Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Knack 2 straight up looks like a hd edition of a PS3 game, and not one of the good looking exclusive ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Digirat posted:

I assumed folks wouldn't be asking mods for them if they were

Or maybe folks are cheapskates.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

7 PS4 exclusives at number 1 in the UK this year alone

but exclusives don't matter, right phil of xbox?

lol at talking up game sales numbers in the UK.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

the 360 and ps3 were exactly equal in the UK in that era

the PS4 has crushed the xbox one in the UK this era

there's also zero loving exclusives to entice anyone into buying an xbox one

The UK is a tiny market and the PS4 is killing it worldwide so who cares anyway.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

They are the only major market that publishes real data where the sales race is even close enough to be worth looking at.

Like japan also has real numbers but they consider 60 units sold to be a great week for xbox.

Who is the person who considers 60 units a great week?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

The japanese microsoft store i guess. Point was it sells really bad there so uk is the only market with real data and a sales situation approaching competition

I have doubts that Microsoft is happy with 60 units a week, actually.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Instead of the annual Xbox derail you could discuss Knack or Destiny or the PSP3 or possibly skip straight to the Bloodborne derail.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

iajanus posted:

Hopefully people have asked this before but has anyone else seen their ps4 just randomly eject the disc and then not accept another for awhile? Mine does it periodically (whether on or in standby) for random discs apropos of nothing.

If it sounds like it's constantly ejecting and/or it beeps when it happens then it is probably the crappy eject button.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

iajanus posted:

Cool, any fix I cando rather that just call on Monday for a repair? Always thought the buttons on the thing are terrible.

I went through a bunch of suggested fixes with mine and nothing would last, if you are willing to send it for repairs you'll probably have to eventually.

I ended up getting one of the newer models without that design flaw.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

One of my first consoles was the Sega Master System, which has the pause button located on the console itself.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

I find pre-order bonuses, especially retailer specific ones, far more obnoxious than infinitely repeatable microtransactions (for an item I never used in Destiny1), but if I boycotted games based on that I'd miss out on far too many games I want to play.

I have no objections to other people doing so though. What does amuse me is that the big Reddit thread I saw about the issue is calling on people to not spend any money on microtransactions until they change the way shaders work (rather than boycott the game)... which suggests the people involved would otherwise be spending money on microtransactions for stuff that isn't specifically shaders, which kind of indicates a tacit support of microtransactions in general.

Somehow loot boxes are actually a selling point now. It probably won't be too long until some unlucky game gets blasted for not having them.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Borderlands literally has slot machines to help find decent guns and the pre-sequel is incredibly ugly.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Macarius Wrench posted:

The borderlands games are really fun and have a bizarre anti fandom amongst goons.

I like Borderlands 2, which pretty much obsoleted the first game, but The Pre-Sequel is rear end.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm expecting Borderlands 3 to have more outsourced dlc and to take the golden key system to its logical conclusion

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

I want every game to have Saints Row 2/3 levels of customization. Make yourself into whatever the hell monstrosity you want to be, then change your mind an hour later. Wear any combination of clothes with any colour options you like, go from sophisticated man of class to distressed technomage to something that would make every member of the Village People feel too formally dressed. Make your vehicles ridiculously gaudy or ultra-black, with huge spoilers, spiked wheels, wacky horns and a dozen bells and whistles. At the cost of, what, ten minutes dicking around and causing chaos?

Well Saints Row 3 had worse customization than Saints Row 2 and the last two Saints Row games had none at all so good luck.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If my PS4 ever needs to be replaced I'll get a Pro because the Slim looks kind of cheap.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The PS4 is tilted so it can never become a cube.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you kill more people in Dishonored the game gives you more people to kill, seems fine to me.

Who gives a poo poo about the minor morality stuff.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

People are weird about morality in their murder simulators I guess.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So is there something wrong with the gameplay in Dishonored or is all this arguing because of the “bad” ending?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

NPCs try to make you feel bad (whether they succeed or not) for making use of half of the attack methods in the game. To me that is a gameplay issue.

You are an assassin working for bad guys in Dishonored.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The high chaos ending is more dramatic and generally better.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dishonored is good.

Playing as a bad guy is good.

It’s too bad Bethesda can’t advertise a game for poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Did Dishonored 2 spring for a bunch of celebrity voices too?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dropping online Gravity Rush 2 is insane.

