Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ashcans posted:

Yea, it looks like they have one body, and then two head options with different helms/beards to give them some difference. If they had worked at it, they could have probably come up with something that would work so that the different head gave you a variation on the pose. Heck, you could just do it so that they aren't both hover-bearding at literally the same height and angle, if nothing else. The other models are decent, I think the slayers are jarring because they are the biggest and flashiest and it makes the obvious similarities more stark than the other dwarfs.

It's the fact that the beards (in part) flow the wrong way. They are jumping forward and yet the bit on the ground is facing the wrong way. Yes you can justify why it would act that way, but simple design says it shouldn't need to be justified. It should just look "right" from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

JcDent posted:

Play Gangs of Nu Ork.

Convert a band for Necromunda.

Look at non-GW games that the likes of Blessed Ivan Sorresen produce.

I don't understand this post, and I want to. Can you expand on every part of it?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Eh, apparently she wants to play Wood Elves so zzzzz.

I used these for pro/wood elves

Shadowforge miniatures

Be aware that 95% of their stuff is awful and looks like blowup doll hookers (In fact they have a line of Blow-Up Doll Zombies). The helmets are what make these passable. You have been warned.

Though if she has a really robust sense of humor she may find the [Playboy] Bunny team a funny option.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

New BB Ogre is up for preorder, at a shockingly reasonable £12 - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Bowl-Ogre (or £9 from Asgard this weekend - http://www.asgardwargames.co.uk/pre-orders/games-workshop/ )

Also the humans, but they're just the ones from the main box in grey plastic.

Not a fan of that Ogre. The face is a little too realistic. I like my fantasy football monster men to look a little more like a caricature of a big mean muscle head rather than that thing.

It's well sculpted. It just not my preferred aesthetic.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Chunk MeatJaw

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

The line of action is all kinds of hosed up. His hand covers his face, his raised foot is doing a terrible job of implying motion. It's not bad, but they need to look at some guides on how to convey movement in a static model.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I'm not loving this new not 'eavy metal paint style. I get that they are trying to show that the minis can look good even with a simple paint job, but these just don't look good at all.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

For whatever reason it always screams "this is made of plastic and is a toy" to me.

Cell-shaded paint style and a colour pallet from World of Warcraft is what does that, if you ask me.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I just want the goats :(

Would these work?

http://westfaliaminiatures.com/halfmen#!/Halfmen-Goat-Knights-1/p/73939036/category=17898025

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

I didn't realize this, but GW has updated the online Kill Team PDF to include Sisters and Inquisition.

In addition, the counters have also been posted.

The iconography on those is garbage. I really prefer the ones I made for Necromunda.

E: Found my old pics

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 4, 2017

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I'm semi-interested in the NM box. The models look nice, if over complicated (again). Though I do want to see them in person to see just how overly big they are at 32mm scale.

They have a vague FisherPrice look to them as they creep up in size.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I don't know what your problem with me is or where it comes from, but it is very unfortunate. I would like to think that I am entirely reasonable when it comes to both playing and discussing the hobby, if not, dare I say it, delightful. I don't mean to be patronising but perhaps if you approached discussions in a more even handed way, with less emotion and preconceived negativity, you would find less to irk you.

You are far from reasonable. You are actually mostly insufferable which is why I have you on ignore and only occasionally click to see what bile/drivel you are puking up.

Good to see you are still the same. Ttfn.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

ineptmule posted:

I watched a live stream BB2 game with two of the guys from my club, Gobbos vs. Halflings.

Chainsaw dude killed a treeman in one turn, and then injured the other like two turns later. It was beautiful.

This seems entirely fitting.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

WTF is a Treant?

E: wait, you mean treemen? Seriously, gently caress this stupid arbitrary re-branding of the GW races. It's needlessly confusing.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Improve your forums experience put Hamshot on ignore. He adds nothing to any conversation and just trolls the thread.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

It makes sense in NM too - you're an untrained drug-addict running through a dark underhive, God knows what underfoot, while people are shooting at you.

I prefer pre-measuring, but it the exclusion makes sense in the NM game world.

I don't want for a rule to make sense in the world of the game, I want a rule that keeps the game enjoyable. If measuring makes it better then measure. If not measuring makes it better then don't measure.

It's like the failed charge rule. Rolled a 2? I guess your guys couldn't run 3 inches to get into combat because they were arguing among themselves, or the ground is not as flat as the table top so they tripped over rubble. It's all kind of dumb. I don't want good excuses, just good games.

I'm not railing at you BM, you're cool. I'm just sick of people rationalizing crappy rules.

Edit: I just realized that it's a hang up from when I played Woodelves many editions ago. You couldn't shoot your bows except from your front rank. As if bows shot in a line like a rifle and not a parabola like... A BOW! It drove me nuts. Thinking about it, even riflemen could shoot muskets in ranks in real life! Goddamn that drove me nuts.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

I can't remember which goon sent me this, but here's the complete one painted up. I'm holding off on doing anything with the other two because since they're missing the props, I'd kind of like to try converting them into buggies or three-wheelers.

They do make really good trikes.

I can't recall the company where I sourced the bits as the monowheel on the back was a nice quick solution to making them into trikes.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

LashLightning posted:

Ramshackle Games does a bunch of resin pieces that would work for modding Ork vehicles. I think they have a flat postal cost.

That's the the one! That's where I got the bits for that conversion.

I could not remember that name for the life of me.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Which kit did you use?

