Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Codependent Poster posted:

No, he should not go back to the main event.

Are you all forgetting this is the pattern with the Miz? Does a great job being a midcard heel. Then he gets moved to the main event, and everyone gets sick of him real quick because he doesn't translate well to a main event heel. Then he gets sent to the midcard again to regain his heat where he does a great job. Rinse and repeat.

Miz's biggest problem as a main event heel is that he was used as an accessory to other stories. That's a horrible way to book your champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Please give me a couple days to watch Wrestle Kingdom on my normal american job working schedule before you talk about it in this thread, thanks everyone!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

agreed, he didn't used to look like this but after the Shield/initial Rollins feud he lost a lot of weight and got lax as gently caress in the ring. Roman puts on way better matches now especially since he can finally lift people for dos powerbombs
In his video package for the Lesnar match he said he stopped working out and just ran around the Nevada desert as a workout. I assume that's why he lost weight. Also a poor idea all around.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Roman still doesn't lift people for powerbombs. They all jump up on his shoulders after he catches a leg or something.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

No Irish Need Imply posted:

In his video package for the Lesnar match he said he stopped working out and just ran around the Nevada desert as a workout. I assume that's why he lost weight. Also a poor idea all around.

Miz may have bragged about working a safe style but Dean has a lot of guys beat there. maybe he deserves it though, crazy fucker came out of a history of CZW bloodbath, which never ceases to impress me. He came from the lowest possible pedigree and got to the top.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Are you all forgetting this is the pattern with the Miz? Does a great job being a midcard heel. Then he gets moved to the main event, and everyone gets sick of him real quick because he doesn't translate well to a main event heel. Then he gets sent to the midcard again to regain his heat where he does a great job. Rinse and repeat.
It's been over six years since Miz was a main event heel. I'd like to think he's evolved since then.

He has no business being a face tho, main event or otherwise.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Please give me a couple days to watch Wrestle Kingdom on my normal american job working schedule before you talk about it in this thread, thanks everyone!

:yeah: I mean, I'm probably going to watch most of the big matches tonight but still

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Arguably the Miz has been working as a main event level guy on his brand for months now though. He doesn't look out of place, truth be told he's flourishing. He's been solidly good for a year now since his first match with AJ post rumble, and he quietly got on with having good matches with good talent, and upping his game in every way. He's the best he's been in his career and his timing and psychology is now really loving good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm (still) so happy

IcePhoenix posted:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

:yeah: I mean, I'm probably going to watch most of the big matches tonight but still

You will love it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No guys. Trust me. Leave the Miz where he is. Otherwise in a few months everyone will be here saying how bad he is again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How to debut any new talent in WWE.

Wrestler: My name is wrestler and I'm here to tell everyone in the back that I'm rough, tough, and don't take no guff.
Nerd Interviewer: That's a double negative that means you do take guff.
Wrestler: *bronco busters that nerd*

Just copy and paste that into the script it doesn't matter if it's a face or heel.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leave The Miz on SD. I pity the fools who wants to trade him for that loser Sami.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

No guys. Trust me. Leave the Miz where he is. Otherwise in a few months everyone will be here saying how bad he is again.
goons say that about literally everyone

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RealFoxy posted:

goons say that about literally everyone

His last run at the top was really bad, and coming off a similar wave of good will. It was also handled really bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Miz will be Always Bad.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Miz was not a good wrestler before Daniel Bryan gently criticised him. Now he is the living reincarnation of Dynamite Kid.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mike mizanin best promo in the business

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Roman still doesn't lift people for powerbombs. They all jump up on his shoulders after he catches a leg or something.

its an improvement at least

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Just realizing there's been 2 instances this week of the wrestler arguing the ref out of a DQ decision. Didn't that leak document a few weeks ago specifically say not to make refs lose credibility?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blaise330 posted:

Just realizing there's been 2 instances this week of the wrestler arguing the ref out of a DQ decision. Didn't that leak document a few weeks ago specifically say not to make refs lose credibility?

I'm still laughing about that entire sequence last night

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

Last night was fine because you can see it as it was the ref's discretion, and kicking Maryse from ringside was a better punishment.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm still laughing about that entire sequence last night

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?

I think it was a good judgment call by the referee to no have his hand forced to let his hand be forced.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Last night was fine because you can see it as it was the ref's discretion, and kicking Maryse from ringside was a better punishment.

Also its going to be used to build Dean-Miz feud. I hope The Miz has the same lawyers as Charlotte.

Also Smackdown Live: A+ Show

https://zippy.gfycat.com/GroundedOpulentElephantbeetle.webm

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 4, 2017

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I hope La Lynchadora multiplies exponentially for every episode of Smackdown this feud runs through

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

I hope La Lynchadora multiplies exponentially for every episode of Smackdown this feud runs through

Technically there was only 1 the first two times, so more of a Fibonacci sequence.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I hope The Miz brings back his good friends the Spirit Squad to take Dean down.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

the other la luchadora is naomi right

also my hot take on RAW is that bill goldberg has spindly old man arms

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Efexeye posted:

the other la luchadora is naomi right

In the end it will be Mickie James so she can feud with Alexa over the belt

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Flair's podcast is over and his shirts are off PWTees tonight

What's up with Flair

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

so how was neck bump mania last night

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Flair's podcast is over and his shirts are off PWTees tonight

What's up with Flair

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/816665422611283968

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Please no

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MinibarMatchman posted:

Miz may have bragged about working a safe style but Dean has a lot of guys beat there. maybe he deserves it though, crazy fucker came out of a history of CZW bloodbath, which never ceases to impress me. He came from the lowest possible pedigree and got to the top.

Bryan pointed something out on Talking Smack. Ambrose has wrestled the most matches in the company, period, two years running. I think I once heard some absolutely insane figure like he wrestled 300 matches in the span of a year at one point. Given that, it absolutely makes sense his style is so soft. Yeah, his suicide dive looks like poo poo but he's never gonna get injured and miss four months because of it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope i never have to see Flair on tv anymore.

Also i want Taeler Hendrix Luchadora.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Show the La Luchadora rear end

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
God, I love Ambrose so much. That guy should've had a Wrestlemania built around him already at this point. Specifically the last one. :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

God, I love Ambrose so much. That guy should've had a Wrestlemania built around him already at this point. Specifically the last one. :(

Stop the gimmick infringement.

(I agree)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bradzilla posted:

In the end it will be Mickie James so she can feud with Alexa over the belt

Uh, no it'll be Becky vs. Mickie. Which will have some really good wrestling.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Uh, no it'll be Becky vs. Mickie. Which will have some really good wrestling.

Is Mickie the heel then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

Where do you feel he was cut out of the narrative of the last Wrestlemania??

• Locked thread