Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

My problem is I have too many units that I'm fairly sure are good; Freya, Loki, Heim, Idun, Baldr, Luflit, Zato, Hel, Canon is ranked higher than Momiji, but I have both...

For arena I'd actually do Heim, Zato, Freya, Hel & Canon (or Momiji). It's a good idea to have at least one ranger in the back because otherwise other Momijis can eat your mages for breakfast. Canon and Wolfgang are usually placed in that slot because they do MATK and can thus do well against Heim's ATK barrier. I have not played with/faced Zato but apparently if built up he can destroy other people's Heim's so you'd have him there for that. You can play around, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Clocks posted:

For arena I'd actually do Heim, Zato, Freya, Hel & Canon (or Momiji). It's a good idea to have at least one ranger in the back because otherwise other Momijis can eat your mages for breakfast. Canon and Wolfgang are usually placed in that slot because they do MATK and can thus do well against Heim's ATK barrier. I have not played with/faced Zato but apparently if built up he can destroy other people's Heim's so you'd have him there for that. You can play around, though.

Zato does exactly that. Mine jumps in and does between 9 and 16k damage. I'm still around the 1200 rank mark today too which surprised me. Having no archer can be a hassle but mostly it's 6 or half a dozen since Heim drops so fast anyway. I might try a few battles with the wolf dude and see if he makes much difference.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I bought some diamonds today thinking I'd get in on that 3 times thing that ends today. I was not disappointed. The first pull was 5 super rares and the next 2 had three each. I ended up taking Moon God Mani, Witch Gullvieg and Battle God Thrud home along with enough soul gems to promote both Heimdall and Vali to 4*.

Definitely staying away from the crap shoot for a while now though as I must have used up a few months worth of luck in the last week.

I did some experiments with the arena today too. Could we change the guild message to make it clearer please? Win or lose doesn't matter, we get guild experience for any arena or grand arena fight. Just keep doing them any time you have a free go.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Those are some great pulls! Gachas are never kind to me. :(

You actually get guild experience anytime you use stamina as well. Guild experience & level don't really mean anything right now but there will be guild PVP battles soon so those might be relevant then?

I got Heimdall to 5*. He looks pretty cool and beefy. I've been staring at him my entire game so seeing the 5* details was very satisfying.

Some other random stuff - JP has a "super connect boss" named Jormungand (basically a huge whale thing) that is harder than normal and I think goes up to 7*. He has super high light resistance so people were reporting that their Thors and stuff basically did no damage, so you really need characters that can attack using earth and other elements instead. I like this because it means that there is reason to level up a variety of characters. Completing 7* successfully dropped a 3* ring. We know this because ATeam screwed up and accidentally released Jormungand for the global version for a tiny bit.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I don't see anyone in the overflow guild. If a bunch of people are waiting in pubbie guilds we should probably move over. Currently level 26.

As far as interesting stuff from free diamonds.

Canon, Zato, Hel, Baldr, Heim is my current team for everything so I have something to focus on.
I just pulled Thor and thinking of replacing Zato based on general pubbie opinion but based on this thread it sounds like Zato is really good for arena. I need to ditch Baldr healing hasn't proved to be that useful (I'm sure it's nice in harder connects).

Other 3*s
Loki, Fei Lang
Other Magic
Luflit, Sakura, 1*s everyone has.

I assume another banner will happen at some point and I should hold my diamonds for that. I'd really like a Freya especially when my team is mostly still blue getting on to purple and all still 3* so there isn't a huge regrind.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Been playing this for a while now. I made it to level 35 yesterday and my current team is Heimdall, Skuld, Hel, Freya and Momiji, although I'm training up a whole bunch of 3-stars like Thrud, Thor, Loki etc because the chapter 13 boss completely walls me off and I have nothing better to do. I really wish it was easier to load up characters with equipment, like auto-equip, letting two characters carry the same item as long as they're not in the same team and loadouts, so mixing and matching teams is easier. I also tend to lose in the arena against teams with a lower power rating, is it because these folks micromanage their teams or is there more of a randomness factor?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

horriblePencilist posted:

Been playing this for a while now. I made it to level 35 yesterday and my current team is Heimdall, Skuld, Hel, Freya and Momiji, although I'm training up a whole bunch of 3-stars like Thrud, Thor, Loki etc because the chapter 13 boss completely walls me off and I have nothing better to do. I really wish it was easier to load up characters with equipment, like auto-equip, letting two characters carry the same item as long as they're not in the same team and loadouts, so mixing and matching teams is easier. I also tend to lose in the arena against teams with a lower power rating, is it because these folks micromanage their teams or is there more of a randomness factor?

Easy solution which has been mentioned before: Go to the leaderboard and follow the top 10 or 20 players. Go to the fight that's holding you back and pick a L50 Heimdall. Profit.

