Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fanny pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

What is weird is that Brits find fanny a super dirty word.

What is weird is that Yanks find oval office a super dirty word.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

They are both disgusting words to say or to read.

they are rather nice words, any who insist otherwise might want to ask themselves why words that popularly refer to women's genitalia are disgusting for some reason

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I say bums.

Also bums to defiled amygdala. I went through the lorian chalice and beat both the new blood starved beast (first time) and abhorrent beast (that was tough, 6 tries) but defiled amy I died another 20 times to.

I am mostly having trouble with the camera and being able to see her arms moving to hit me. That is a tough fight indeed.

If you're using the cleaver still then I'd advise the extended 2H overhead swings for that fight. You can also try to stay right beneath, time your dodge for right when it does the jump smash, and hit the head when it's low. Defiled Amy is a very annoying fight unless you have a ranged option.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

btw Veeg...why are you a lamp?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Handsome Wife posted:

e.g. you wouldn't hear an American call a man a "oval office"

I hear it all the time, actually, but attempting to insult someone by pejoratively invoking femininity is deeply counter-intuitive and nihilistic iyam. Historically, the way nearly all language has been used in the US is deeply misogynistic, there's just no getting around that besides confronting it. Putting forward one –ultimate– word that denotes femininity as vile, gross, or taboo (as is the normal tactic of suppression in American culture) simply serves to highlight our ridiculous puritanism.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Midjack posted:

edit: nope

:allears:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this conversation proves the thread title isn't getting changed nearly often enough while the hoopleheads are desperately antsy for new consoles

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Ahhh, the English language.

insight into a bloodline truly borne by vermin

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Midjack posted:

I wasn’t replying to you but enjoy I guess. :cheerdoge:

No, I wasn't trying to disprespect, I just thought you noped out of whatever convo and it made me laugh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Veeg I was wondering if you'd been in contact with Rarity, and if so how long do I have to finish up games before the GOTY thread.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

people still not knowing the difference between the sound of an optical drive and the sound of a fan is pretty quaint

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

BB has been installed on my Ps4 for about 3 years now. I am over 40, I know what an optical drive sounds like when its spinning.

Sorry, my bad. You did in fact use the term 'popped in', so I mistook what you were saying.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

enojy posted:

I keep forgetting that Cyberpunk comes out this week. Like even though I'm posting about it right now, I am absolutely going to forget again before Thursday.

i forgot it existed the day it was first shown

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Whenever people say "50GB patch!" it just means the game is rebuilding the entire file library instead of grafting some fixes on. It doesn't literally add 50GB of new data to your install. Somehow this still manages to confound people even though it's been commonplace for the last 10 years.

endless good dreams of FF7R, mountain mama take me home

Bust Rodd posted:

The CDPR devs tweeted that yes there is a mandatory patch for the broken street versions, but that patch is not actually the retail release day 1 patch that everyone will be getting, that patch will be out... on release day.

this game is a loving trainwreck

acksplode posted:

What the hell is this poo poo. It's the version of the game printed on the discs people are buying with their money, sounds like a commercial release to me. If CDPR didn't want people to encounter this version of the game and be judged by it then they shouldn't have loving printed it onto a bazillion discs and sold them

This certainly seems like the first time in recent memory where a dev has been allowed to delay a game after it came out. Like, there oughtta be a law, ya know?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

could really go for a bunger right about now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

pax britannisnax

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

I might just end the game now and save the dlc for the remaster

lmao don't do this

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

It's really not. Unpatched disc versions of games are a version that almost no one will see.

Unless I'm playing a good game like FF7R :smuggo:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Oh yeah, that game where random textures don't load. Sure would have been a shame if they fixed that with a day 1 patch.

FF7R has more polish than just about any game released in the last decade. The reason people obsessively focus on a low quality door texture that you see twice is because it stands out in comparison to the near universal high quality of the rest of the game. Additionally, any post talking trash about FF7R gets a pre-emptive gently caress You from this beanpole

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The R in FF7R stands for Rubbish

:grin:

see previous post!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I just think americans have a particularly low expectation for consumer rights, it's pretty understandable but it doesn't make it okay imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Most Japanese games also have day 1 updates. Goons are just perpetually stuck in 2008. Nothing works like that anymore.

Actually, I do think it's important to hold these companies to a higher standard of quality rather than be deluded by massive marketing campaigns into being thankful for buying fully-priced unfinished products out of some fear that we'll all just look like retrograde grandpas denying the reality of natural commerce.

edit; and yes I do put my money where my mouth is

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Earlier in the thread when I said I wasn’t gonna buy Cyberpunk, that may have been a wrong post :sigh:

I think I’m gonna get it tbh

I'll get it when it's fully patched and costs 30 bux. And not a moment before.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:v: . . . . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPzVlTgZoCg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this thread would be nothing without its derails

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'm thinking about making a party...:stare: ....and chatting...with friends :stonklol: tonight. What the hell is even going on?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bows1 posted:

I was just about to jump into the argument and own all of you but I won’t bring it back up.

