Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty suspicious killing off chaoslord in the prologue

I am so in for a legendary Ecco mafia/Indiana Jones adventure let's do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

(also so it's clear I promise that I'm signing up for this with the knowledge that I have time for it)

inb4 we're third party island spirit masons or some poo poo and we sweep these newbs under the goddamn rug

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Vote moat d1 because he's too lucky and deserves to burn

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I am getting more excited as the days go by

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

More trouble than she's worth.

I concur

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I swear there definitely is no way there's gonna be a ladies' alliance this time, guys.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Also Kash I love your gimmick keep it up seriously I will be mega-impressed

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone would rather play truth or dare, you know where to find me

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

snowboarding imho

after a dare made in the discord I am EXHAUSTED and going to bed early tonight, sorry, this means probably tomorrow evening will be the start time for this game, cue the "see you in february" jokes they are annoying but always deserved.

You did this to yourself, doll. (But thank you)

See you tomorrow. For more truth or dare.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I would like to be a doctor. Not like, the role, but the name of my role. Give my character a doctorate, Ecco. A PhD in archaeology, child psychology, blowjobs, I don't care. Just "You are Dr. [pera]," please and thank you.

Allow me to weep within the crumbling remains of my dessicated dreams.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
That is funny for reasons.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

So which one of you got something stuck up their rear end to make it an inside joke?

You really don't know me that well at all, do you Infi? Ah, well. Everybody else will know the answer.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Literally look at her AV.

BEHOLD IN ALL THEIR GLORIOUS MAJESTY
COURTESY OF FORUMS LEGEND ALLEN WREN
BEHOLD AS THEY HYPNOTICALLY ORBIT
THE ENDLESS CYCLE CONTINUES
CURIOUSCAT
AND MURMURTWIN
UNITED FOREVER IN ETERNAL BLISS

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

And so I have failed

Do not let these chuckle fucklings make you feel as though you are on some kind of serious deadline. You are creating a masterpiece, and must carefully decide how - say - each of our individual colors is used to best create said masterpiece.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Can we all be women? Men are like, soooo 2016

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Orchidectomies for everyone?

I'm really starting to like you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I UNDERSTAND THAT IF KASHUNO FAILS TO UNVOTE, THE MOD AND BOT WILL NOT COUNT THE REVOTE, UNLESS KASHUNO HAS THE POWERS OF A DOUBLEVOTER and this applies to everyone else as well.

btw ecco love i really appreciate the lowercase p but it is in fact 'pera' 'mene' not 'paramene'

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, loves. I see a bunch of us have come to the same conclusion. Dr. Slord's been done in by one... or more... of our own. We're going to need to discuss this before we get back to work.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It seems peculiar that you'd want to run away from the camp so soon. Do you have something to hide?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Who put you in charge?

I am happy to follow any established procedure, so long as it is a procedure and we quickly identify and deal with the people threatening our team!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Hello pera! :palmon: Are you scum?

OOC: per usual, I loving wish.

My dear associate, if you'll check my credentials I do believe you will find all exceeding account of the requisite documents required to prove that I had nothing at all to do with this most foul of deeds.

(OOC: c'mon, RNG was it so much to ask to be island murder spirits with my girl here? gently caress.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
OOC: voting based on ooc bitching, how rude - please reread my posts, you will see a reference in response to MMT very early on. Should settle things. It's a joke, Max. The last one I intend to make as hopefully I am capable of completing the rest of this game entirely in-character.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The good Dr. identified as peramene boggles at the amount of activity she wakes up to. There are many arguments. She understands none of them. Truly, this is madness.

"Could we... perhaps... summarize? Arguments? Rather than... meticulously detailing every event...? My head is killing me after catching up with the lot of you."

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

We would say you aren't dealing with the lot at all! You are more like a trash collector who called in sick on the day after all the college students leave town! You are irresponsible and unavailable at the worst of times, and we are quite sick of it!

"Many apologies, however, I, um, would you like me to perhaps, gather up all of the trash? Say, into a ball of some kind? Perhaps then it would be easier to understand."

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Have you had time to read through?

"I have read every last word and understood as much as I could."