It's a new game so we can hope better management options come later. For right now though we have to suck it up. For arena there is no micromanagement, anything you press is ignored as far as I can tell. It auto uses specials and limit as it feels like. Probably to make it so that arena battles can't be influenced by lag - it's strictly your chars and gear vs theirs. There's also a bit of random in hit sizes, crits etc.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just accepted some apps to the 2nd guild and made candyleader Jarl. You're captain of the ship now, friend!

The guild message was something I did at the beginning to help level the guild. Now that we are at capacity, I can change it to whatever.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just accepted some apps to the 2nd guild and made candyleader Jarl. You're captain of the ship now, friend!

The guild message was something I did at the beginning to help level the guild. Now that we are at capacity, I can change it to whatever.

I was in a pubbie guild because it looked abandoned can someone accept me now? (Pancakemonster).

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Since I transferred permissions in the new guild I can't, but someone will soon.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Applied to the overflow guild as Suometar, While I was rerolling I read you could change your name in game, but I cant seem to find where to do that.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Fenris13 posted:

Applied to the overflow guild as Suometar, While I was rerolling I read you could change your name in game, but I cant seem to find where to do that.

tap your portrait in the top left of the main screen and you can change it there.

i pulled the new char last night on stage 1 and got a heimdall alongside. today i got loki who i already had a 3* weapon for. main chars i'm aiming for now are niji/luflit/momoji since they seem like top chars for the arena.

gonna host a bunch of the mermaid event when agdq starts to try and get a shard.

once you get one shard of event heroes like this you can then get the rest from the hero quest to unlock them, but you can only get the shards to drop from being the host of the connect battle.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Thanks, found it. My application to the runnoff guild may be under my new name of SacSquid. What is agdq? I noticed that event is leaving in less than 2 days and wouldn't mind getting one shard before then.

I pulled on the new banner twice and both times got 3 3*s. The first pull gave me Freya and Skuld's weapon X, and the second gave me a Niji. I am not sure if i should pull a third time for the guarantee of the new character, or just wait till they add new characters that I want, that Lucas dude looks pretty good.

I am currently running Niji, Skuld, Freya, Wulfgang, and Canon.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
first pull didnt get me the new hero, but did get me gullveig and moon god along with a ton of souls for existing heros

also i managed to break into top 3500 arena for whatever group im in, so thats goooooood poo poo

e: should i be using stamina to clear all the level 3 hero quests every day or host connect battles....

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 8, 2017

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

e: should i be using stamina to clear all the level 3 hero quests every day or host connect battles....
My priorities for stamina are:
- hero quests for my main team, plus other strong characters (so for instance I do Thor/Hel/Freya/Wolfgang, but I also do like, Canon/Gull/all the connect characters/Mani/etc). This is only really feasible with the $4 300-stamina-a-day pack, if you don't have that then basically only focus on your main team to start with. Use your judgment on this one. Don't forget that Grand Arena & Onslaught events do reward having more than five characters beefed up.
- at least 10 quests for orbs for the daily. until the 11th I would actually recommend dumping the rest of your stamina into farming orbs because of the event. depending on how new you are it is important to get your main team to purple frame
- if you need mana, the best way to farm it is to host the highest connect you can reasonably clear/carry. So for instance, a 4* gives, I think, something like 1.2k mana per stamina, plus a chance at hero shards. I don't think this week is good for mana farming but that's how it's done.

-----

Thought it would be fun to share my misadventures with gacha pulls. In the past few years I've basically become known for having some absolutely terrible RNG luck and if it works as a cautionary measure for anyone else, great! Here were my first two pulls for Matisse:

That's a pull with all 2* and a pull with a single 3* regen helm. The bright side is that I now have a 5* Mele. :downs:

Basically, especially if you are free to play, save your diamonds for 1) star party (increased chances at good drops AND a guaranteed 3* each time) or 2) other special pulls that have rate chances up + a guarantee at the end. This pull does guarantee Matisse at step 3 but Matisse isn't amazingly better than Canon or Wolfgang so most people should skip her.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
thanks!

also my second 10pull got me a 3* armor for momiji annnnd a bunch of souls for mani, but otherwise nothing to write home about. if i grind out connect battles and get that 50 diamond bonus for the rest of them + finish hero quests + the story i could probably get two more 10 pulls and get guaranteed alchemist

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
For mana, the current hero exp and mana thing is x3. I made over 2M mana there today leveling my hero collection (the qualifying ones anyway).

Now, please try to remain calm and not hurt me. The first pull of that new banner with the alchemist got me this

Being a glutton I hit it another 3 times using my remaining gems but it was worth it. I have 3 more 4* heroes now including the new one. Next I need to convert the mana to gear, reforge if necessary and get at least something on all my decent heroes.

