Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That DLC list doesn't have Shuma-Gorath or Roll so I'm gonna declare it fake and bad

you will never see shuma gorath in another marvel game ever again, he was relevant in like two comics decades ago and only got into MVC3 because of extreme capcom begging (and then only as DLC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

If they keep special moves not building meter on block this game is confirmed to not have dedicated zoning, right?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I mean if you're just going to focus on mechanics as identity then why even bother with the Marvel license, might as well may everyone look like they came from Rising Thunder

make shounen jump vs capcom and just make the animes play like marvel characters with a twist

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Like why does it matter that Avengers sold 1.4 billion dollars at the box office in the most recent movie?

let me tell you about a little group called disney, who rewrote copyright law just so their source of easy income is never at risk

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

it's a mechanic designed specifically to buff the marvel characters that need to be shilled that have beams while heavily loving over capcom characters and lesser marvel ones

marvel cinematic universe vs anime punching bags: infinite dlc

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

thinking about it, it's a pretty good prank on capcoms part that they finally relent to the people whining about wanting megaman in the game but also put him in a game where all of his main attacks can be reflected by anyone

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

one of the gems vskill is phoenix's homing fireball, how are you gonna use this in neutral when you have all the time in the world to reflect a slow moving ball that actively tries to hit you?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I will buy a heavily discounted version of this game when they release the gene dlc in late 2019, play w/ him for a bit and then drop it, assuming I haven't been immolated in the fires of ww3 yet.

Ryoga posted:

Watch Monster Hunter just be a re-skinned Soki from tatsunoko 'Function'.

he'll be soki + ammy functions.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

this game benefits by not having pandora mode at the very least

pandora mode is the least offensive stupid comeback mechanic ever made, unless you use it to extend a combo it's basically always going to cost you the match if you do it.

meanwhile this game has infinity storm that you can do several times in one round , which is like a horrible fusion of vanillia SF4 ultras, x-factor and danger time

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Zand posted:

I can't think of an arc game with clone characters.

isuka has awakened sol/ky who are just the regular character but in pema dragon install and they have a few more moves, but given you have to play the dumb beat em up mode in a bad game to unlock them I'm not surprised nobody know this.

for what it's worth lambda and nu were literally the same character in CS with nu being the unlimited mode who has the exact same animations but with a different head, but that probably doesn't count.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 20, 2017

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

i laugh every time i remember tvc bursts

same but the assists, the netcode, the visual style, the capcom roster besides frank west/vjoe and this video

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

my hot take is that if I wanted a game with combo breakers, lengthy combos, and very cheap projectile setplay I can just play guilty gear

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

So yeah, You ain't limited in how many times a round you can do it, it just costs 2 meter, but it also doesn't give you a hit. It tags your character in and forces a focus switch on the enemy, cutting their combo short but not necessarily giving you anything more than that.

isn't the answer to this to just instantly poo poo out a beam super and tag both characters, then?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

umvc3 hulk had one of the best supers in the game, killed you in one hit no matter what and did it with efficient meter use, is surprisingly oppressive against anything besides superjump height zoning with an assist, and could infinite bad assist calls from fullscreen without being able to really be punished for it if he has meter unless the other character can teleport, some wacky normals you had to respect and was one of the few characters where all of his assists were Pretty Good and worth using.

mid tier at worst

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 14, 2017

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Race Realists posted:

its almost like people deserve certain rights like livable wages!

according to imdb laura bailey could live just fine on voice acting wages for decades before suddenly realizing there's a problem

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

the key issue w/ ghost rider is that like a lot of low/mid tier umvc3 character he didn't really have strong options in the air, especially at superjump height. the entire game basically boils down to "be above the other guy and attack them" and everyone that's bad at this is a bad character in general outside of a few outliers

e: can I get some spidey changes or just a link to that specific thread?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

a game where everyone is umvc3 dante will be interesting, if nothing else

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Barudak posted:

So the plot is the same godawful thing they did for Project X Zone.

Do they at least tell you the plot before the fina fight?

project x zone didn't have one of the companies get a tongue bath from 90% of the characters of the other companies, the closest it got was everyone in the world thinking segata sanshiro is the poo poo (which he is)

this poo poo feels less like marvel vs capcom and more like MCU and their anime hangers on vs jedah and ultron-sigma

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

this game is ok I guess but it feels like the meta is going to completely remove any kind of neutral or positioning game over time.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

fadam posted:

What do you guys think of Iron Man in this game? I wish he had a better air normal to open people up with like Ultron or Dormammu's HP.

he has a big beam you can tag cancel to automatically convert the neutral game into advantage/mixups so he's at least high mid tier

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

cams posted:

in a game where it is harder to control the entire screen

can you explain why you think this? or what game you're saying it's harder to control than screen than (mvc3? sf5? breakers revenge?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

androo posted:

My guess: Projectile deflection nerfs a few characters, and no more spamming HIDDEN MISS-ISLES or any other projectile assist.

I'd say I agree but I also haven't played much MvC3

instead of spamming hidden missiles or other assist you can just tag cancel some big projectile or other move and have that be an assist that just covers half of the screen or keeps them locked down whenever you want (recovery before you can retag is shorter than all the scary assist calls come off cooldown in mvc3 AND they come out faster because there's no startup where the character leaps onscreen). on top of this the screen itself is a lot smaller

in mvc3 a couple characters with a specific team setup could take advantage of TAC to instantly go "it's my turn to hit buttons now" from fullscreen at the cost of 2-3 meters. because of free tag canceling now every character paired with someone with a beam or similar projectile super can do that and for less meter too.

• Locked thread