Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

elf help book posted:

I know there's a huge list of total games unavailable, but do you guys have opinions on which huge notable PS1 games didn't become available on PSN? Tony Hawk 1 and 2 are off the top of my head as ones I would have loved.

Legend of Legaia
SaGa Frontier
Any Ace Combat games
Armored Core Project Phantasma/Master of Arena
Brave Fencer Musashi
Ehrgeiz
Any King's Field games
I don't know if the Fear Effect games stood the test of time but those aren't on there
Any number of other games that were based of the THPS engine back during that boom

And probably a dozen or more other games I can't think of right now

Edit: Univbee, drat you and your speed :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm glad Future Tone is happening soon, I came so close to getting the JP version when it looked like it wasn't going to ever happen here a few months back

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Same, I'm considering buying Yakuza 0, FF XV , Nioh and Dishonored 2 in the next few months and I still have RoTomb Raider, TItanfall 2 and Last Guardian to finish :stare:

I've got Extella, Gravity Rush 2, KH2.8, Berseria, and Yakuza 0 all within a week.

It's a busy time. :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, the amazon prime free release day delivery and discount are great.

I'm definitely not complaining about the glut of releases. I'd love it even more if a new job wasn't making me travel four more hours per day than I had to previously.

:rip: free time

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Did ubi ever fix Tetris?

They don't have to, and nobody has to think about it ever again since Puyo Puyo Tetris is coming out over here.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Every new Yakuza game is the new best Yakuza game.

But seriously it's great. Go get it. Buy five copies.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

SAO is really bad right? As an anime and as a game.

The anime is ludicrously bad but the Hollow games are fun if you're into the faux MMO thing.

The other one is more action RPG sort of thing and is kinda just boilerplate at best.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah that comparison video seems weird because the example they used for the Original PS4 seems like an insanely extreme case, I've never had issues like that.

Well, I guess if nothing else, it shows that if it can handle extreme circumstances that you won't see on the regular it can handle the normal occasional drops with room to spare.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

the truth posted:

Do not skip the best game in the series.

He just played MGS2 though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Momodora is worth the price but instant death spikes in a Metroidvania can gently caress off and die.

It's a good approximation of the Dark Souls experience in 2-D, but La Mulana remains the best at that.

La Mulana is hardly Dark Souls-y. It's much more of an Indiana Jones simulator than anything.

Or a Maze of Galious simulator I guess.

*cough* FromSoft

Remember that From gave us Nine Breaker. And even though I love it I'm not gonna pretend that it (or Project Phantasma if I'm being honest) were particularly heavy on content.

Of course then again they also have poo poo like for Answer and Last Raven which are both pretty much glorious apologies for doing horrible things so I guess I can cut them some slack.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

The two good PS2 games they should release is Armored Core Nexus and King's Field 4.

And Armored Core 2. And Another Age. And Armored Core 3. And Silent Line. And Nine Breaker. And Last Raven.

Just when I forget it happened, someone has to come and bring it back up :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sigma isn't even day one DLC. He's day -XX DLC.

If you want him, you have to preorder the special premium edition to get him on day one, otherwise, he's being released at an indeterminate date. :downsgun:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yeah, it really depends on the series. Like, outside of some major character rebalances, Blazblue remained the same all the way through

what, no :psyduck:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I don't know that most fighting game fans want their scene to look like dota's, though.

What fighting game fans REALLY want is people who haven't touched a game on a level beyond "Oh, I know how to do inputs" talking like they have a perfect idea to 'fix' fighting games, and if they didn't have to spend those pesky minutes learning motions or tricksy finger puzzles, they could definitely win a major now that those arbitrary execution barriers are out of the way.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

This. If you live near a weekly scene and like fighting games you should go check it out at least once. Odds are you'll be welcomed personally by the organizer, get bopped by guys that are really cool about it, get some friendly advice from those same guys, then you'll all go out for wings and make fun of the smelly dudes in the corner that played Smash all night.

Doesn't matter what you play, just go out there and meet some chill people and punch each other virtually.

Seriously. This is the best thing you can possibly do if you are even a hint interested. Go out and play people, because the people you're going out and playing with want you to get better since it helps them get better. If you're willing to learn, dedicated, and open minded to trying new stuff out, there is not a single fg group that will reject you. Yeah, it'll take practice, both in group and privately, but it's a lot easier to learn with a group of people who want to help.

It's just very easy to get on the edge and bitter because people who didn't take those steps complaining that <thing> needs to be fixed is just so everpresent, be it a mechanic, character, or the industry as a whole.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

The game is good, but the gameplay id probably the most simplistic gameplay of any major release I've played in yeeeeeeears.