(And, indeed, make it a habit to be caught up on any thread before posting in it though I am not perfect in this regard or at all)

"Insofar as I can perceive, it seems to be an abundance of blustering and carousing. I'm worried my peers have hit the drink!"

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"That makes two of us."

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

-pera needs to be stopped before she loses her mind like what is happening in poo poo talking chutes and ladders rn

namaste

"I do not claim any special powerful abilities whatsoever, indeed I am quite ineffectual... Dr. Pereau would always be very cross with me when I made a mistake. I wish very sincerely to resolve this matter quickly, in the hopes that we can successfully both catch the guilty culprits and return to our research.

Chic and I are well-acquainted - nice to see you again - and her points towards me are good. I will admit to a guilty disposition and a resting bitch-face. Despite regularly being innocent in these scenarios and guilty in games of a different nature. I return after an hour or two to hundreds of posts of bickering and it is very hard for me to parse. I am doing my best, though I recognize I am not offering much positive contribution."

(That said, doc switched me back to Xanax today sooooo my reading comprehension should get a boost tomorrowish. 21 players is a lot, jesus.

Regarding Chutes and Ladders, Moat, if you believe I remain sane after what you've already witnessed from me... I don't know what to tell you. Lost my mind was years ago.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"There is no way I'm going to be able to speak up 20+ times in the time before we've reached our deadline, and I have nothing of honest value to add. I suppose a little later I can try to make sense of some of these things, but right now it seems like a lot of you have prior experience with one another that neither I nor the investigation benefit from at all."

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

we might be doing pera a favor by lynching her d1

just sayin

"I would rather reach a point where I could help secure the expedition's victorious identification of the killer and/or killers-at-hand, and to make more use of our first... slaying?
I wouldn't want Max mis-characterized for targeting me as a result of my flipping town either, Max is quite likely to believe I have no 'game' but 'scumgame' and to a certain extent this is true.
It would be rather nice to be the killer in such a cacophony, I would feel quite safe.

However, whatever is best for the expedition, I shall accept as the will of God. I'll regret only having never made Dr. Pereau proud."

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Leatherman posted:

Disregarding meta, Pera, is there nobody that stands out to you at all?

"Not at present.

The one thing I can say is that I perhaps realize the cacophony itself might be telling.

On Tobbs: The first to vote is Slamburger, joined by PMom, joined, unjoined, and then rejoined by Kashuno. Kashuno leaves again.(1); MMT joins, this is a stickup joins, Kashuno rejoins, PMOM leaves, chores joins, leaves, and then rejoins, Tired Moritz joins, Kashuno bails, i am the bird joins.

As far as people willing enough to target Tobbs to file a vote, Kashuno flails wildly, and five others have remained. The only people to bail and stay gone from Tobbs are PMom, currently in second place, but holding a sole vote on SSV, alone. Surety that the Tobbs thing wasn't working out, or an attempt to differentiate himself from the rest of his comrades? Impossible to say; Kashuno, now targeting PMom; and Slamburger, now supporting the FL vote without either of the original supporters - that seems odd to me, but what do I know?

PMOM has the temerity once again to instruct me in how I choose to speak which I continue not to appreciate but will not hold against him. We have Kashuno flailing wildly - which, alright, seems to be what Kashuno does, but at least for the moment ending up targeting PMom; Tobbs; SSV, perhaps in retaliation for PMom's vote; Tobbs bails; Max bails; Flying Leatherman joins and Kashuno rejoins.

As for TMMadman, Tobbs is flailing like crazy. I'm sure he's gone around the table as to why, but apply a vote on and off like crazy like so seems wildly ridiculous to me. Or maybe it is typical behavior that will not strike any of you as suspicious. Moat joins this vote with Tobbs.

On Flying Leatherman, chaoslord opens, Tobbs joins, then both retreat. Bottleknight joins. Slamburger joins. I'm not sure. This seems suspicious, and I guess I'll echo MMT's call for our friends to "reread" BK.

