Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Your brain is truly broken if you didn't enjoy Tricky Towers and Yakuza 5, aka the reasons I justify paying for PS+

Getting Yakuza 4 and 5 for free is what got me into the series. I love these games now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can make the argument that the PS+ titles we get each month are fine, whatever, people are going to be divided on that point forever. However, we have gotten less and less benefits with PS+ in comparison to when the service first went live while having to pay more and we have seen zero performance increase to PSN in the 3 years that a subscription has been required to play online.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

I think this is a crazy argument to get into when the xbox service isn't any better.

This doesn't in anyway shape or form excuse any of the bullshit with PSN.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Akuma posted:

Xbox download speeds aren't liquid arse, it recently got LFG tools added to the system, and Xbox 360 games given with Games With Gold are all Xbox One compatible AND have an infinite license whether your gold subscription is current or not. 2 out of 4 of those points were added fairly recently.

Exactly, meanwhile PSN has stayed stagnant with no new features or benefits added in I can't even remember how long? The last major change was forcing a subscription to play games online and increasing the yearly cost.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rirse posted:

Think the best thing it could do is roll some PS Now features into it. The year PS Now is a seperate 100 deal, but could like put something like "free rental for X game while you have PS+ if you 'download' it during the month". Probably be better then the PS3 freebies that have reach the bottom of the barrel in terms of stuff they are selecting now.

This is what I was thinking, especially now that there are hardly any good PS3 games to give away (they have already been given away, I guess sony could offer them again?) and no one bought a Vita so those freebies are all worthless anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cloks posted:

Day of the Tentacle is superb. It's adventure gaming as Chuck Jones would've done it and anyone who hasn't played it should give it a shot.

Day of the Tentacle is one of my favorite games of all time. I still have the original Windows 95 CD. I first played the game on a 75MHZ Intel Pentium 1 Packard Bell.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No new video games for me for awhile. I bought too many games last year that I barely touched. Its become a huge problem. I've been playing Diablo 3, Forza 6, and Overwatch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

PS4 has a sexy 4.50 firmware update coming, whose beta starts today, with some amazing new features:

:siren: PS4 Pro will now be able to boost all games, not just ones with a formal patch. :siren: That said, it sounds like this mainly means hitting framerate targets more often; a 30fps locked game will still be 30fps locked.
:siren: PS4 will now support external storage for games. :siren: Currently, hard drives must be USB 3.0, and must be between 250 gig and 8 tb in size. It's unknown still if multiple drives will be supported, or if these drives will be console-tied (for the record, Xbox One external storage isn't console-tied)
Other features include:

Custom Wallpapers

Quick Menu Refresh

Simplified Notification List

Post on PlayStation Network Activity Feeds

3D Blu-rays on PlayStation VR

This is a solid update. This is what I have been wanting from Sony for a long time now. They need to make more of these.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

man nurse posted:

So is World of Final Fantasy worth it? More importantly, what are the chances it comes to PC later?

One of my friends loved World of Final Fantasy. It seems to have been received very well, even on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Oh welp, PS Now support is being discontinued August 15th for every device except for PS4's and PC's. Warm up your class action machines!

Not at all surprised. It's just a matter of time before it's discontinued across the board and is gone for good.