Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sloober posted:

You can set 6 orbs after you get to 5, you just cant add more diamonds

OK so you set the six orbs, can't upgrade again, and then that character is finished?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Radish posted:

OK so you set the six orbs, can't upgrade again, and then that character is finished?

Correct, that unit is then fully promoted and orbed. From there you play dress em up and pray for gear sets soon.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I just ran a solo Ymir fight to see if my team was anywhere near being able to work it yet. Luca/Saber/Thor/Urd/Verdandi, Verd and Thor are fully upgraded, Saber and Luca are at p4, and Urd is just trying her best at 3* p2. Long story short the team wiped real quick with only Luca left standing and I quit. Guess I'll need to try and work on some of the other characters with immunity rings. It's funny though, I never see any of the super hard boss characters in use. I think I used a fully upgraded Ymir merc once, and he was just ok. Is there really any reason to bother with them? Seems like a whole lot of work for characters that aren't all that exciting. I get that they'd rather have people paying for gacha characters, but sheesh

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I just ran a solo Ymir fight to see if my team was anywhere near being able to work it yet. Luca/Saber/Thor/Urd/Verdandi, Verd and Thor are fully upgraded, Saber and Luca are at p4, and Urd is just trying her best at 3* p2. Long story short the team wiped real quick with only Luca left standing and I quit. Guess I'll need to try and work on some of the other characters with immunity rings. It's funny though, I never see any of the super hard boss characters in use. I think I used a fully upgraded Ymir merc once, and he was just ok. Is there really any reason to bother with them? Seems like a whole lot of work for characters that aren't all that exciting. I get that they'd rather have people paying for gacha characters, but sheesh

As far as I know they're for bragging rights and vanity (the portraits). As you say, they aren't really special but I'm fine with that to be honest. If they were something special, people would beeline getting the chars they need to get them meaning much less interest in events and so on. Plus it'd make the guild scene a lot more competitive and I get recruiters nagging me quite enough already thanks.

I plan on getting them all eventually but it's not on my priority list. I like the look of Mimirs portrait though and saw a JP video of someone soloing her (they're at L65 now though).

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Looks like they tightened up their emulator detection again. Understandable but a PITA seeing as the last OTA update for my shield tablet bricked it.

I've ended up having to do a full factory reset on the K1 which has at least fixed it but it's not exactly fast. At least the data transfer works (remember to set this up if you haven't already).

A new connect, Hell mode and that Fox tailed thing as a no guarantee summon. I guess you got to milk the furries while you can huh ;)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like using Ymir mercs mainly because that laser of his looks awesome. He's alright in the tower thingamajigs. And that Angrboda lady was good at blowing up a couple of problem floors.

Anyway, been focusing mainly on Hero Quests recently, finished a lot of the low rarity ones and a few high ones. Had a good sort out of my usual team, that's quite good now. Main team is all purple with various upgrades of that, Urd and Saber and Luca are all 5*, with Verd at 4 and Miku at 3, and I farmed up an extra hat for Miku so now everyone on the team has Regnerate. I dunno how useful that actually is but it feels like a good thing. Also everyone has their Sp weapon and a few have their X as well. Is Luca's Sp worth using

fake edit: finally, Niji is 5*. She's been 49/50 for what feels like ages. I don't use her much but that was annoying. Saber upgrading was similar only it was 47/50 for ages and suddenly she got three at once.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
An update is coming tomorrow. The news item says we're getting more inventory space so please, dear sweet satan, let this be the gear set update. I am so fed up swapping gear around and my arena teams suffer greatly when I need their gear on event units.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Unsurprising to see the star party split into two banners but it's still rather disappointing.

If you've not got many of the SP heroes, you'll definitely want to hit that guaranteed 3 step one then stop. Chances are you won't get what you want but it's discounted and you will get something.