As for the sole vote on SSV, I have already discussed Pmom's temerity, but I will note that while he insults me, he does not try to build a movement against me. Ask yourself: if you were one of our killers, would my way of doing things irritate you enough to draw your ire? Would you focus on me? I think this might actually be a bit of an argument for PMom's innocence, which I am not comfortable stating outright, but seems to be the case to me? At least with the available evidence. Why would a killer want a less-experienced investigator to speak up more? I don't know. Maybe it is cover.

As far as content posts go, this is pretty lovely. But I suppose it was good for me to give it a try. I will reread BK in a little bit, and to be fair, reread MMT. I believe they are likely to oppose one another, but I'd like to reread their statements to have a better grasp on that.

My apologies to my comrades for failing to do better. I am not willing to apply a vote at this time."

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I have a gut town read on pera.

##vote MurmurTwin

I'm not joking and this isn't personal and you know I love you but this is a meta-read. MMT knows me very well - better than any of you (even you, BK.) MMT knows when I'm honestly having trouble understanding a concept and - thanks to loving me in Survivor, when I'm pretending to. MMT is confident she can flowertalk me into believing her. An idiot-rear end town player like me would be the perfect goat-lynch to carry to the end accidentally helping my literal best friend excel in a brilliantly-done scum game (would you expect less from her?) From what I know of MMT, which is months of watching her lie to our fellow players in ABB2 for my benefit, including one time when she lied in order to protect me, the inclusion of this line is not "mafia mommying" for my benefit - it is a legitimate attempt to save me from the rest of you so that I might be useful to her. Sorry, honey. You know I love you and I do appreciate the help which, hey, I could be wrong, I'll answer below.

:sympathy:

I kept wondering why the gently caress people kept accusing me of having a power role. Post restriction. Nice. Got it. Just trying to have fun in my first Ecco game. She puts so much work into the story I honestly thought more of you were gonna take it as a roleplaying thing and when it ended up I - shutup Kash - was the only one, well, I'm stubborn, I guess. I wanted Ecco to know I appreciated her efforts and that I was going to take the game seriously.

"Well you can do that by playing effectively instead of being a stubborn rear end in a top hat about it" yeah well thanks

Dropping it. Thanks again for the advice, MMT, darling - the realization that if I was already having trouble keeping up AND trying to maintain a pr (what, is pr/PR seriously a thing? Jesus.)

(a) for the record, how much SA Mafia have you played before? FOUR GAMES, FOUR WINS (largely thanks to my peers). And every single loving time I've been town - "even this time," she says with an eyeroll - and I hate it playing town. I know there's a "lynch all liars" consensus but if I can ever find a way to lie to benefit town, I leap on the chance (like I did in the wizard game). I guess I feel I've done ehhhh marginally better each time? I played chat-based mafia for so long and those games only lasted an hour or two at most; this multi-day "okay I guess I'm done now" walks away for three hours "oh god there's a hundred loving messages and all of them are incomprehensible" thing drives me crazy.

(b) if you had an imaginary gun and had to shoot the scummiest person in the game, who would you target and why? Hmm... well, let's apply the sort of logic I'd apply in an FRG when I didn't feel confident I had a grasp on the power structures.

As an individual, PMom is rude to me, hates the way I play (or at least claims to), feels free openly insulting me, is confident that I will not be of value to town - I can trust PMom not to be loving with me just to gently caress with me personally. It might be a mid-con to get at me, but then again, PMom would be free to interpret the preceding as the exact same. Regardless:

Pinterest Mom posted:

my vote preference is roughly pera>ssv>moat>tobbs>bk

Obviously, I'd avoid shooting myself (at least in-game), and I happen to know I'm town. ("Sure, you do." Yeah, yeah.) So now that I'm back, I'll look at SSV first, and PMom himself last.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

The way that PMom responded to the votes against him didn't feel town at all.

##vote pmom

SirSamVimes posted:

Continuing the series of bad responses to votes on you, eh Pmom?

SirSamVimes posted:

imo you shouldn't try to read games at all until the playercount goes down a bit

I have nothing meta to offer on SSV. They seem like a cool enough person. Their postcount is lowish, but I've certainly no business arguing that that means diddly - especially since, while I'm sure this last post here is joking, truthfully once the playercount goes down but the body of evidence has had a nice, long time to collect against the scum players and people can start getting caught in lies, misdirections, working together... that's when things really get going. I've remarked that D1 seems pretty loving useless to me. Unless I'm mistaken, I've received at least one D1 vote every game I've played simply because I haven't posted enough.