On the other hand, I got pretty much bugger all from the hero quests today but I don't have much right to complain at this point.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Applied to smorgas as finagle!

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The new sky whale turned out pretty easy to get. I hosted 1 through 3 of the connects then the first 4* I hosted dropped the soul. Unlocking it will take ages if the mermaid is anything to go by (she's still 9/10).

The bow for 1000 whale points looks worth farming up too. I might see if I can get a 2nd bikini before the mermaid event ends.

Mostly though I need to strip all my heroes and spend time with the horrible UI to mash up a set of super gear. There's no remove all button so I guess I have a lot of screen pressing to look forward to.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

baram. posted:

tap your portrait in the top left of the main screen and you can change it there.

i pulled the new char last night on stage 1 and got a heimdall alongside. today i got loki who i already had a 3* weapon for. main chars i'm aiming for now are niji/luflit/momoji since they seem like top chars for the arena.

gonna host a bunch of the mermaid event when agdq starts to try and get a shard.

once you get one shard of event heroes like this you can then get the rest from the hero quest to unlock them, but you can only get the shards to drop from being the host of the connect battle.

You can also buy a shard for 1000 Boss tokens that you get for doing damage. If you join connect battles all day it's pretty doable. Though the armor / weapons tend to be really powerful and useful for other characters.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ratzap posted:

The new sky whale turned out pretty easy to get. I hosted 1 through 3 of the connects then the first 4* I hosted dropped the soul. Unlocking it will take ages if the mermaid is anything to go by (she's still 9/10).

The bow for 1000 whale points looks worth farming up too. I might see if I can get a 2nd bikini before the mermaid event ends.

Mostly though I need to strip all my heroes and spend time with the horrible UI to mash up a set of super gear. There's no remove all button so I guess I have a lot of screen pressing to look forward to.

You can select gear another character is wearing, it will ask you if you are sure you want to take it off. If you want to just mass sell the stuff you can do this all from a single character and it will keep taking off whatever is currently equip and steal the item from the other person. It's a bit quicker than going to every character.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

pixaal posted:

You can also buy a shard for 1000 Boss tokens that you get for doing damage. If you join connect battles all day it's pretty doable. Though the armor / weapons tend to be really powerful and useful for other characters.

I wouldn't recommend this just because the equip is usually more worthwhile. Host your own connects until you get a hero crystal (which can take a bit due to RNG, hosted like five or six 4* connects and still haven't gotten one, which I usually do by now).

As a sidenote it takes twelve copies of connect equipment to fuse up to 5* since they don't follow the general fusing rules.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

pixaal posted:

You can select gear another character is wearing, it will ask you if you are sure you want to take it off. If you want to just mass sell the stuff you can do this all from a single character and it will keep taking off whatever is currently equip and steal the item from the other person. It's a bit quicker than going to every character.

Yeah I know, that's also how you can swap gear from one slot to another. I want to take it all off though so I can use any of it as base or materia and munge up the best gear possible.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

applied to the overflow as ChickenWing

I should probably have tried to read this thread and the reddit wiki before I did anything, rip a bunch of probably useful items that got turned into underwhelming amounts of exp. Luckily I was smart enough to save my diamonds. Current party is Heim/Loki/Hel/Freya/Wolfgang. Not breezing through the story like everyone else is apparently, but I'm trucking on sans-mercs.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Applied to the second guild as Ham.

I'm enjoying this a hell of a lot more than any other phone game I've played.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
Accepted Ham and Chicken. I have a couple of applications that I don't think have been mentioned in the thread sitting in the queue so if you've applied and I've missed it please let me know! I'm not sure what other responsibilities I might have as Jarl but I'll try to keep on top of applications.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Phone posting because I'm stoked!

I was shooting for the alchemist, but super happy with this because I've had a few signature weapons for mani and gull I've been sitting on for a minute.

I'm slowing down a lot in game, but it's because I have so much to do, rather than having a lack of stuff and being bored. This game is great fun! :yayclod:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 10, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Any of you running this on multiple devices? Tried it a few times and it seems like there's no cloud so to speak. You can import data but it looks like everything's stored locally? That would be a very brave choice for a gacha game.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am running it on multiple devices, I think you just have to log in to there own ingame system before you can sync data, it is under options and upload data.

Has anyone been playing this for more than a month or so, I am concerned about the flow of currency once you run out of the initial flood of free stuff. It seems like you get 300 diamonds a week from logging in, and another 30 a day from the daily quests, so about 6 weeks to do a single 10 pull, much longer for any of the step gatchas.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I actually started playing this on release, just took a month long break decemberish until goon interest made me pick it up again. Currency definitely becomes scarcer but until now I was always able to pull at least a few times on interesting events. Got Christmas Mani on my first xmas pull, got alchemy lady on my first current pull, was able to pull a second time and also able to pull twice on the star party somewhere in between. I'd say as soon as you settle in it's okay but a bit formulaic. Do all your dailies, spend the rest of your stamina on advancing 5-15 heroes (cannot decide wether I want to actively strengthen my Grand Arena team or just give up on this timesink) and grab all the connect battles you see.
I'm not sure but I think the majority of premium came from clearing the refreshing connect battles and apology mail. It absolutely slows down but imo the gacha is generous enough that everyone should have a strong lineup until then. After that it's just a matter of how long you're able to suffer the grind. There's still not much actual content/reason to strengthen your heroes besides Arena.

