simple Six-Hour probation.

We don't need a mod and people will report if anyone really needs attention. You're fine and don't sweat idiots asking for a funny person to be ik.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Put them in a cage with 4oz gloves and boxing only allowed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

chaleski posted:

I think the last time this happened in a MMA vs boxing matchup, Tim Silvia got hilariously knocked out by Ray Mercier, who dropped him then crawled towards his body to GnP him

Book it, Dana

I'm going to hazard a guess that Conor McGregor is a better fighter than Tim Sylvia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Magny would wreck Cowboy's poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I will say although he can be a big homer, I can get what dangersim is saying. Conor didn't lead Nate into a BLH with a kick the way Hendo would do it. Yes, softening Nate's front leg made him more susceptible to getting caught, but the specific striking setups were not predicated on leg kicks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

manyak posted:

Dokdo = Korean territory.

The Liancourt Rocks belong to Japan and you know it.

Also we know you're trolling because you didn't spell it corea.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: at people irl getting into national pride arguments over some tiny rear end uninhabitable rocks off the coast of Japan.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Detroit_Dogg posted:

America owns the Liancourt Rocks

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

...and the pitch! posted:

I don't know what's going on but it made me laugh pretty hard

Basically there are a couple of rocks off the coast of Japan that Koreans feel is actually theirs along with being the cradle of civilization, the source of rice, and spicy food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Triticum Guzzler posted:

UFC February - Dokdo, island of Corea in East Sea

• Locked thread