I'm only missing Dielle and that new elf guy though so I'm considering not bothering at all. On the one hand a small chance is better than none, on the other hand the chance is a hell of a lot less than 'small'. Money for diamonds would be better spent on stamina packs to do more orbs I feel. Especially since I hit the discounted costume step and got Thruds bikini ;)

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Expanded inventory is welcome since I rammed the limit with junk that I'm too lazy to do something with.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Still no end to these crappy star parties. Great for anyone just starting but nothing for me. Still it means I'm not spending much so my wallet's happier. Stamina from packs now and again plus the Freya medium pack has 900 QTs in it.

I was tempted to have a go at the moon party but the chances are just as bad there with so much filler junk in the game so I've just been putting in event diamonds as they build up. Absolutely nothing except dupes of course but with coming events being more anniversary star parties and that KoF garbage I see no reason to stockpile. At least the new units aren't game changers or OP, just slightly different versions of existing units.

I really feel like I'm just marking time at the moment. It's just too much hassle to swap gear around all the time, until they add proper gear management I'll keep on sending naked teams to connects.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Finally, the update tomorrow is adding gear sets! Of course, there's still the possibility that what they add sucks but it'll be better than nothing. They also announced a new collab for tomorrow, given what's been in JP that would be the fighter one that has the console kids excited.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Lets prod this thread back into life (if nothing else it's easier than pecking on my tablets virtual keyboard).

Inventory now goes up to 926, remember to buy the extra space.
Nordic shield from the anniversary shop - get at least one as high as you can. It can be used by melee or ranged and it's very much part of the new meta.
Niconico is back. Get more swords (at first glance they appear worthless but they let your high MATK mages pick off the other guys and let mages do damage against high MDEF bosses)
The 5 orb event is still running and stamina packs are on sale again.

Angrbodr will be back as of the next downtime (11/11). Pick a time you want to try a few and see if we can farm her.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How the heck are you supposed to get Awakening Stones? Hero Quests->Silver keys->Gold Keys->40 shards->10 stones for three characters per awakening would take forever even with unlimited stamina. I have to be missing something.

Also is there any sort of weapon/armor tier list? I've hit the point where that's what's holding back my characters advancing but I'm not sure which gear to spend the resources to buff.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Radish posted:

How the heck are you supposed to get Awakening Stones? Hero Quests->Silver keys->Gold Keys->40 shards->10 stones for three characters per awakening would take forever even with unlimited stamina. I have to be missing something.

Also is there any sort of weapon/armor tier list? I've hit the point where that's what's holding back my characters advancing but I'm not sure which gear to spend the resources to buff.

Those parts were the slowest bit for me, the keys are horribly low rate drops. I started getting keys for Gullweig weeks before they unlocked the awakening and I still had to use some crystal keys to get enough. This is the part that Ateam milks impatient folk for money from. I bought crystal keys from the anniversary store (one of the recent events had them anyway). Only the unit being awakened needs 10 stones, the other 2 side units take 30 shards (which is considerably easier).
Awakening is definitely worth doing though. Skuld and Gull in particular benefit and become cornerstone units afterwards. While setting up my onslaught team today I noticed both Odin and Gullweig ended up at 13.6k MATK. With a little item swapping I could get either to 14.5k - really well worth doing when you slap a L40 nico sword on there.

There's no decent list that I know of. Reddit hosted one for a while (it may still be there) but it was pretty poo poo. I get anything I use to at least 4* L30 and skill 4, that's a basic minimum which is fairly easy to reach. Things like 5* bangles and items I always use get priority to L50 and skill 5. Keep a list of special gear and use the silver mana summon ones to level the skill up - this is the google sheet I copied from some guy.

Copy this to your g drive

Getting gear to 5* L40 makes a massive difference and is relatively cheap in terms of mana to level the gear. Getting to L50 is very expensive but worth doing for things you use over and over again (tank gear and accessories mainly).

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cool thanks. That makes a big difference that the other two characters just need the shards which I totally missed. It will still take me forever but not a literal eternity as I thought. Is there a key quest level that's optimal for getting shards?

