Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

just blindly picked up ni no kuni 2 on a psn sale and enjoying the hell out of it. the combat reminds me alot of the tales series and is really scratching that arpg itch ive had for a while. i like that you can control whatever character you want right off the bat and you can play as the president with a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Kilometers Davis posted:

Keep posting that good good cowboy poo poo, I love reading about everyone’s experience with the game :D

i randomly came upon some house in the middle of nowhere and this incredibly creepy brother and sister couple invited me in for dinner. i was pretty sure they were trying to poison me and i also realized i left my shotgun on my horse. got up to leave and they were begging me to stay in the most creepy "were gonna murder you" way possible. noped the gently caress out of there so fast.

also i wasent the biggest rdr2 fan but i really have to give them credit for having the best video game shotguns. the pump action shotty was a beast and it was nice that they decided shotguns having an effective range of 5ft in games is dumb as hell.

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Aug 3, 2019

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Donovan Trip posted:

I lolled pretty hard the first time I accidentally slugged my horse in the face

i pressed the button to talk poo poo back to some guy who insulted me in town but i didnt realize i had my gun out and shot him instead and had to outrun the cops. anyway, gently caress that guy.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

picked up dragons dogma on the psn sale and its pretty fun so far. is this one of those games where you have to minmax everything or can i just blunder through it without looking at spreadsheets for optimal builds?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

drat dragons dogma is fun as hell and im glad i finally got around to playing it. i went with the strider vocation and machine gunning bad guys with the bow and tossing them around with the snare move owns :getin:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

playing through the dishonored collection this weekend and i forgot how good the first game was. aside from killing the first target i did a nonlethal run this time and it seems alot easier than when i just ran in like rambo on my first playthrough years ago. sneaking up on daud while hes taunting you and choking him out was pretty funny. ive never played the sequels before will i miss anything cool if i skip the dlcs for 1?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

im baffled as to why they took out the spellmaking alter in skyrim. in a game where you can smith a sword that oneshots everything i dont see why they couldnt throw in the option to make some broken rear end spells

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

how far into prey do you have to get before you can to do all the cool stuff in the trailer im getting my rear end kicked

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

dishonored 2 is fun as hell. trying to do nonlethal again even though i massacred everyone on the first level. im bummed they nerfed dark vision though you cant really see anyone through walls unless youre look at/near them. going to see how long i can last before i crack and start stabbing/throwing grenades everywhere

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

Dishonored is most fun played trying to stealth things and then just saying gently caress it and blasting everyone when poo poo goes south.

prettymuch. you can still get the low chaos ending if you kill a few dudes so dont be afraid to get stabby if you have to.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Tei posted:

Overwatch died to me the day they enforced no duplicated heroes in quick match. If I wanted to play competitive, I would play competitive. I have no interest in playing competitive, only on chilling and winning with random heroes i feel would be cool to use at any moment.

Is a good game a lot of people enjoy, but the seriusness of imposing comp rules on quickplay killed my joy.

i only started playing overwatch on and off a few months ago and it was ok but the 10 minute wait times for dps were killing me. i put it down after playing a match against someone clearly using a keyboard and mouse single handedly destroying our entire team. is kb/m common in ps4 overwatch? cause that poo poo was not fun to play against with a controller.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Tei posted:

No idea.

Go and ask the Overwatch people, they are the most nice people on the internet :3

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814221&pagenumber=778#lastpost

loled really hard at this because i played my first ranked match ever this weekend and someone told me to delete the game and kill myself

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

oh my god the dishonored 2 level with the timepiece :vince: what a cool gimmick

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

how can you call any game that only lets you use 2 out of like 10 weapons art

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i enjoyed all the mass effect games up until the last 10 minutes of 3. the ending sucked but it seems like the writers kinda screwed themselves over by building up the reapers as completely unstoppable. the first game made it very clear youre absolutely hosed when the reapers show up and theres nothing you can do about it. i expected some space magic macguffin thing to defeat them would come along eventually but the whole execution of it just flat out sucked.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Waltzing Along posted:

You immediately see a sign indicating you are the devil or something due to the mark on your hand. But then wander into a crowd while doing nothing to hide it. It's not an option it's just dumb writing. you basically behave like a moron without being given the ability not to.

putting on a pair of gloves and the screen fades to black and the credits roll

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

whoever said earlier the best way to play dishonored is do low chaos for the whole game and then massacre everything on the final level was right lol. i just finished part 2 this way and it was nice to say gently caress it and go full on rambo mode. on to death of the outsider and maybe a high chaos run of 1 or 2.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao high chaos dishonored 2 run is awesome when you get parrying down you can totally destroy everything

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Big Bidness posted:

I replayed Y0- 6 this year. I started in January and finished 6 three weeks ago.

I am currently playing Judgment. I should finish right in time for Yakuza 7.

I think this has done permanent psychological damage.

im doing this same thing right now except im playing all the games for the first time. i just got up to 3 and im thinking of dropping the difficulty to easy cause all the enemies block so much the combat is starting to feel like unfun bullshit.

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 12, 2020

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

playing through yakuza 4 and loling at this loving rando prison guard being harder than the last bosses of the previous 4 games. i never want to do that prison break section again.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Both Yakuza games just give Saejima absolute dogshit sections, I don't understand why they hate him so much.

haha i was just about to come back and post that the rest of his chapter sucks rear end too. i didnt know he was in 5 so now im dreading that part lol.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

is the combat in yakuza 5 more like 0 and kiwami? im starting to get annoyed at the goku teleporting auto counter thing that enemies do in 4.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

just finished yakuza 4 and im on to 5. the final battle in 4 was pretty epic but godamn was i glad i just stuffed my whole inventory full of healing items. in at least 2 of those fights i was getting my rear end kicked because it was almost impossible to land a hit on the bosses.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

just started yakuza 5 and holy crap kiryu is an absolute beast in combat right off the bat. gonna be bummed out when i have to switch characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

When you get to Saejima's part and you realize it's another prison break, don't despair. Yes, it's a low point, but it improves very quickly and then you get to have mountain man times and it rules again.

as long as i dont have to repeatedly fight that fuckin terminator prison guard from 4 it cant possibly be as bad.