I'm not willing to throw a stone through glass house at SSV. The scummiest thing they appear to be doing is target PMom over Pmom's admittedly lovely attitude, which is part of his charm. SSV, perhaps take your focus off PMom if more aren't willing to support you in this endeavor? Hard to advise appropriately. Sombra rules. Good fortune!

Pinterest Mom posted:

i was cyberbullying you because i wanted you to drop your pr. now that you're done, i don't want to kill you anymore~

##unvote
##vote ssv

For the record, as has been well demonstrated in the past, I respond very well to the patient advice of more experienced players. But this is SomethingAwful, not Reddit, I don't expect my hand held.
Wanting to kill someone because of a posting gimmick is stupid as hell though.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
We have like seven and a half hours, right? I'm gonna take a half hour to watch a thing.

CCKeane posted:

peramene a good way to play mafia is to challenge other players to physical challenges.

send me a dick pic and if you can clear a 8 point rating I'll vote your way D1

Pinterest Mom posted:

I didn't want to kill you because of your posting gimmick. I don't want to kill Kash, say. I wanted to kill you because you had indicated you would not deviate from making every single one of your posts obtuse unreadable bullshit.

what am i without obtuse unreadable bullshit :suicide:

(like, seriously, do you wanna measure dicks with a chick over this or can we focus on the matters at hand? christ)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Oop, nevermind. Wife's got work.

I GUESS I'LL GET CAUGHT UP ON THAT PARTICULAR SHOW LATER.

Who's next? Moat. Aight Moat get over here and drop trou.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
You know how this goes. Take a seat, it'll all be over soon.

Moatillata posted:

Pre-game content post:

Lynch Tobbs D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

Like, this is a pregame joke, okay, right? But ehhh... I dunno. Ya'll know Moat better than I do. Even though he's seen me topless.

Moatillata posted:

Karma has nothing to do with luck pERAMENE

(Thanks for the idea, by the way. This is the post that gave me the idea to do what I'm doing. (And honestly it's been quite therapeutic so legitimately thank you. NOT THAT ANYONE loving ELSE IS PLAYING ANYMORE.)

Moatillata posted:

Guys we need to have more decorum than these sausage party jokes this is an Ecco game we must comport ourselves as European royalty

Moat regardless of what follows in the rest of this post... I like you. You are good people. You get things that the uncultured masses just loving don't.

Moatillata posted:

-Tobbs is town. I am a tobbs expert and he is tree this game.
-I do not like MMT's attempt to jam me up with the whole "oohhhhh I forgot moat was in the game" this makes me not feel so hot about her
-SSV is likely scum looking at his post history
-Kash's PR is annoying but I am getting town vibes from him
-pera needs to be stopped before she loses her mind like what is happening in poo poo talking chutes and ladders rn
-OMG reads as a new player bored without a PR trying to spice things up
-Chores is null for me right now
-TMM is on notice because if he continues in the fashion he is currently on without picking it up I am going to believe that this may be his scum game once again. Not sure yet; giving him time.

-Tobbs: unsure if agree
-MMT: don't like his reasoning but I have my own
-SSV: can't tell if moat means long-term posting history or like, just from this game, but I can't go either way yet
-Kash: kashuno's gimmick is adorable but watch it be a smokescreen
-pera: categorically agree, pera must be contained under the strictest procedures we have with a 24 hour rotating guard
-OMG: agree, and it's a cute one that I think might even be slightly role-based? Which is daring. I like that.
-Chores: same
-TMM:

TMMadman posted:

Part of my concern with Tobbs is that I feel like he's trying to push an easy vote. I said before the roles went out that I would be traveling and barely posting for these days, so I'm not sure why he's sticking to a meta read on me.

So, y'know. I dunno.

