Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

swickles posted:

Am I misremembering or did Faneca play most his career at tackle?

Faneca played the vast majority of his career at LG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

joe jacoby's claim to fame is getting bitched by LT every time they played together

Which was the reason why the Skins traded for Jim Lachey in 1988, basically. Now if there's a Redskin o-lineman from that era that really deserves to be in the HoF, there ya go.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

I'm hoping most people recognize Warner's troubles in NY were probably due to a ton of concussions from hits taken in the st louis system. Back then concussions weren't a 'thing' but it's pretty obvious that's why he couldn't do anything for a while

He got concussed some, but him trying to play through a broken thumb was what really did him in for the Rams. (and IIRC that was why he always played with gloves on for the rest of his career after that)

He didn't even play that badly for the Giants either; he took a shitload of sacks but they were pretty firmly in contention for a playoff berth before Eli got put in and tanked the rest of their year.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

Steve Atwater is going to be waiting forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM0UiDPKN7E

Yeesh.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
LMFAO @ Morten Andersen getting into the hall before Terrell loving Owens and Don Coryell

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
HOF voters have a stick up their asses about WRs, more or less. Art Monk had every receiving record in history, three SB rings when he retired, and WASN'T a complete douchebag. He still waited forever to get in because he was a quiet dude who didn't play their media game. I'd guess TO waits 10+ years to get in.

And it's bullshit, because him and Moss are 2A/2B all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Given that he was the best possession receiver of his time before Rice came into the league, I disagree.

That's beside the point though. The main thing I was getting at is that Hall voters are generally a bunch of petty shitbags who have a track record of keeping deserving players out of the hall for small slights - no matter if you're a nice person like Monk was, or loud and demonstrative like TO was during his prime years. It's why Ken Stabler didn't get elected until after he died and also why a whole retinue of deserving players remain out of the hall.

• Locked thread