About what power level do you need to be to start doing CH501 and Up stuff? I'm clearly not close to it despite having level 64, max orbed, and 5 star stuff so I need to focus on getting gear better.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 29, 2017

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Radish posted:

Cool thanks. That makes a big difference that the other two characters just need the shards which I totally missed. It will still take me forever but not a literal eternity as I thought. Is there a key quest level that's optimal for getting shards?

About what power level do you need to be to start doing CH501 and Up stuff? I'm clearly not close to it despite having level 64, max orbed, and 5 star stuff so I need to focus on getting gear better.

I only use the 4th one to convert silver keys into the gold ones. The rate is bad, like 1 in 3 or 4 bad but it's the best one. Then I use the top one to get shards and stones, it always gives stones and shards from what I've seen so the gold keys (or crystal ones) are the bottleneck. So long as your unit is purple framed and geared up, it'll win. A fully orbed unit will win naked.

The super connects don't really have a power level requirement. It's more that you can beat the solo version (or survive till at least the last phase). I've beaten Angrbodr and Ymir myself, plus we did some 3 man multi Angrbodr with guild folk. The solo version is slightly tougher to do than the multi with 3 people so that's why it's used as a milestone.
I use this page to build the teams. It's not perfect (you may have rare-ish gear it doesn't mention that would be better) so use your judgement and be prepared to do a lot of tweaking. I think I spent about 3 hours beating Angrbodr the first time as it's very RNG dependent. If your regen gear doesn't trigger you're hosed - quit and try again.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Why does the list say to sell most the SP weapons? Isn’t it a boost to have both SP and X versions equipped?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

Why does the list say to sell most the SP weapons? Isn’t it a boost to have both SP and X versions equipped?

Because the guy who made it is mostly F2P and hurting for blacksmith tokens maybe?

Most SP weapons are useful to have yes but once you have both the SP and X to 5 star and the skill to 5 (from merging spare SPs) they're no longer useful. Personally I use the spreadsheet to tell me which spares I can use to fuse with gear - I can always use XP. I don't sell them because I get enough blacksmith coin from selling bronze/silver reforge and token items. Once you're able to farm 7* solo connects you can make silly amounts of mana.

Some items aren't worth having both IMO. Like Odins staff, Niji's bracelet or Michelle's collar - if you have the X use that (I keep the SP version just in case of course).

A word on Awakening. The current score thing lets you level up Gullveigs awakening passives and holy crap is she strong now. It's grindy of course (but not as bad as the awakening in the first place). She has 4 skills which get more expensive to raise each time and must be done in a particular order. The final levels are the following constants:

HP 15% up to self
MATK 27% up to self
MDEF 15% up to self
ATK 15% up to all male allies

Mine is at L8 just now and without gear at L65 she is 32,274 PS. Fully equiped she's devastating.

The take-away is, if you're not awakening, you're going to get shat on in anything PvP. If they start balancing PvE against awakened teams you're screwed.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Trying to get into this again. Had to drop it a year ago because my ex kicked me out and I stopped being able to use his credit card to get shiny new units I wanted. (I think I spent like 50k gems trying to get Odin, whatever that's even worth LOL)

Negatives: can't progress in my arena, and can't move to other ones because I one time had a really high arena score. Oh well. Have no idea how new connect bosses work. Feel like my once-upon-a-time good team is not that great and I don't know what like 80% of these new units or gear do. Have a TON of gear that I don't remember what I was doing with, and need to eventually sit down and set up some gear sets. Am not at level cap.

Positives: uhhhhh apparently orbing is really easy now since they drop in 5s??? Last time I played they dropped like 1 or 2 at a time, jeez. Something something keys and awakenings.

Basically saying hi. I see a few people are still playing this dumb norse anime gacha.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Sorry to hear about the breakup, I can imagine that would be a little disruptive. It's easier to explain things in here than the game (tapping on my tablet isn't fun).