Moat's a cool dude but he's laughing and joking and having a good time, unlike most folks. I dunno. Wouldn't throw a vote his way yet.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Hoo boy. Tobbs. Okay. This is gonna take a while. gently caress.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I have half of my post on Tobbs finished at home but forgot about loving Therapy. I'll be back asap. As a kindness, don't hammer 'til I get to finish practicing? I'm actually surprised how much I think I'm finally grok'ing.

OH MY GOD MMT I LOVE YOU I love that you knew I'd loving say it and took it from me which makes me SO MUCH MORE SURE

If you are scum I am so sorry I blew up our first game together like this, it just wasn't fair. I love you.

Back in like two hours friends.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
On my way home now to finish my Tobbs' case, not sure how the buses are running 'cuz believe this poo poo or not it is loving raining in California.

After that, I can't remember, I think I've got two more? Y'all prefer more time on the deadline so loving ignore me if you want, it's fine and I won't take it personal.

I just think I'm finally getting the hang of making a case.

Hi Chic :sun: I'm not sure what you mean by constructed, exactly, but I'll cop to what I think you mean? I am very haphazardly and without much experience trying to produce the arguments that MMT challenged me to.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
You said engineered and I spent an hour away and misremembered "engineered."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pre-game content post:

Lynch Max D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

Oh, oh, right. This came first. Sorry Moat. SO "I mean I know this is joking but hurr hurr ehhhhhhhh"

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was gonna vote Infinitum or soft bus you but I can do Pera.

It's... it's "pera." You're new. I'll try not to let it get to me.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

[Max and pera] are so nice :) I hope I don't have to kill you that would be upsetting. I promise I'll only do it if it's expedient.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

D1 scum list: Ho boy

Chores, Flying Leatherman, Tired Moritz, Slamburger.

Subject to revision pending further acquisition of data as directed by Dr. Pereau.

A passing wave at roleplay (tho maybe this is also part of a Grand Scheme to get pera to Help Team Maf???) Usual disclaimer with these lists, if I were scum and made a post like this, one of my buddies would probably be on a list like this (don't bother using this in the future).

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Keane's scum meta is basically the same as my scum meta. I'm not seeing it yet.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Like, say what you will, but scum Keane does actually serious post and he got nailed in FF2 for it actually. Shitposting jokester Keane is town Keane.

Is this not a smoking gun? I dunno. I wouldn't wanna get caught telling someone A = B, A = scum, and then appear to be demonstrating this behavior. Is this Serious Tobbs? Shitposting Jokester Tobbs? Friendly neighborhood Tobbs? A banana? I can't say.

Come to think of it, I gotta be honest, Tobbs is kinda... creating? chaos? Like he talks about how his postcount is so high and there was a joke about them being value posts but honestly, truthfully, is Tobbs just loving doing anything he can to make D1 as hectic and crazy as loving possible?

Because idk if that's Tobbs' scum game, it's definitely not my scum game, but it sounds fun.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If D1 has to end with a townie lynch then I'm definitely the way to go.
Don't go pushing cases on randoms hoping to get a claim out of them close to deadline scumnuggets.

Then he tries to pull this "if D1 has to end with a townie lynch" bullshit, which got called out earlier, but I've done that in prior mafia games (it's especially effective in person when you can look really, really sincere)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I mean, it's possible that she's not going to give the reads that she said she would after the analysis, which would look suspicious, but personally I'd wait a bit longer to see if she delivers.

This is very kind of him if he is town, and kind-in-theory if he (and, say, MMT) are trying to get me to idiot-rear end them to victory. I don't know how big scum teams are in 21 person poo poo-talking mafia but insofar as I can tell, two seems too few, so.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Are you sure? Infinitum has 2x as many posts as what, 80% of the players and he hasn't been playing since last night. Hell, I've got the most posts and this is pretty light by my usual standards.

I mean, okay. Infinitum and apparently Tobbs post a lot, and it ends up confusing me. Having only Tobbs now and not Infinitum means only one of them is going at once which is better for me trying to keep up, but eh.

Overall I am quite suspicious of Tobbs, but I am also suspicious of the presently quite large dogpile on him. D1 dogpiles feel like coinflips. Has Tobbs earned a coinflip? I dunno.

• Locked thread