Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

capcom ran cpt even for sf4 and has been involved in the community for a while. they have hired people from the community to work on their games and at their offices for a decade. they have been supporting their franchises this whole time. nobody is upset that capcom would want their game to succeed. people are upset because their community engagement sucks and their plan looks like more of the same

their community engagement isnt even that bad, its just there's an ocean of disconnect between the people that make their current garbage rear end games and the people at capcom usa who are like "well i liked capcom games and also its my job to sell capcom games now so..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
remember when s-kill had basically no idea what was in the latest build of sfxt and had to bs his way through interviews bc gems kept changing like every loving time lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fereydun posted:

my favorite part of modern capcom fg production is how they manage to strike the bizarrely stupid combination of giving folks the simultaneous impressions of "they're making games only to appeal to pro players" and "they're dumbing down games trying to appeal to casuals"

and they do neither particularly well

marvel 3 was a step in the right direction, tbh. just make more games that maybe arent perfect but strive to do something fun and then add more casual modes or w/e.

wasnt that the last game neo_g worked on? neo_g was like the embodiment of capcom where he just did poo poo because it seemed fun and made a game. 50% of the time it was good at high level.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol the guy in charge of that esports thing just got a promotion

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

Eh, the base game is gonna be "feature complete", DLC characters aren't really features. I mean, you can poo poo on Capcom for announcing 6 characters before even releasing the game while having a pretty limited roster, but DLC is DLC, even if it's aggressive and probably already being worked on DLC.

they copy and pasted almost the entire roster and are offering copy and pasted characters as dlc, even with that, there are less characters than the game before it.

the game is not feature complete.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this thread got loving weird mvci is a poo poo game who cares

also fight bebop, cams

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain Baal posted:

I will agree with this, the shame cube and universal tagging are two genuinely cool concepts

gems are grooves again. i like grooves.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
dont forget if there's not a lot of people to play later on in the games life, no one can rank up and so beginner league will be good people stuck in it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

why just assume he will be a clone character tho? even robo-ky isnt a clone character or ky in gg, and I can't think of an arc game with clone characters. even in the old games the EX characters are usually way way different than their normal counterparts

ex characters played really differently and rarely had any new animations (or they basically got all the old animations that had been scrapped from previous games for fun). it was super impressive how much gameplay variance they got out of no new sprites.

i trust arc to make new chars with old models better than any other company. plus, idiots want blue goku so :/ gotta sell those copies.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Reiley posted:

I remember hearing if you had a tekken tag team of a mishima and a devil mishima instead of swapping out with the normal animation they just transform. It would be cool if the Gokus worked like that.

that would be sick

you dont get an assist but you get some other advantage when you get to blue goku or whatever?? idk how that would work but it would be neat.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh righ tthis is the marvel thread uhhh

the voice acting is bad

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
every va sounds incredibly bored

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shiki Dan posted:

So...the voice acting is bad, the writing even worse, the music lame, the characters look sterile, and the gameplay is basically a slowed down version of a game we've already been playing for 6 years.

yeah but its so CREAtive

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/ChromeAlchemist/status/903735894691205121

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bbf2 posted:

OK so they actually tried to give this one a story, and the premise for this game's story is that somehow through magic infinity stone whatever that "The two worlds have merged!" and all the trailers have the villains and stuff talking about how there was some event that merged two different universes.

OK so all the Marvel characters are from the same continuity, but...

Shouldn't it be MORE than just two universes that have been combined? Because I'm pretty drat sure that Mega Man does not come from the same continuity as the Resident Evil characters

congrats on putting more thought into the story mode of a capcom game than capcom ever has

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the game looks better than it did, but it still looks mediocre at best

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cams posted:

you're right, the healthy thing is to post about how a game i have never played sucks, how right i am about it sucking, what it says about the stupid people who don't think it sucks, and to do so any time anyone tries to do anything except have a masturbatory meta conversation about the quality of video games because god damnit i am a FIGHTING GAME FAN on the internet and the people NEED me.

a bunch of defective young men taking pride in their opinions of video games on the internet to the point that it becomes part of their identity. cool.

hopefully i'll have my copy of this game today, maybe tomorrow. real excited to put in some time with it.

when you gonna fight bebo tho

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
is the place in culver city still open

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this is the second best looking doujin game, but it'll never top melty blood

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Evil Canadian posted:

Cause its a new mechanic and its not on the top of everyones minds, and its not big and flashy like the stone activations.

I imagine with time it will be quite a big deal.

its the same mechanic that ruined tvc at high level play lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

interrodactyl posted:

This game looks dumb and I'll pick it up when it goes on sale for $5. But I'm not paying $90 for garbage like this.

if they put the effort into making a bunch of new chars and more effort into saying "hey we're doing away with 3v3 because with thin kthis 2v2 tag system has lots of freedom but you can still play the old 3v3 games if you want" id probably be way more interested idk

like, the tag system is actually interesting! talk about it more!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

that seems like a completely insane mechanic

whats even the point of playing a big character...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bleck posted:

Maybe it'll even out if the big characters just plain do a lot of damage without needing to do huge combos?

its pretty rare for stray hits to not turn into full combos in marvel

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

Wasn't it a strike issue in that case tho?

ashley burch and jyb are union so no

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gologle posted:

It amazes me that there is a union for talking. America is a wonderful place.

we should have more unions for more things!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

CubsWoo posted:

Hulk has a wall jump. I'm impressed.

thats actually pretty cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ghosthotel posted:

According to RayRay Meter gain seems to just be the same across the board.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RayRay19wun/status/908784914711052288

its so creative you can do whatever you want to achieve the exact same effect

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Evil Canadian posted:

I know a lot of people are like "lol mvci" but that stream viewer picture thing was bs. I checked out the numbers myself when that image hit the other day and marvel still had more viewers(while dbz beta was live). Some people are just really, really desperate to cast the game in a bad light.

dbfz had like 30k when marvel was in the low hundreds when the beta was live at some point when i checked

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
is the online "good" or is it like sfv where we thought it was good but it turns out it's a total coinflip on if you get the lovely or the good netcode

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i mean max has probably had something like 80 hours with the game for ~free media~ so who cares

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also the thread title rly should have been marvel vs capcom infinite jest

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Constellation I posted:

Guess I'll bite, is there anywhere that sells this for PC for NA that's cheap? Shady key sites are fine since I don't really care if the money goes to Capcom.

Also, why does it seem like in every video of this game, the character models are at like 50% rendering scale or some poo poo.

the money still goes to capcom when you use shady key sites, the money is being taken from a stolen credit card most often

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

aaaaaaaah she looks ok, but that vo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

androo posted:

My guess: Projectile deflection nerfs a few characters, and no more spamming HIDDEN MISS-ISLES or any other projectile assist.

thats not how this game works anymore

• Locked thread