Power creep has been getting worse lately. Alice you can get in the soul trader, keep an eye out for her (she also appears in a guaranteed 3 step now and again). Frey and Sylva are the latest arena breaking additions to keep the whales weeping. You have a roughly 0.3% chance of getting one apparently so don't bother unless you have next to no star/moon party units.

Alice makes all Aesir sleep meaning if you take Aesir to the arena you're going to get stomped. Frey does fire damage and charms 3 random enemies - purity rings only protect female melee so Frey is 'LOL, you lose!' unless you build a dwarf team or something. Plus they've had a habit lately of introducing a new connect battle which is hard to beat but "tada, this new hero just happens to be the perfect counter". There's plenty of scope for salt as the business model still seems to be heavily slanted to milking new players rather than retention.

If you don't get worked up over not completing everything or having every unit, the game is still fun to play and pretty to look at. Don't buy anything. If you must, the monthly stamina or Urd stam packs are about all I'd get. Anything else will just encourage them to keep on with the unhealthy business methods. I hope they change and give the game a future. As it is they're vomiting out new stuff at a breakneck pace to keep the last few big players feeding cash in for the latest OP unit.

Resources:

Ateam has nothing official of any use, the Reddit stuff was good but the maintainers have given up trying to keep pace recently. I think some of them have quit playing too. The Ateam rep hasn't posted anything since before Christmas either.

SP/X weapons list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FE0avI9Su1oCVErBl183UgtJbRdjwM60HB8dgASUsp4/edit#gid=0

Awakening list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O4sSW2uHYrw_mWfVpQbLsLyLvDBVkK-sdnG4VKaB2wk/edit#gid=0

The Connect list on reddit is still fairly valid so use that to make your teams.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Thanks for the welcome back and the explanations!

I was surprised to hear about Alice since she's ranked quite lowly on the random jp tier list I found, but the sleep-aesirs-in-arena thing is something I happened to see during grand arena so, uh, yeah, I can see that. To be honest I was never too huge on PVP anyway but I can see where the power creep is coming in. Units like Frey and Urd/Noa (I think? the healers?) I don't have yet for obvious reasons.

Re: keys - I should use 10 silver and then the 5 gold, right?

I guess my goals are to eventually reach the new level cap and purple orb/5* my main heroes (which I hadn't completed back before I quit). I'm slowly going through quests but 23-4 and onwards I haven't quite 3* which is why I'm thinking I should orb myself up (but on the downside I may not be doing it efficiently if I don't have all the stages unlocked...). I'm using mercs but often one of my other units ends up dying on me from some AOE attack, heh.

Back before I quit I had just hit level 50 right before level 55 got released and so didn't even get to doing 6* connects. Nevermind 7* or super connect bosses. I'll have to look into all of those eventually, heh.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Urd is pretty much a must have long term, Baldr just can't cope. Noa isn't as good at healing as Urd but she's the only non-aesir healer.

Keys: Be causeful on the gold keys step. Don't use them until you actually need to. When an awakening gets enabled the main unit gets an 8 star step added that has the rune stones. If you use your keys prior to this you only get shards.

Yeah don't worry too much about the campaign. Open what you can then concentrate on orbing and hop into connects when you can. You need 12 of a bangle to 5 star it but having some quality gear makes a big difference.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Urd has evaded me ever since she appeared so I'm stuck with Baldr. She would make my life so much easier in connects if I had her.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Considering it took me like 50k gems to pull an Odin I have a feeling that even if I whale out I'm going to have a hard time getting the "greats." (my Odin is 3* too because I got him like a day before I quit. Go figure.)

Careful use of mercenary and placement got me 3* up to 26-2 which I'm a bit stuck at (mani boss). I know that makes me sound like a noob since there are like five more chapters, heh. But getting 5 orbs at a time is so much crazy easy than it was a year ago so I'm going to focus on that.