Exaggeration for the sake of making a point or for humor is one thing, but let's not straight up lie.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

FF2 gave us SaGa, therefore I'm obligated to love it.

Any other FF game is scored on the scale of high fantasy versus semi-modern stuff with some magic going on maybe.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Vakal posted:

If FF8 would have just been about the adventures of Laguna, Kiros, and Ward. I don't think anyone here would argue that it would have been the best game in the series hands down.

This is the FF equivalent of saying MGS2 was ruined by Raiden being the main character.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

MGS1/2/3/4 is a masterpiece. MGSV is a tire fire

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In all honesty, MGS2 was a game I was really down on in the beginning, and it took a few months for me to really get what it was going for on even the most basic level. Like, this was before I even understood the whole commentary and narrative on games and sequels as a whole.

My appreciation for it has only grown over time, and it keeps fighting with MGS1 for my favorite spot as I find new things to like about both.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It sure would be nice if it had characters, personality, charm, or any of the other aspects that made the rest of the series amazing.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

abagofcheetos posted:

What was everyone's favorite mine clearing mission in mgsv

My favorite mission was the fourteenth armored vehicle unit elimination mission.

Which is a distinct category from the tank unit elimination missions, obviously.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

What's everyone's favorite class in dark arisen? I haven't played in years but I think the only ones I tried were giant sword guy and maybe assassin?

There are classes other than rapid fire explosive arrows and chugging periapts?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

GR2 loving sucks and is one of the biggest disappointments I've had this year.

Nah

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Calling a flawed but overall fun game trash is really toeing the line considering the heaping of actual trash we got this year.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Saying something has issues but that doesn't make it the worst thing of the year is a hot take is a pretty dumb take even for you.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

No. There are thousands of hours of live tournament footage floating around out there and the game has yet to crash (or even drop a frame) during any of it.

It's just a really bad game instead.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The blaztag thing was really disheartening to see

I mean, there's less in XTB than there'll be in like Dissidia or Gundam Versus, but those two games only announce DLC in packs, not reveal their whole hand at once.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's also this one, also by Crowbcat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxJpDtg0Bs

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There was another game a while back that had a demo that was just the full game. I can't remember what it was, I think it was a rhythm game thing? I remember being locked out of it a few days after the error, so it's definitely not the first time they've done something like that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

FF12 is boring trash

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Someone talk me into or out of buying the new DJMax game. tia

Kilometers Davis posted:

I didn’t realize it was $50 :( I’m sure it’s worth it but $20 or so would’ve been a way better price to see if I like it or not

It's a fully featured game with a huge tracklist and a relatively gentle skill incline working your way up from four buttons to eight. Plus they're going to gradually add other games' tracks that aren't already in the game later on. There's literally no way it could've been $20 without selling a super gutted version.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I tooled around with the demo tonight and it seems cool but I wish I had a better controller for it.

I wish this too, to be honest. I know the home peripheral market kind of died a horrible death between the ps2 and ps3 but man, I could really use a pop'n or iidx controller.

Actually gently caress it, can we get a home pop'n or iidx game?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The problem with adapters is that there's usually a pretty significant input lag, which is unfortunate.

Plugging in a PS360+ PCB would work with PS4 but I don't know what the wiring situation is in those things.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

This is wrong and you should probably just drop the subject.

Nah, Adaptability is the worst idea for a stat ever designed. Even before getting into the lovely turnstyle enemies or horrible map design, that alone is enough to put it right at the rock bottom of the list when compared to DeS/BB/etc.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's cool because FromSoft were clearly aware of where they'd made design mistakes and iterating on them with every release.

FromSoft is often aware of mistakes but they also have a super long history of overcorrecting.

Like just to use Armored Core as an example, they struggled with mobility builds for the entire series, and made huge mistakes in the jump from 2 to 2AA, 3 to 3SL, and the literal entirety of Nexus. You can be aware of a mistake and iterate on it, but that doesn't stop you from making a kneejerk reaction that just makes everyone's lives worse.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Nexus is, like, the only playable AC game in you're not into bad controls and spastic enemies.

I didn't think I'd see a worse post than the guy defending Adaptability but here we are.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

for example, look how badly they hosed up when trying to improve on burnout revenge

Same but Burnout 3: Takedown

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Phantom Pain is good 😇

MGSV is bad. And also no longer Metal Gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I mean, I love Phoenix/Scarface 1 but I'd hesitate to call Ace Combat 1/2 'good'. But hey we got AC3 and the PS2 games out of it so it worked out.

Do an HD Remake of AC04 through Zero already.