Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Laradus posted:

The 'cycle' is you post, you get probated, you come back. Whatever else would I mean? :angel:

Sorry I thought you might have something to say other than talking about me. My mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Miftan posted:

Sometimes it's nice living in the future.

I wish there was a service that would insert those Tim Farron milk pics into the 'look into hell' bit of Event Horizon. Now that would be convenient (and an improvement)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If brexit is a disaster will Scotland leave the U.K.?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If bee it is a disaster will Scotland leave the U.K.?

I don't understand this question.

Edit: the answer is possibly. Scotland might also leave the UK if Brexit isn't a disaster. Or it might not if it is or it isn't.

Scotland being part of the UK isn't contingent on Brexit occurring or not, or what Brexit ends up being.

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 2, 2017

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I would vote for Bee It

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The epic pissflaps helldump

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

baka kaba posted:

I would vote for Bee It

All of 2016 but every time someone says "Brexit", it gets faster.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

lol, "People like me", I wonder what that means.

I wish I knew what the gently caress is going to happen post Brexit button pushing but pre it actually happening. Pretty worried that staying in the UK is going to be difficult at best.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I wish I knew what the gently caress is going to happen post Brexit button pushing

https://twitter.com/chrisapplegate/status/801813420207177728

ayyy

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

the best thing about the FM implementation is if I recall correctly it randomly selects on of 3 possible brexit scenarios, soft, medium and hard with differing levels of work permit and visa issues depending on which variation it decides for that session.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/02/fourteen-garden-villages-to-be-built-england-48000-homes-green-belt

The good news: new homes
The bad news: knowing this government they're probably gonna end up looking like some kind of awful British version of the down-unders from A Boy and His Dog, complete with constant martial music, morris dancing, maypoles and the forcible harvesting of homeless young men's seminal fluids

plus they'll contribute to "urban sprawl" and "overstretch infrastructure" which i'm pretty sure is just NIMBY by any other name

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

JFairfax posted:

the best thing about the FM implementation is if I recall correctly it randomly selects on of 3 possible brexit scenarios, soft, medium and hard with differing levels of work permit and visa issues depending on which variation it decides for that session.

They actually put a decent amount of research and effort into the different forms Brexit could take and what effects it would have. Which puts them a couple of steps ahead of the government.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Oh I think the government knows full well what will happen. Which is why they won't tell us anything.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
What's gonna happen when Charles takes the throne this year?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ora Tzo posted:

Not much different. Probably a bit of an upswing in republican sentiment because he's nowhere near as popular as his mum. Could see a few of the commonwealth countries becoming republics down the line but not us anytime soon.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Ora Tzo posted:

I imagine that, in every media organisation, one of the first things on the agenda when people get back to work is an urgent review of their contingency plan to be activated in the event of the Queen's death.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Will we get a day off work for the funeral ?

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the Commonwealth - apparently the Queen has been spending the last few years trying to make sure that Charles gets to be head after she dies but it's not automatic succession or anything and I can see some of the other members not liking the 'empire' feel of letting Charles be head.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Cerv posted:

And will we get another one for the coronation?

And will somebody come up with another chicken and mayonnaise based sandwich filling to commemorate the occasion?

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only
Does that mean that the commonwealth could decide to pick their own ceremonial monarchs?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cerv posted:

I assume that whole 'period of mourning' thing means no one can work until she's buried.

Or everyone works for free in her honour or some poo poo.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Steve2911 posted:

Or everyone works for free in her honour or some poo poo.

it'll be this one

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
New Year New Yougov.

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/815866001766150144

Not a good start for Labour.

Len Mcluskey hasn't got the memo that the polls are all wrong/don't matter.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

hookerbot 5000 posted:

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the Commonwealth - apparently the Queen has been spending the last few years trying to make sure that Charles gets to be head after she dies but it's not automatic succession or anything and I can see some of the other members not liking the 'empire' feel of letting Charles be head.
I can see Charles getting it anyway. The other members might not like it, but India won't like anyone Pakistan or Bangladesh nominates and vice versa, the SACU countries won't like anyone Nigeria nominates and vice versa, the West will probably not be happy with a lot of the East African nominees, so either Guyana comes up with someone spectacular to rally support from all sides or everyone just sighs and picks Charles because it's easier.

Ora Tzo posted:

There's not going to be a queen anymore so the national anthem will have to be changed. I hope they change it to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpYxDAIALtU

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

If they don't matter then don't post them.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

New Year New Yougov.

Wonder if they can poll below 20% before the Summer, most likely given the complete lack of any leadership of the sinking ship.

Edited as misread :/ Thank god today is a bank holiday.

ukle fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 2, 2017

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

clear eyes full farts posted:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ah yeah, the solid strategy of sticking your head into the sand and ignoring things.

That really worked out well in 2016 with Brexit /Trump.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

clear eyes full farts posted:

I do think they matter.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

New Year New Yougov.

I don't think the "polls don't matter". I just don't see what your point is posting them every couple of days. We know Labour is behind the Tories. We wouldn't be so bloody miserable all the time if they weren't. You'll also notice the Tories are slowly sliding lower as well. Oh look it's UKIP slowly rising.

I'm so happy you find the rise of fascism so loving amusing. I guess it's single handedly Jeremy Corbyn's fault.

(OOC: argueing with pissflaps is better than another conversation about food so gently caress you)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry lads Labour will reverse the trend with its clear-cut policies on ???????????

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

hookerbot 5000 posted:

They'd all choose wills and kate in a heartbeat.

Also I wonder if this will get any coverage in the papers?

https://twitter.com/withorpe/status/815634187562713089

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cerv posted:

Royal funerals and coronations are by convention declared public holidays. If the Queen dies this year the coronation probably won't be until next year, though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jedit posted:

Royal funerals and coronations are by convention declared public holidays. If the Queen dies this year the coronation probably won't be until next year, though.

How will anything get done in this country without a ruling monarch for a whole year?!

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Maybe British people are just evil???

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

How will anything get done in this country without a ruling monarch for a whole year?!

Charles will be in charge, just uncrowned. We've had kings and queens who were never coronated (Jane Grey and Edward VIII off the top of my head but possibly others too).

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Jedit posted:

sweet

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Sorry, missing some context, hows Charles going to wind up commonwealth nations?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Also why is the Commonwealth still a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Steve2911 posted:

Also why is the Commonwealth still a thing?

Because Rule Britannia

• Locked thread