And I'll save the keys. I'm assuming I need to orb and 5* the heroes to awaken the ones that have awakenings but the heck do I know. Heh.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Your problem will be that Urd is now just one of so many. The star party is stuffed with tons of units plus all the usual 3 stars and the 3 star gear. You'd probably get something but a specific hero is very unlikely. Over Christmas you could have used the tickets to get her but they were 15,000 tokens each - not exactly a short grind.

I haven't done the last chapters myself yet to be honest. I'll do those once they up the level limit to 70.

Yes. You can only awaken a hero that is fully orbed which is why I'm not worried about Zato, Chun Li (not even in global yet I think) or Litany. It costs a large amount of stam to awaken a hero and the levels cost another 15 to 20k on top. I have Risa half awakened and want to get Brunhild done as soon as it's released to global. Verdandi after that then Cannon and Mirka whenever. Having at least one of each element awakened will be good.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Awakening didn't change the game. Not at alllll

That's all gear 5 star, L50 and skill 5. Awakening level is only 8 but I'd need Boelthor to be back and a ton of dark teardrop things to increase that. Max is L26 and that costs a total of 1500 score crystals and 15 CB runes.

I've got Brunhild and Litany up as mercs at the moment. Luca was barely being used but Brun is a huge hit (no poo poo huh). Litany will be the next one getting the gear polish - her "beat you to death by healing you" gimmick is hilarious.

I've been meaning to post my list of orbed chars, they've built up to quite an (un)healthy level.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I really should do Awakenings but I just never get round to the Connect Battle doings. Orbs is easy if time-consuming. I like having Saber and Miku about too much to be too competitive though. I just like unlocking new characters the most really. Rest of the team is usually Luca/Verdandi/Urd. I really run out of steam in the story once the barriers start though. And it's always the timer, I can sandbag forever most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

McDragon posted:

I really should do Awakenings but I just never get round to the Connect Battle doings. Orbs is easy if time-consuming. I like having Saber and Miku about too much to be too competitive though. I just like unlocking new characters the most really. Rest of the team is usually Luca/Verdandi/Urd. I really run out of steam in the story once the barriers start though. And it's always the timer, I can sandbag forever most of the time.

From the last ones I did, it takes about 2 to 3000 stam if you can grind out the 8* solo version. Arena and collosseum are dead unless you spend a few hundred a month to keep up. That said though, keep teams in and put something up for the themed ones because it all adds up over time and those special items are very nice. The problem is, to do 8*s on auto, you need a varied selection of units to pick from and the rings from other 8* CBs. So you have to bootstrap doing 7* for rings that let you get rings from 8* and once you have enough of those the 8* CBs are piss easy.

I keep meaning to post this so here we go. What I have:

Awakened
Brunhild
Cannon
Chun Li
Fei Lang
Gullvieg
Litany
Mirka
Odin
Risa
Sasha
Skuld
Verdandi

Fully Orbed
Ayame
Fenrir
Hrungnir
Liesa
Luca
Materia
Mia
Norn
Niji
Petra
Saber
Senna
Sif
Skadi
Sonia
Summer Skuld
Thor
Thrud
Vidar
Volundr
Amaterasu
Arte
Baldr
Freya
Gylfi
Hel
Kili
Jormungand
Lipka
Mani
Miku
Nabby
Urd
Valkyrie Miku
YB Ymir
Alice
Arnauld
Dielle
Kagamin Rin
Matisse
Megurine Luka
Momiji
Nautica
Ranco
Sara
Tinker
Wolfgang

They have to be fully orbed to awaken them. Momiji will be available soon and I've started farming her shards already. Thrud is all ready to go as soon as they release the CBs for it and her 8* key quest.

What bothers me is that despite those, I get my face kicked in by teams with 40k less PS. All the recent cash grab additions have a third skill on top of being utterly OP in the first place (Red God Frey). I've put a lot of time and money into this game and I really like it but the owners don't seem to give a drat about retaining people. If there was anything else with decent graphics and the PvE depth this has but a long term business model rather than cycle new players, I'd switch.

• Locked thread