If the convo starts up again this post will get a patch and no one should judge this post until I am allowed to update it.

I take this threat seriously from a poster who's username literally received a post-release patch ;)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Derails are what make the forums not boring.

:hai:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Ghost of Tsushima and TLoU2 make it look like a PS3 game, IMO

lol, bad faith post and beside the point, as they both required perfectly ample patching on day one.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:swoon:

Like a PSN party??? I woulda joined but I was asleep. Gimme like two weeks and then I’m finished work for the year and we can club-whack some goblins in Dark Souls 2

:stwoon:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I dunno, I’m not really trying to shitpost in bad faith, I genuinely think Sushi Ghost is the prettiest and most colorful game on the PS4, and I thought The Last of Us 2 was graphically more impressive. I played all 3 games on a PS4Pro I don’t know if that makes a difference or not to the way they are received.

In general the character designs and the skyboxes and the Night Market were really cool and interesting, but otherwisethe entire game of FF7R takes place in some sewers, a junkyard, and some gray hallways in an office building and you just run up and down these extremely linear hallways fighting like maybe 5-6 different types of very silly little monsters or Corpo-Cops.

Also I don’t think you can realistically or fairly call FF7R a “complete game” in the same sense you can call Ghost or TLoU2 a complete game because it is literally the first episode of a series of episodic installments. it is by definition an incomplete product, it’s literally the first level and the first act of a much larger story.

Also The Last Guardian took a very similar timetable to Cyberpunk in terms of announced/delayed/eventually released... but TLG runs abysmally on the machines it was designed for, so I’m not sure how that is a point in favor against CDPR and not for it.

I love 2LOU, and it is in fact the best looking game out there by a mile, but it is less of a complete game experience than FF7R imo; for my money Factions was 65% or more of the TLOU experience and it's outright missing from the package, whereas FF7R managed to deliver on 23 years of accrued angst, hype, superfandom, and nostalgic expectation. That is worth some recognition.

Anyways, I hate comparing the two...and I'm not sure why we're doing it because I love them both, but my point is that FF7R successfully launched without a patch, during a pandemic, and in an extremely complete state...and that's a miracle of modern game development.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

though FFXVI looks BORING AS gently caress

welp, Busty, i disagree with this, too. i guess we're on an official agree-to-disagree streak for the moment.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I think the polygon review has more paragraphs about how there aren’t any trans characters in the game than about the actual game

polygon is trash

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Imhotep posted:

Oh I guess it is, but forgive me, because it reads exactly like another article about the game from like 3 days ago https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/4/22058784/cyberpunk-2077-marketing-cd-projekt-red-transphobia
And yeah this does have review in the URL, but it doesn’t really read like one or make it clear that it is, in addition to mentioning the same two things, the promotional art with the trans model, and the tweet with the lovely ‘did you just assume their gender’ joke, but nothing about the actual game in the first few paragraphs-
https://www.polygon.com/reviews/22158019/cyberpunk-2077-review-cd-projekt-red-pc-ps4-xbox-one-stadia

maybe they just holding their review back until they can patch it with more words

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Is there a single user in this thread who doesn’t have one weird thing they’re bizarrely stubborn about

If the PS4 thread were a jrpg then such varied idiosyncratic gaming principles would be our limit breaks

fridge corn posted:

I've forgotten what I'm supposed to be bizarrely stubborn about

mediocre games!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Less patchable: "The script feels like it was machine translated... It reminds me of Kane and Lynch" -- Jeff Gerstmann

LOL

man nurse posted:

Y’know I love Giantbomb and everything but I wouldn’t base my excitement for a game off of serially jaded Jeff Gerstmann who for the most part is solidly meh on any given game at best. I’m not saying there’s no valuable information or impressions to be gleaned, but your taste and tolerance may very well differ from whoever you’re listening to talk about it.

Jeff G is a curmudgeon, sure, and it's entertaining to see him bitch about how he can't find out where to go in nuDeS because it involves a bit more patience than aiming down sight and fragging, but I appreciate his particular stance on the more insufferable bullshit in the industry. Someone's gotta do it, and I think he does it well.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'm curious, but for those who beat Amnesia Rebirth, was that actually the first videogame depiction of breastfeeding? or just the most realistic? In this hellworld I can imagine certain hosed up internet conservative types going loving apeshit because of that scene

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

welp, 2077 rhetoric sounding rough, as expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bows1 posted:

Alright got the BB plat!

Nice work, yo. Fear the old blood!