These fenders http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?id_product=247&id_product_attribute=0&rewrite=plant-blank&controller=product
And these wheels http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?id_product=249&id_product_attribute=0&rewrite=plant-blank&controller=product

Sadly they don't seem to have the monowheel I used in the back. It was a really good bit and I suppose you could make your own using one of the above wheels, but it was nice to have a pre built one.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

orlock sprues

https://imgur.com/gallery/VGBo7

I'm not sure if this is news or not. I'm not following necromunda too closely.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Enentol posted:

This thread definitely needs more painted space dollies.

So here's my Goliaths, The Compact Kings.

Big size

They run the trash compactors and incinerators in the underhive. Serendipitously, there's actually a compactor tile in the new set coming out. Can't wait to toss some chumps into it.

All around well done. I like the head stubble particularly.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Will it be akin to 2nd ed or 3rd ed? Those custom dice of 3rd looked fiddly as hell.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Team_q posted:

I'm extremely here for a new GorkaMorka, the old rules feel like 2nd edition. There's been a pile of game design advancements in the last 20 years.

Get ready for (if they ever release it) a new edition of GM that uses those same old rear end rules.

In the meantime get Gretchinz! it's fun and definitely embraces the orky ethos of daka, crashing, and going fast.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Philthy posted:

I've been waiting for Kill Team, but they're saying you can just play with the book and that's it if you want.

We'll see.......

... I don't want to buy those goofy rear end starter boxes for some cardboard.

If only online piracy was a thing...oh well. :(

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

A GW store doesn't need your support. If you want to support someone, support the local B&M that offers a free play area. To be honest though, most local game stores aren't being supported by miniature sales - Magic is what keeps most places afloat.

Magic, candybars, soda, and pitty purchases; this is what keeps FLGS open. Sadly.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

After watching three play through videos I feel confident saying that Speedfreeks is a fine way to get two new ork buggy models and six bikes if you still need them.

The direction templates don't come into play enough in my opinion and it seems to devolve into the classic GW manpile of models touching or within inches of each other blasting each other until one dies.

Sad really. They had X-Wing to steal inspiration from and still whiffed it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I wonder about the other scenarios though, like one is a race.

There's elements of it I do like a lot, like the damage cards. Hopefully fun enough over beer.

You might look into Gaslands if you want a fun table top racing game.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

A friend has expressed interest in Kill Team. Is there a way to make Orks competitive? Also, what are the most successful squads, Space Marines as usual, or are there other top tier armies?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Moola posted:

can I get some anecdotal takes on how AT is doing?

thinking of getting into it but not if its dying

Is it core 40k?

No?

Then assume it’s dying.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Thread, please convince me why I shouldn’t put together some simplified unit icons (like 1990s white dwarf battle report map style) and get them laser etched on mdf chits to use for warmaster?

Do it. Then paint them, and post the results here.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

moths posted:

Happy 20th anniversary, Mordheim!

:toot:

:confuoot:

:(

There is no Mordheim, only Sigmar.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Why not just use the Mordheim rules and houserule the broken stuff? It seems weird to reinvent the wheel when you have a dusty one sitting in the corner over there...

Because roll to hit, roll to wound, roll to save is a crappy mechanic and there are better systems at this point? I'm not slagging you off, but GWs core of roll/roll/roll is bad and should be retired. I've head good things about the Warcry combat mechanics, or you could try a whole new system like Rack & Ruin or A Song of Blades and Heroes, you could even use Frostgrave and skip the mages (this might be a stretch), or something else. I'm far from an expert, but there are so many options there should be something that fits for any players needs without fruitlessly patching a 20 year old game that was kind of busted upon release. Plus ranged spam in Mordheim was never properly addressed as far as I know.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

moths posted:

Does Warcry not do hit/wound/save?

I’d need to check, but I thought it was a bit different. Maybe it’s only initiative that changed.

E: I just double checked, it isn't roll/roll/roll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFm1q-m4HeM&t=1849s

Is it better? That's up to you, but I have never liked hit/wound/save, it always frustrated me.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 15, 2019

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

glitchkrieg posted:

If you're looking for an elegant game, Rack & Ruin is not it.

I was just searching my memory for fantasy skirmish that isn't GW.

What's wrong with R&R in your opinion?

Reynold posted:

Warcry’s combat mechanics are really simple. I enjoy the initiative/doubles for special moves mechanic as well, it’s an incredibly easy game to learn, and quick to play.

One issue I've heard people voice is that there isn't a great deal of strategy. Apparently games tend to end up with a scrum or two that result in lots of punching until one side wins.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

moths posted:

Is that because of the 3 turn limit?

Dunno.

Feature Game: Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Warcry 42m33s

https://www.spreaker.com/user/10238956/episode-80-warcry

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

The correct head conversion is always banana head.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3744321

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

richyp posted:

You see a banana I see a Corn Berzerker.

No, that’s an entirely different model.

https://imgur.com/a/8eltXGi

E: gently caress is posting images with a phone annoying. Enjoy the link I guess.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Aug 17, 2019

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Necromunda is an Imperial Fists fief world right? Would it be a faux pas for the Ultramarines to be sticking they noses into the under hive?

Questioning the Legiones Astartes and the Sons of Guilliman? That sounds dangerously like heresy citizen.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Hihohe posted:

The ogre team looks great. I especially like the Gnoblars

Who are you fooling, gnoblar at the bottom right? A halfling could break you.

No making GBS threads in a helmet mini. 6/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

If there is a Warhammer Fantasy thread, I don't know about it. Have a thing.

Happy loving Festag! :hist101: