Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Holy poo poo they actually hate their fans. This is incredible.

and they uploaded it to their own youtube account :kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The Landstander posted:

So is Bring It To The Table like a WWE equivalent of a press secretary?

if by press secretary you are using josh lymon's brief stint as one from the West Wing as a reference point, yes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

It's pretty loving WWE.txt to be honest

I mean, think about the layers here. We got

Them subtly saying for three hours that they hate you for not liking what they want you to like and complaining about being hated for it
Following it up with another half hour (viewable on a service you pay $10 for) outright saying that they hate you for not liking what they want you to like and complaining about being hated for it
Excusing it in ways fans can't really ever sympathize with
Making the most hated subject portion of their debate (3 hour Raws) viewable for free on Youtube so you can even express this message to people you aren't getting $10 from
The still image of the video before you press play being all panelists smiling and one of them outright laughing

It may be the lack of sleep I've had talking but this is one of the most beautiful baffling things I've ever seen, and I'm almost glad the Trump victory has made them just completely not give a gently caress about trying to hide even one thought they have anymore. We're one step away from them making the "gently caress You, We Got Your Money" R-Truth edit gif their actual closing bumper for their programming and just taking the fines for the two times a week it'd pop up on actual TV

would there even be a fine since they're on cable?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The Croc posted:

3 hours wouldn't feel like three hours if they made a compelling product the problem is they have all this time and do so very little with it.

or even if they used the three hours to show wrestling instead of having half the matches go under 5 minutes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Alain Post posted:

I checked with big Dave and Vince runs smackdown which people like. Can someone explain

my theory is vince spends so much of the week writing and rewriting raw that by the time raw is done he has less than 24 hours to fuckup smackdown

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

watching roman try to carry BRAUUUUUUN in the main event of wrestlemania is going to be quite a sight

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Tato posted:

I think you need to reverse the wrestlers in this sentence

I hate Roman too but saying Braun is better than him is too much

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Renee isn't actually trained, is she?

she's apparently said she isn't against learning how to wrestle but there's no way to get her ready before the miz/dean feud ends

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

my favorite image

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Roman still doesn't lift people for powerbombs. They all jump up on his shoulders after he catches a leg or something.

its an improvement at least

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Where do you feel he was cut out of the narrative of the last Wrestlemania??

the moment brock went "lol no" when asked to do anything in their match

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

RacistGuidingLight posted:

If he had the same matchup and managed to win and not look like crap it would have had the same impact on the card.

the only thing that would have had an impact on the card was roman getting busted months earlier or vince dying beforehand. nothing was going to save "book all the heels to win so that roman has to be cheered"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

well i dont really know what you mean by impact on the card and that's the only thing that would have changed how the card was booked

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Funny enough, I watched Roadblock 1 the other day and remembered the Ambrose/HHH match happened after 1) Roman won the Rumble and 2) Brock accepted Dean's challenge. If they had Dean go over HHH, you could've had a really interesting fatal four way build to WrestleMania.

and possibly taint roman's victory over HHH???

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VJeff posted:

Didn't that match get 10 minutes added on to it unexpectedly?

yes and iirc the stupid mop spot was a vince idea

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

league of nations owned just by being exactly as ineffective as their namesake and then breaking up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Seth Rollins also doesn't portray that he's an Architect.

a t-square would at least be a new and novel weapon in a match

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

outside of a balor return i can't think of a main eventer that could win the rumble that isn't already booked for another match that night

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wait for that dong

oh yeah forgot about him. would he even be able to reach the ring before the next entrant came out?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

Rumble will be won by Roman again because they can't resist ruining the royal rumble by forcing him down our throats like they have the past what. Five years now?

thankfully roman is booked in a singles match and thus is probably unlikely to compete in the rumble.

otoh vince still draws breath so anything can happen

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VJeff posted:

Roman wrestling a fifteen minute championship match and the Rumble in the same night would be hilarious, he'd have to take a hit of oxygen halfway through his OOOOOOOAAAAAH spot.

nah just reform the league of nations and repeat last year's stupidity

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Reigns defending the US title on Raw against Jericho and Owens in a handicap match
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2017-01-09?sf49744641=1

ffffffff you goddamn morons had the perfect opportunity to take the belt off him this week

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Venomous posted:

at least they won't put Roman in the main event of Wrestlemania again, right?

reigns/braun will be the main event for the UC and it will be hilarious

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also i must have missed but why they are stacking the odds against Roman? Whats the storyline reason? He pissed of Stephanie or something like that? And why is GM Foley letting this happen? So many questions!

no you didn't miss it, they have given absolutely zero reason for this match. especially after world's smartest referee john cone didn't fall for the eddie guerrero spot

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

No explanation is better than a bad explanation i guess.

i can't even think of an explanation, not even a bad one

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Stephanie hates him

i was going to say they haven't interacted in weeks but then i remembered her teasing a shield reunion a raw or two ago

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Gavok posted:

I got to read an advance copy of this week's WWE comic, which I highly recommend. It takes place between Rollins turning on the Shield and Rollins winning the title. Even though it happens during Rollins' heel run, it does a way better job setting up Rollins vs. Triple H than the entire last year of Raw. Rollins comes off as way more sympathetic and likable than he does now.

it'd be awesome if they perhaps used the 3 hours RAW to tell this story rather than a comic i will never buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao jesus

• Locked thread