Even EA don’t shut down servers that quick.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It’s a first party release on a console with paid online so there isn’t really an excuse.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bad Parenting posted:

How's the dragon's dogma performance on a slim? 60fps? Are there any improvements on the pro?

It’s 30fps on everything.

It’s a very basic port but it is cheap.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

I didn't deauthorize anything when I transferred to my Firecuda 2TB. I only have 1 account though. Just copied to my 3TB USB3 drive, swapped drives, installed firmware on new drive via the thumb drive method, then restored from my 3TB drive. It took awhile, but was worth it.

Also:
a) 500GB is not enough if you have a few replayable games (racing game, Madden or Fifa, a FPS of choice, etc.) and then whatever AAA story based game(s) you are working on (especially if you are waiting on DLC for one and don't want to reinstall all the patches in a couple months), then add in indies at 5-20GB a pop, 1TB isn't even enough.

b) If using a SSHD, I would rather have it as the internal drive and move the original HDD to external, right now my original 1TB that came with my pro is set aside while I wanted to make sure my transfer of P.T. went smoothly (even though I won't play it again) and the Firecuda doesn't die since it seems from reviews that it will either die within 6 months or last the normal lifespan of a SSHD; but if the 2TB gets full, then the 1TB will become and external add-on,

c) I am glad they let you claim your PS+ games now without having to download when you go through the console instead of the website, it used to be annoying when it auto-downloaded. The XB1 went the opposite way with only claiming before and now auto-downloading, and my 500GB + 1TB external on that is 97% full just from Gold freebies, and

d) I hate using the front USB ports for anything permanent, it looks like poo poo. I am glad the Pro has a back USB port that I use for some USB fans to push hot air out of my TV stand cubby and pull cool air in. So hoping I never have to add on the other external drive because then it will make it look messy.

You know you can cancel a download, right?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Guillermus posted:

Is The Division gold (base+pass) worth 30€? At this point the game may have low population but does it have enough SP content to keep me busy for a long time?

Some of the dlc is very pvp focused.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah the Destiny discord dropped off hard. So either people are ashamed to admit they got Battefront or more likely everyone has hit max light and yeah there really isn’t anything to do

I mean I don’t think anyone actually places crucible just for the sake of playing crucible

I didn’t hit max light, but I reached a point where most of the game rewards are low light loot and I’m wishing I hadn’t gone digital so I could get some of my money back.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Oh yeah I mean honestly I’m not complaining. Grinding the same strikes over and over in D1 sucked. It’s nice to have poo poo thrown at you consistently. I wish they had released more of a game instead of dicing it up for DLC but I mean that wasn’t really a surprise

lol a bit dramatic why you’re just going to get it again in a year bundled with whatever DLC or whatever they add

Now that it’s clear Bungie are pulling the exact same poo poo as the first game probably not. (I wasn’t burned by Destiny 1 because I didn’t buy at launch.)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can’t wait until the pr machine for Anthem gets going.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Aardark posted:

What's Anthem, another trash game for idiots?

Yes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Couldn't find Last Guardian at BigW
Grabbed Shadow of the Colossus for $20 from Target

Cheers for the heads up :toot:

Target also had
Battlefront 2 - $35
Destiny 2 - $30
Mass Effect Andromeda - $20

Prey - $20

Far Cry 5 for $70

Gross.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Love 2 consume unchallenging media

lol open world Batman game is real challenging media.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does Kratos get captured literally ten times during the story?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Morpheus posted:

Hey guys I played A Way Out with my gf and it's actually really good? Kind of cheesy, obviously a game just about QTEs and the cutscenes between them, and the ending (big spoilers ahead) really got to me. I knew that one of them was going to die, but I never thought that it'd be because the other killed them. We had Vincent die, and hearing him read out the letter to his wife about how he was going to be a good husband and dad got me a little choked up. Honestly better game than I expected, though I would've liked more asymetry in how the two approached different situations and interactive stuff around the environment.

Guess what I'm looking for is a co-op sequel to the Goblins series.

It's real good, op.

Best coop experience of the generation.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I enjoyed Mankind Divided but the iffy performance wasn't great. Is it fixed on the Pro?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

It would be extremely filled with poo poo and piss at the very least.

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

*A wildly popular series loved by many with millions of sales across the globe*

Goons - “this is bad”

But enough about Zelda.