I'll try again with the data sharing. I was scared to overwrite my current data with a new one by 'uploading' a fresh install.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Fenris13 posted:

I am running it on multiple devices, I think you just have to log in to there own ingame system before you can sync data, it is under options and upload data.

Has anyone been playing this for more than a month or so, I am concerned about the flow of currency once you run out of the initial flood of free stuff. It seems like you get 300 diamonds a week from logging in, and another 30 a day from the daily quests, so about 6 weeks to do a single 10 pull, much longer for any of the step gatchas.

Arena gives you diamonds for your rank.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

I actually started playing this on release, just took a month long break decemberish until goon interest made me pick it up again. Currency definitely becomes scarcer but until now I was always able to pull at least a few times on interesting events. Got Christmas Mani on my first xmas pull, got alchemy lady on my first current pull, was able to pull a second time and also able to pull twice on the star party somewhere in between. I'd say as soon as you settle in it's okay but a bit formulaic. Do all your dailies, spend the rest of your stamina on advancing 5-15 heroes (cannot decide wether I want to actively strengthen my Grand Arena team or just give up on this timesink) and grab all the connect battles you see.
I'm not sure but I think the majority of premium came from clearing the refreshing connect battles and apology mail. It absolutely slows down but imo the gacha is generous enough that everyone should have a strong lineup until then. After that it's just a matter of how long you're able to suffer the grind. There's still not much actual content/reason to strengthen your heroes besides Arena.

I'll try again with the data sharing. I was scared to overwrite my current data with a new one by 'uploading' a fresh install.

When you first login on a clean I stall it asks you to sync data or import data. You do NOT upload on a new file. You went too far and need to uninstall and reinstall. On the device you want to have the other file. Upload from the device you want to backup the save from.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

First pull results. Are any of these super good? I have no idea what I am doing besides quests and sometimes clicking red monster races to go fight something giant. I also applied to the overflow as Kitty.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Gull is a great mage and Thrud is a good anti-mage melee (haven't seriously used her since I have Thor but she's not bad). The key to asgard or whatever it's called is good too.

And yeah, you get diamonds daily for arena ranking. I think at my current ranks I get... 120 diamonds daily combined from both arenas.

It's true that the game showers you with all this stamina and currency straight up to draw you in. And it does considerably slow down once you exhaust a lot of the non-renewable resources. That's why I strongly urge people who want to stay mostly f2p to stop pulling on random shiny crap and save until things like star party or really good 3-steps. If you're willing to pay more later then it doesn't matter as much of course.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hey! Just applied to the overflow guild as Radish. Game looks neat and I've been looking for a mobile game like this.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

Things slow down a bit after you beat the main quest, but you can still get about 330 diamonds from each heroes hero quest, diamonds and stamina from dailies, and pvp.

The 30 day stamina thing is a solid purchase to continue on uninhibited for a good while. Plus, the shop runs deals every now and again that are relatively reasonable, if you don't mind spending a few dollars.

The gatcha being so forgiving is what's keeping me in the game. Just when I think I'm going to have a slow grind of nothing to do, I'll pull something I want/need to work on fleshing out a pvp team or something.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Grand Arena adds a good bit. You really only need 2 solid teams for it since you only need to win 2 battles, but a 3rd good team will be useful at high levels of play when you have 15 guys maxed out they need to beat your meta 3 times.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

pixaal posted:

Grand Arena adds a good bit. You really only need 2 solid teams for it since you only need to win 2 battles, but a 3rd good team will be useful at high levels of play when you have 15 guys maxed out they need to beat your meta 3 times.

You can meta that a bit too since so many people just build for 2 teams. I use my best in team one, meh stuff in the middle and the third is hot poo poo again. So long as I win the first fight I'm generally guaranteed to waltz the third and win.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So I already was impulsive and spent like 3500 diamonds on gatcha pulls and have an all 3 Star team now, but I don't know what to do with my remaining diamonds. Are they something I should save?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
So this game just flat out doesn't work on a lot of phones, then? I've tried my pixel, galaxy s5something and an old iphone and none of them seem to actually load the game, instead sitting on a blank screen. Is there a common workaround I'm missing?

It does work on an old galaxy s4 though!

Incy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 10, 2017

• Locked thread